Staden

Development Update 19.04.2017

53 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Oudeis said:

<text>

The content I linked is taken from the same wiki that you used as supporting evidence. I've looked at that thread and it seems that Slicy has already shown the ability to be correct, although I'll take a closer look later. I'll post in that thread rather than this one.

As for the wiki edits, yes, anybody can edit the wiki. However, the old content cannot be edited in the same way and it quite clearly mentions the ability.

27 minutes ago, Oudeis said:

I really don't know what kind of evidence I can give you more. I made a thread about it in the raid and dungeon subforum. There I linked Garr wowwiki officiel  page that do not ever mention this ability, not even in the "change" part (even Ony page mention she no longer disorient with her fireball, an 1.3 change so if something was change about him in the 1.7, it should be there). Someone posted a video of the fight where he never use the ability (on this server he even emote when doing it). We can even say this ability is completely opposed of the mechanic of the fight (you can kill adds, but Garr get stronger, so choose wisely, not keep the adds up and they will do a 80 yard explosion of doom!!!). 

What you gave, someone text not on the wowwiki page (so other can't edit and correct is text correct?), a patch number with 0 mention of Garr(I have check) and you talked about a video without a link. Also talked about an event no longer available but that even wiki page have also 0 mention of that ability (http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2750/wows-10th-anniversary-november-21-january-13) So yeah, my evidence are there. Yours are lacking.

Onyxia is supposed to be prenerf. Garr is supposed to have the spell. Wowiki isn't a reliable source at all.

You've been linked a video from retail about it where an add nearby the boss explodes from the spell, in the very thread you're mentioning.

22 minutes ago, Slicy said:

Onyxia is supposed to be prenerf. Garr is supposed to have the spell. Wowiki isn't a reliable source at all.

You've been linked a video from retail about it where an add nearby the boss explodes from the spell, in the very thread you're mentioning.

Garr is above 50%, we don't see the adds HP, someone remind the raid to focus skull then say told you when he explode so he could have exploded from dieing and half the raid didn't die(or even took damage) from the adds explosion looking at the raid range from the explosion, on this server, a lot more would have taken damage/died.

Saying wowwiki isn`t reliable source make your look like a old college teacher that think the internet is hard. If a website that keep track of all the edit about an subject and where you need citation from petty much all you post is not reliable, what is. Find me something that is wrong on the website and I will change my mind.

I could maybe go halfway and say adds might explode, but the spell used is the same as the one they use when they die. Not something with x4 range and x2 the damage. But i`m still waiting for a solid source of this.

Are you trusting wowkiki blindly on purpose because it serves your point ?

"Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006): Added." > Wowiki wrong information

Scroll down to Rogues : http://web.archive.org/web/20061108061857/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patch1p12.html

And you say you remember doing it for your rogue during patch 1.9 ? Nice memory.

3 minutes ago, Slicy said:

Are you trusting wowkiki blindly on purpose because it serves your point ?

"Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006): Added." > Wowiki wrong information

Scroll down to Rogues : http://web.archive.org/web/20061108061857/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patch1p12.html

Ok, good one, I taught you said it's was the wrong instance. I will dig a little bit why they got that info wrong.

I am not blindy following it, I also use what I remember from 10 year ago. We use that website because it's on point 99% of the time, because you (plural use here) ask for source every single time we tell you something is wrong even if most the time, people on the Status quo give little to no source themselves 

Thanks for your work! Reading patch notes makes me feel like it's 2005 again and i'm 12 years younger... :)

Excellent work dev team, keep it up, these updates are appreciated both from a transparency and a game improvement standpoint.

Noggenfogger Elixir doesn't work now anymore for druids ... TT i bought fucking 80 to learn that <.<

All transformation items I had on hand didn't work through shapeshifting (Deviate Delight, Dartol's Rod of Transformation and Orb of Deception). Hopefully it has just been temporarily reverted. I was looking forward to the fix finally!

6 hours ago, Efestos said:

When fixing the chests opening with  Elemental Seaforium Charge plzzzzzzzzzzzzz ^^.

Not a bug

In the original wow the  Elemental Seaforium Charge open the chests And many pages say that if they open them.

Players killed by NPCs in Alterac Valley can now have their insignias removed.

Is this the only reason why we could never loot corpses in AV in the entireity of Nostalrius and Anathema AV ??

I know you could not loot 2/3 of the corpses. Also incase anyone forgot, you could not entirely loot a corpse, for example some Flesh of a Commander/Lieutenant could not be looted.

/join general

/join General

/join Общий

Not work...

В 19.04.2017 в 14:55, Staden сказал:

Clients using non-English clients can now participate in the default channels (e.g. general and trade). This does not signal a change in policy regarding default channels being English only.

=(

Just now, gamer4eg said:

/join general

/join General

/join Общий

Not work...

=(

That change had to be reverted for further testing, sorry.

Только что, Staden сказал:

That change had to be reverted for further testing, sorry.

No problem. I understand that this is difficult.
Could you fix, then the first message of the topic?

Do I need to update my client? I haven't played since the relaunch of nostalrius, and I couldn't find a thread on this in the help forum.

59 minutes ago, OJCOPACABANNA said:

Do I need to update my client? I haven't played since the relaunch of nostalrius, and I couldn't find a thread on this in the help forum.

No. All patches and changes are server-side.

On 4/19/2017 at 2:48 AM, Owondyah said:

good stuff.... /clap

If you were so eager to get gold sellers outta here as you do update the realm... would be osom! ;)

I second this