gotmilk0112

Forum servers going apeshit

What's going on with the forums lately? They're loading slow as shit. Sometimes. Right now they're seemingly fine, but for a hella long time during the past week, they've been loading insanely slow, or just not loading at all.

Even before the recent "DDoS" was announced, the forums were shitting themselves on a daily basis.

1. Muh free survur! WAH WAH WAH WAH!

2. Yes. Constant DDoS. Cant be helped.

3. Entitlement.

2 hours ago, Storfan said:

3. Entitlement.

1. Only free to play for us, they pay the hosts. I myself donate whenever they ask for it.

2. It can, either they change host or demand more from current as they are paying for the service.

3. Yeah

Even though the DDOS has been insane lately, its quite noticeable that the server stays up. The lagspikes and frequent disconnects are annoying.  I am just waiting it out currently and was quite okay for me yesterday night.

28 minutes ago, Velcie said:

1. Only free to play for us, they pay the hosts. I myself donate whenever they ask for it.

2. It can, either they change host or demand more from current as they are paying for the service.

3. Yeah

1. Still technically free, meaning we have no right to complain. We're here by their hard work and grace.

2. To my knowlidge, the host (OVH) is one of the biggest Hosts in the world and with the biggest capacity to handle massive DDoS. When the biggest Host in the world cant handle 1Tbps DDoS, then noone will.

3. Indeed.

8 minutes ago, Stormhart said:

I don't think there are any methods around to 100 % safeguard against DDoS

That is correct. There are ways to aleviate pressure and to combat it but there are indeed no 100% safeguards.

19 hours ago, Storfan said:

3. Entitlement.

You say free, I say there is NOTHING as valuable as time.  You can work and make more money, time dwindles in one direction.  Your time may not hold as much value as money does to you, but to those of us who cherish our time and lives this game does cost us something.

That and, "free" isn't an excuse for bad service.

As that sig on nost forums went:

if I offer you free ice cream and then shit in the cone, it's okay because it's free, right?