PaulyPepperoni

Reasons you *should* make a character on Zeth'Kur

-Fresh realm, you're really not left behind, everyone is basically still leveling and enjoying the world. 

-There's no rush, you can enjoy the Vanilla Content at your own pace. 

- Population, while some like there to be a huge population, Zeth'Kur is a very healthy population of 1000-2500. And a realm, imo, sits comfortable between 2-6k people. 

-Little to no Quest campers.

Think of it as a fresh season in Diablo 2, everyone's starting brand new. You also get to grow with all the people on the realm, your name means more on a lower population realm. 

Just now, arucado said:

ty for info, like no1 cares

I'd like to think you have better grammar than that, did your parents raise you properly? 

Anyway, thank you for speaking for everyone. ;D I'm sure they appreciate that. 

i see no reason to play here unless you enjoy playing with a small population. no offense to elysium but i bet they probably regret opening this realm

play on old nostalrius realm for aq or elysium for start of raiding 

Edited by kegboy

31 minutes ago, elitist faggot said:

i see no reason to play here unless you enjoy playing with a small population

Since when is 4-5k online considered a "small population" ? Most vanilla servers struggle to hit 500 online during peak hours.

And if you ask me, when a server has 8k+ online, the population just becomes overwhelming. Yeah, it's easy to find groups for things, but every single zone is overflowing with players, and questing can be impossible in some places, not only due to the lack of mobs, but due to rampant ganking.

Vanilla wasn't designed to handle that many players at once.

Edited by gotmilk0112

2 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

I've seen it up at 6k, yes.

Average pop is 4k~ goes down to just under 2k during off hours.

1 hour ago, OhpElysium said:

Is Zeth a primarily Oceanic and EU player base? 

EU and NA mostly 

3 hours ago, PaulyPepperoni said:

-Fresh realm, you're really not left behind, everyone is basically still leveling and enjoying the world. 

-There's no rush, you can enjoy the Vanilla Content at your own pace. 

- Population, while some like there to be a huge population, Zeth'Kur is a very healthy population of 1000-2500. And a realm, imo, sits comfortable between 2-6k people. 

-Little to no Quest campers.

1. FALSE. Didn't Zeth Kur start only 10 days after Elysium, on the 17th of January? That doesn't make it a fresh realm. I looked at the level distribution and it's almost identical with Elysium, so much for "everyone is basically still leveling..."

2. FALSE. Won't you have less rush in Elysium since there are more players of each level and as such you're more likely to find a group to play with on Elysium than on Zeth Kur, regardless of your level/progress?

3. Regarding population, there seems to have been a slight decline over the last weeks and I'd predict in the months to come there will be slightly more players leaving than joining, so if you want to ensure to play on a server that'll have a healthy population in the long run, it's better to play on Elysium, isn't it?

Also, If Elysium gets around 5.8k and Zeth'Kur around 1.9k on average and you define a healthy population as '2-6k players being online at the same time', then doesn't Elysium already have a more healthy population?

4. PARTLY TRUE.

Also to the guys above stating that Zeth'Kur's population is usually between 4-5 or even 5-6k, it's at 1628 at the moment... 

and from the few times I checked the player count yesterday when I first discovered this site I can confidently say: You're lying.

I will start playing on Elysium since that's the logical thing to do.

29 minutes ago, Genius said:

Also to the guys above stating that Zeth'Kur's population is usually between 4-5 or even 5-6k, it's at 1628 at the moment...

Bruh, it's like 5am server time. All of EU is asleep.

Elysium gets up to 8k on weekdays, and goes over 10k on weekends. Have fun on the insanely overcrowded realm.

D

E

A

D

S
E
R
V
E
R

You're eventually going to have to get merged with Elysium. 

Edited by Lifealert

I switched from Darrowshire to Zeth'Kur and while this is not saying anyone else should, it has been an intensely enjoyable switch.

The players (even Barrens chat) are super; there are Alliance low levels doing amazing things in Horde low level hunting grounds (A warrior and paladin, level 8s, south of Razor Hill in the Keep... pathing exactly like mobs, waiting for people to learn they are not real mobs, never striking first... just excellent); lots of cooperation; and PvP being done properly, for the most part (always a few idiots, but we just think their family life was truly dysfunctional so we let them enjoy their "fun").

Lower pop? Yep, sure thing. More than enough ears dropping for silly collection quests, lots of room to spread out your skill ups for gathering skills, enemy faction dodging great fun through contested areas. All good.

Mostly it's the people difference that is keeping me there. My faction mates heal, drive-by buff, peel off extra mobs, everything the original release of WoW built in a community. And it's that community that I think most of us old farts came to a legacy server to find once again.

Zeth'Kur has it.

6 minutes ago, nightpaths said:

I switched from Darrowshire to Zeth'Kur and while this is not saying anyone else should, it has been an intensely enjoyable switch.

The players (even Barrens chat) are super; there are Alliance low levels doing amazing things in Horde low level hunting grounds (A warrior and paladin, level 8s, south of Razor Hill in the Keep... pathing exactly like mobs, waiting for people to learn they are not real mobs, never striking first... just excellent); lots of cooperation; and PvP being done properly, for the most part (always a few idiots, but we just think their family life was truly dysfunctional so we let them enjoy their "fun").

Lower pop? Yep, sure thing. More than enough ears dropping for silly collection quests, lots of room to spread out your skill ups for gathering skills, enemy faction dodging great fun through contested areas. All good.

Mostly it's the people difference that is keeping me there. My faction mates heal, drive-by buff, peel off extra mobs, everything the original release of WoW built in a community. And it's that community that I think most of us old farts came to a legacy server to find once again.

Zeth'Kur has it.

LOL LOL LOL 

25 minutes ago, nightpaths said:

Zeth'Kur has it.

+1

Started playing on Elysium and eventually switched over to Zeth. Was the right decision. You don't have 10 people standing around at every quest spot waiting for the mobs to respawn, yet you have enough people to always find groups for quests or to do dungeons. And the people are just a lot better. Elysium is the usual cesspool of internet idiots, whereas Zeth is a friendly, helpful community. People actually talk to each other and with the exception of one (!) I have yet to encounter any toxic players. So far, I'm really enjoying it here. We'll see how the population holds up at 60, but as of right now, it feels exactly they way it should feel.

DEAD

SERVER

19 hours ago, Fizzlestix said:

Started playing on Elysium and eventually switched over to Zeth. Was the right decision. You don't have 10 people standing around at every quest spot waiting for the mobs to respawn, yet you have enough people to always find groups for quests or to do dungeons. And the people are just a lot better. Elysium is the usual cesspool of internet idiots, whereas Zeth is a friendly, helpful community. People actually talk to each other and with the exception of one (!) I have yet to encounter any toxic players. So far, I'm really enjoying it here. We'll see how the population holds up at 60, but as of right now, it feels exactly they way it should feel.

Enjoy raid logging for MC for the next year. 

2 hours ago, Lifealert said:

DEAD

SERVER

Enjoy raid logging for MC for the next year. 

Maybe Zeth population don't care about raiding like you kids on Elysium.

(Boy we have no life we made 60 in 1 week and we cleared MC im the best) like piss off, let people enjoy the game like they want. Obviously the majority on this topic tend to not enjoy being molested by 12 year old Undead Rogues every corner. They like the low population.

Got a 60 here, nearly impossible to start a 5 man for significant periods of the day and if you do manage to make one its only after 45 minutes to an hour of world chat spam.

Sure, leveling is much more enjoyable here than it is on Elysium, and the pvp scene is much, much more casual (both a good thing and a bad thing), but the pop just isn't there yet.

And to the people saying 4-5k peaks, that literally hasn't happened for weeks, the server barely breaks 3k+ these days.

I'd say pick your poison, do you want a casual, sleepy PvP server where most people don't try hard at the expense of population, or do you want the madness that comes with 11k people on Elysium? Both have perks, both have negatives.

Just now, Finalflash said:

>he fell for the zeth meme

haha lmaoing @ your life kid

very sad

I have a 60 on both, get gud.