Sign in to follow this  
koseku

Best combination of group with 2 players while leveling

Hello, me and my friend want to roll a new character and we will level together. Which combination is best do you think? I was thinking enhancement shaman & warrior since both have melee buffs and can heal & tank so farm faster. Your opinions?

#1 combination is warrior/paladin as warrior damage is pretty high to begin with, so the only drawback of warrior is the lack of mobility which gets remedied by Blessing of Freedom.

warrior + shaman is still really strong and alot of fun. I've leveld two at the same time on Kronos where alttabbing was allowed. When stuff procced I sometimes oneshotted mobs my own level as warrior.

First of all this is a very weird criteria to base your class choice on, but that's just my opinion.

I think BM hunter + warrior is a pretty strong combo from PvE standpoint, they can kill any melee elite mob just by hunter kiting and warrior slowing it down, and warrior and hunter's pet can both tank mobs one after another minimizing downtime.

Why is it a weird choice? If he knows he only plays games with his friend and moves on as soon as they want to play something else, you want good synergy. In Battlefield games I go helicopter or two jets with a friend because it has far greater syngery than two lone infantrymen in a conquestgame.

It's not optimal to be a group while leveling in vanilla. You will actually level slower probably depending on situation. You can have more fun though.

If I was you I would't focus on the "best" combination. Questing will be easy anyway with 2 players no matter what classes.

Only time this really matters is in pvp and dungeons and dungeons are a tiny part of your leveling (you run them 1-2 times no point in running more really) so that leaves us with world pvp. If I was you I would chooses 2 classes and specs that are more fun for you and that works well in world-pvp. Aaaaand world-pvp is usually you getting ganked or ganking others who can't defend themselves so that really only leaves us with having fun. Choose the class you enjoy, done.

But yeah, warrior+any heals is always strong. One downside would be when the shaman get's wolf at lvl 20 and can travel faster than the warrior.

One thing that would be awesome, maybe world first epicness, 2 vanilla moonkins! Just sayin' ;)

8 hours ago, koseku said:

Hello, me and my friend want to roll a new character and we will level together. Which combination is best do you think? I was thinking enhancement shaman & warrior since both have melee buffs and can heal & tank so farm faster. Your opinions?

hunter + hunter

Hunter and warlock  combination level without any break and can deal with even 6 more mobs at same time. 

Hunter, hunter - They're best at farming even with just one, so two will make things go super smooth. With the pets it's practically like having 4 players in group.

Alternatively mage, mage for ultimate AoE madness.

Edited by Pwnana

Lock hunter,

Lock lock,

Hunter hunter,

You can replace a hunter or lock in any combination by a mage. (free foodz n waters and awesome aoe)

hunter and druid no question. or a shaman mixed with one of the previous. those are the only classes that have 30% movement at lvl 20 (or 21 for the druid). I did druid and hunter with my friend and it was fun af, we could run down pretty much anyone we wanted to kill and also escape from almost anyone with roots/traps.