Staden

Development Update 19.04.2017

53 posts in this topic

dev19052017.jpg

General

• The disconnections caused by having multiple crowd control effects active at same time (e.g. fear and stun) should be fixed. We will continue to monitor the situation for any sign of further issues.
  • Improved health/mana/energy regeneration timings. This should fix an issue where mages were not receiving enough regeneration ticks from Evocation and should improve the accuracy of energy timers for rogues (e.g. EnergyWatch).
  • Fixed an issue where the auction house was not returning all matching results.
  • Players should now be dismounted when entering Booty Bay and when boarding a boat/zeppelin.
  • Clients using non-English clients can now participate in the default channels (e.g. general and trade). This does not signal a change in policy regarding default channels being English only.
  • When a player uses a soulstone in a battleground, the insignia cursor should not be displayed when hovering your mouse over them.
  • The insignia cursor should no longer be displayed if a player's insignia has already been taken.
  • NPCs should no longer flee from active conversations.
  • You can no longer pull pets with guns without also pulling their masters. 
  • Fixed an issue with Warchief's Blessing event timers not resetting correctly.

Items

• Shield Spikes and Elemental Sharpening Stones are no longer removed by death.
  • Fixed rare occasions where potion regeneration mechanics were resulting in zero HP ticks, caused by rounding down.
  • Fixed issues with consumable cooldowns, allowing Whipper Root Tuber and health potions to be used together.
  • Cat Carrier (White Kitten) is now a limited supply item (one per three hours).

Raids & Dungeons

• Players killed by NPCs in Alterac Valley can now have their insignias removed.
  • The final Deadmines door should no longer get stuck in a closed state if a rogue attempts to pick it while a player fires the cannon using the blasting powder.
  • Bosses can now detect invisible players (e.g. using an invisibility potion).
  • Lucifron should once again cast Impending Doom.
  • Uldaman has received various improvements that can be viewed in full at https://github.com/elysium-project/server/pull/221.
  • Zone-based monster yells (such as from Azuregos) will now also play any associated audio.
  • Garr's adds can no longer resist Massive Eruption.

Classes & Abilities

• Fixed some issues with shapeshifting items (e.g. Noggenfogger Elixir) being used in conjunction with druid shapeshifting forms.
  • Fixed misc. visual issues with pets having incorrect PvP flags.
  • Improvements to dispel mechanics, including Azuregos' magic reflect shield.
  • Polymorphed creatures will only regenerate 10% of their health per tick rather than a third.
  • Fixed an issue where feral druids were being given incorrect damage boosts from weapons with multiple damage types.
  • Ancient Mana Spring totem should now use the correct spell.
  • Hellfire will no longer ignore immunities.
  • Resists no longer remove Shadow Vulnerability charges.
  • Persistent area auras (Blizzard/RoF/Volley/etc) are no longer affected by the debuff limit.

Quests

• Fixed an issue where if a player placed a quest item in a bank, further items of that type would not drop.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to accept some repeatable quests (e.g. Chen's Empty Keg).
  • Elemental Charms dropped by Elemental Exiles in Arathi Highlands now work.
  • Corpses should despawn when their associated quest items are used on them.
  • The Naga Brazier for the Vosrsha the Lasher quest now functions correctly.

Misc

• Some creatures incorrectly had gnoll aggro messages assigned to them.
  • Environmental fire damage can now be absorbed or resisted.
  • Stormwind City Patrols should now walk at the correct speed.
  • A number of incorrect guard directions have been updated.
  • Mottled Screecher's emote has been fixed.
  • The Touch of Zanzil debuff will be applied when a player opens the chest associated with the Klaven's Tower quest.

We'd once again like to acknowledge and thank all of the contributors to the project's open source repository for their work.

3 minutes ago, Staden said:

• Polymorphed creatures will only regenerate 10% of their health per tick rather than a third.

LOVE IT

1 minute ago, Ravid said:

How long is the server expected to be down?

Inb4 noncommittal response

Top of the list and my personal favourite:

The disconnections caused by having multiple crowd control effects active at same time (e.g. fear and stun) should be fixed. We will continue to monitor the situation for any sign of further issues.

1 minute ago, Stodola said:

The disconnections caused by having multiple crowd control effects active at same time (e.g. fear and stun) should be fixed. We will continue to monitor the situation for any sign of further issues.

when about sell Pattern of Natural resistance?

4 minutes ago, Stodola said:

Same.

Fuck Jazzl he abused it in BGs too much.

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

A Humble Offering Quest and Cenarion Leatherworking pattern yet?

That's a quest from patch 1.11, not 1.9.

good stuff.... /clap

If you were so eager to get gold sellers outta here as you do update the realm... would be osom! ;)

"Players should now be dismounted when entering Booty Bay and when boarding a boat/zeppelin."

doesnt work

1 hour ago, Staden said:

Raids & Dungeons

• Garr's adds can no longer resist Massive Eruption.

Garr's adds can no longer resist a spell that was never used on retail to begin with and change completly how you handle the fight. 

23 minutes ago, Oudeis said:

Garr's adds can no longer resist a spell that was never used on retail to begin with and change completly how you handle the fight. 

Massive Eruption is indeed an ability that belonged to Garr and in fact, the Hyjal version of the fight included this ability. Our understanding is that the mechanics of the fight were changed after patch 1.7. You should find the mechanic being mentioned if you go far enough back or see it in action in older videos.

If you find any evidence to the contrary, we're always happy to review it and make any needed changes.

Great patch as usual, the bug fixes are coming thick and fast with these recent updates. Great to see dungeon re-vamps as well as core mechanic fixes. Can really see the development momentum beginning to  speed up. 2 large updates in April alone really silences those saying Elysium developers are anything less than competent. Bravo team, great to see some fixes I reported in here.

2 hours ago, Staden said:

Quests

• Fixed an issue where if a player placed a quest item in a bank, further items of that type would not drop.

So THAT's why my 2nd TF binding hasnt dropped yet. Huh.

Just now, Storfan said:

So THAT's why my 2nd TF binding hasnt dropped yet. Huh.

Better keep the first binding in your main bag as a luck charm.

4 minutes ago, Staden said:

Massive Eruption is indeed an ability that belonged to Garr and in fact, the Hyjal version of the fight included this ability. Our understanding is that the mechanics of the fight were changed after patch 1.7. You should find the mechanic being mentioned if you go far enough back or see it in action in older videos.

If you find any evidence to the contrary, we're always happy to review it and make any needed changes.

I really don't know what kind of evidence I can give you more. I made a thread about it in the raid and dungeon subforum. There I linked Garr wowwiki officiel  page that do not ever mention this ability, not even in the "change" part (even Ony page mention she no longer disorient with her fireball, an 1.3 change so if something was change about him in the 1.7, it should be there). Someone posted a video of the fight where he never use the ability (on this server he even emote when doing it). We can even say this ability is completely opposed of the mechanic of the fight (you can kill adds, but Garr get stronger, so choose wisely, not keep the adds up and they will do a 80 yard explosion of doom!!!). 

What you gave, someone text not on the wowwiki page (so other can't edit and correct is text correct?), a patch number with 0 mention of Garr(I have check) and you talked about a video without a link. Also talked about an event no longer available but that even wiki page have also 0 mention of that ability (http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2750/wows-10th-anniversary-november-21-january-13) So yeah, my evidence are there. Yours are lacking.

18 minutes ago, Staden said:

Better keep the first binding in your main bag as a luck charm.

I suppose so. After all, I have 4 onyxia bags on my person and another 4 in my bank so atleast I'm not low on space:D

2 hours ago, Staden said:
  • Fixed some issues with shapeshifting items (e.g. Noggenfogger Elixir) being used in conjunction with druid shapeshifting forms.

but why?