Sign in to follow this  
Hashmir

Request for Thunderfury change to be reverted - Anathema

With 1.9 being released today on Anathema, Thunderfury went from being a onehand weapon to being a mainhand weapon. I did some research and found that in retail it wasn't until 1.12 that TF was changed to onehand from mainhand. 

According to 1.9 patchnotes that I  found, there is no change that was supposed to happen with Thunderfury. It appears that Elysium simply changed Thunderfury to be how it was at the time of 1.9.

Id like to request that Elysium admins revert Thunderfury back to being a onehand weapon. The GM of our guild put a lot of work into getting the bindings and all of the other mats and just last week he got his thunderfury. He's a rogue and for optimal DPS I've been told thunderfury should be used in the offhand which he of course no longer can do. 

I understand that Elysium is changing the item to be as it was in 1.9 but it's not like 1.9 is when the item first started being mainhand only. Our Guild agreed to give tf to a rogue with the expectation that thunderfury was going to remain in its 1.12 state since we were in 1.8 at the time and had no expectation of it changing. I understand all of the other itemization decisions but going from post 1.12 to pre 1.12 for this item now seems unnecessary.

Please change it back. Thanks for hearing me out. 

Edited by Hashmir

Optimal DPS yield from TF is from using it in MH, this applies to both rogue and fury warriors. This is due to the higher proc-rate in MH. Anyone using TF in OH is just silly.

What kind of guild gives TF to a rogue?!?

It's almost as bad as giving it to a hunter..

Edited by Kazuma

8 hours ago, khalismur said:

Next time don't give it to a rogue.

Our MT already had one and it's BiS OH weapon for rogues and he's our GM so we had no problem giving it to him.

8 hours ago, Storfan said:

Optimal DPS yield from TF is from using it in MH, this applies to both rogue and fury warriors. This is due to the higher proc-rate in MH. Anyone using TF in OH is just silly.

That's 100% false. You do lose out on procs with it in the OH but you want a slow high top end weapon in your mainhand for higher SS damage. TF in OH is BiS for rogues until maybe Iblis in Naxx. 

Only spells and class mechanics are on 1.12, you know this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060204013213/http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19019

Here TF is MH only, one month after the release of 1.9 on retail.

If you want to be a minmaxer you shouldn't have given it to a rogue. Live with it, what's the point of changing the stats of the weapon to an incorrect state for your personal issue?

2 hours ago, Horten said:

Only spells and class mechanics are on 1.12, you know this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060204013213/http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19019

Here TF is MH only, one month after the release of 1.9 on retail.

If you want to be a minmaxer you shouldn't have given it to a rogue. Live with it, what's the point of changing the stats of the weapon to an incorrect state for your personal issue?

If we're talking about min/maxing then TF is BiS OH so we made the right decision there if we we're trying to optimize DPS considering out MT already had one but that's besides the point. I'm just saying that it was randomly changed yesterday. 1.9 isn't when it started being MH. If it had been MH all along like it should have been then our rogue wouldn't have gone for it. 1.9 seems like an odd time to change it.

I understand it's now how it should be but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

It wasn't randomly changed, someone opened a ticket on the bug tracker a couple months ago and the issue was marked as confirmed for a long ass time.

Regarding the thunderfury itself, the nost devs made a design choice a long time ago to stick with the 1.11 version of the sword, being usable in the offhand with a 25% proc rate. It wasn't coherent with their progressive itemization philosophy but they arbitrarily decided to add an exception to the rule. On this server TF is currently on its 1.9 state with ~15 percent proc rate.

Edited by Zarant