Sign in to follow this  
Rocsi

Is it worth it to reroll a mage?

I rolled a Priest off rip because I ALWAYS play heal based classes, but it's kind of boring me. I'd LIKE to try raiding eventually for the first time and I'd like it to be as a healer, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to reroll to other classes I'm interested in (Mage, Warlock) to level, get gold up, get materials, learn the dungeons (I've only tried one before), ect. I feel like as a Mage or Warlock I'd level soo much faster. Does Priest get better? I'm not a super high level but I know the leveling process is kinda slow, so I'm in between on whether or not I should restart. Especially because I've never played a Lock or Mage long term so I don't know for a fact if it'll be faster or not.

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by Rocsi

Mage is even more boring. Especially in raids. Literally just spamming Frostbolt nonstop. Change to Fireball once you get into AQ/Naxx.

Priest kills things slowly, but has good leveling speed because if you play right, you almost never need to drink. Read a guide or two.

5 points in spirit tap. 5 points in wand mastery. All other points are free choice. Get the best wand you can find (quests, AH). Collect gear with spirit.

mob on sight -> bubble, holy fire, dot, wand.

if (target.hp > 40% & bubble is gone) -> bubble, dot, wand.

if (self.hp < 70% ) -> bublde, dot, renew, wand.

Dont fight mobs level 3+ more than you, not because you can't kill, but because it's ineficient. Try to fight no more than 2 at the same time..

Because you never have to drink if you do this, and considering you have an up-to-date wand, priest leveling is arguably quite fast (and cheap: people sell spirit gear for copper and you need very few core spells for this strategy).

Mage AoE leveling in high pop servers can be inneficient, still, questing is a breeze. For some boring since you have to drink every 2-3 mobs. No idea about lock.

If you play on Elysium there are waaaaay many mages. I honestly would not roll one no matter what.

Locks on the other hand are not that many, but are fun and relatively easy and fast to level thanks to the demonic pets. If the priest bores you then make a Lock alt and see how you like setting things on fire instead

Edited by Pwnana

I have seen a shit ton of priest human/elf/dwarf running around. Will they all make it to 60, probably not, but holy shit the low levels have a lot of priests. 

Lock is hella fun to level with very little downtime. 

Lock is fun if you like to multitask and so far I've noticed feels about twice as fast as a priest but that could be because it's a lot more action oriented.

Also its not a bad idea to roll a farm character for herbs and ore but I would get 60 with one character first or you'll never get there. And money troubles work their way out as you max level.

Edited by Magrim

If you havn't raided or done many instances, playing a priest will feel boring.   This is where they are most fun.   Not in world solo.

Why reroll caster dps? Shadow priest is op in pvp. Or u wanna do things the hard way, use healing spec do pvp, with right tactics & tricks still lots of fun.

plus it's easy get into raid with priest.

Warlock is probably the fun class if you like damage, however if you want to raid despite being capable of the highest dps for a ranged dps it is literally shadowbolt spam 24/7 with the occasional lifetap and drain life.a