Sign in to follow this  
Pwnana

Windserpent vs cat/raptor DPS

So, which one is the highest dps? Windserpent appears to be superior at least during leveling since Lightning Breath hits for max damage and starts the attack much sooner than cat at 20yd while cat's Claw gets 20-40% shaved off the damage by armor each time, and the white dps is almost equal (+7% windserpent, +10% cat/raptor)

However pre-ZG the max rank of Lightning Breath is only 5 (learnable at L48), while the max rank of Claw you can learn is L56 skill. So I'm guessing their dps at 60 (or post-56) is almost equal, while pre-60 the windserpent is consistently higher dps. But I don't have a 60 hunter to test this. Has anyone else tested them at 60 for conclusive results?

Pls don't say LUPOS FUTUWU because it's a so heavily camped that 90% of people won't bother investing the time needed (days) to get it...

Are we talking about PvP or PvE?  It also depends on which server/patch you're on.

If it's Ely/ZK, King Bangladesh is the top PvE DPS pet, followed closely by Broken Tooth.

5 hours ago, Myllz said:

If it's Ely/ZK, King Bangladesh is the top PvE DPS pet, followed closely by Broken Tooth.

I am sorry, but that's not correct. Up until patch 1.9, Lupos is the pet with the highest dps. Brokentooth and Deathmaw do come rather close - but even if there was a pet that had the name King Bangladesh, it wouldn't deal more damage than any normal cat.

Concerning serpents, as far as I know, they should come rather close to Lupos' damage with the release of ZG. However, hopefully a hunter playin on Anathema could comment on this, I can only start comparing stuff at the end of the month, when we (hopefully) get ZG on Darrowshire.

If you really want a "budget" pet (so no rarespawn) pre ZG, you should just get a LBRS worg or a needles cougar, depending on what you prefer. Those get outdpsd quite hard by Lupos & Co. though.

From my levelling experience on Elysium and Kronos beforehand, the Wind Serpent is the best pet for levelling. The Lightning Breath instantly attacks the enemy for very high dmg and by the time the mob gets to you, he just uses it again with Growl. Not only its a huge amount of dmg that cat/raptor cant provide at the start of the fight, but it also makes your pet to hold aggro very well. 

In some very long fights the cat might outdps the serpent, but since the difference in dmg is very small (only 3%), I suggest you get serpent for levelling. Obviously Lupos is still the best DPS pet in the game and will be until patch 1.9. And no matter what the name of cat is, their DPS is always the same.

Btw : Unleashed Fury, Ferocity and Frenzy talents all affect Wind Serpent's Lightning Breath.

1 hour ago, Shaze said:

Btw : Unleashed Fury, Ferocity and Frenzy talents all affect Wind Serpent's Lightning Breath.

I can confirm this. It does indeed.

6 hours ago, Poly said:

However, hopefully a hunter playin on Anathema could comment on this.

Lupos post 1.9 is just a normal wolf nothing special, furious howl is debatable (its bugged in plethora of ways, some for the good some for the bad, hard to test tho). 

Broken Tooth is best dps pet (if you manage to keep it alive and buffed). 1.0 atk speed scale rather nicely with uber world buffs, jujus etc. If you suck at keeping pets alive or for some reason loose pet buffs on zoning (taking portal, entering instance) as me then Serpent gets some added value cause you can park it outside of harms way and atleast get the Lightning Breath dmg in. 

8 hours ago, Poly said:

I am sorry, but that's not correct. Up until patch 1.9, Lupos is the pet with the highest dps. Brokentooth and Deathmaw do come rather close - but even if there was a pet that had the name King Bangladesh, it wouldn't deal more damage than any normal cat.

lol?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=731

By himself he's the highest DPS pet in the game.  The reason most people use BT over him is King B is much worse in PvP due to his slow attack speed and BT's damage isn't too far behind.

19 hours ago, Myllz said:

lol?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=731

By himself he's the highest DPS pet in the game.  The reason most people use BT over him is King B is much worse in PvP due to his slow attack speed and BT's damage isn't too far behind.

Step 1 : Tame King Bangalash

Step 2 : Tame ANY other cat and make it the same lvl as King Bangalash

Step 3 : Look at their DPS

Step 4 : Realize that you don't know anything about vanilla and all cats have same DPS

On 4/23/2017 at 6:02 AM, Shaze said:

Step 1 : Tame King Bangalash

Step 2 : Tame ANY other cat and make it the same lvl as King Bangalash

Step 3 : Look at their DPS

Step 4 : Realize that you don't know anything about vanilla and all cats have same DPS

Frenzy. It's a very slight difference, but you know min/max is what it's all about.

The faster attack speeds are also really good for disrupting casts in pvp.

Yeah, that's the only real thing that affects pet dps in the same species, but I wouldn't adress much value to it.

You will not be using full BM talents on lvl 60 anyway, therefore no Frenzy.