Physicist

Multiboxing - Elysium PVP

I would normally refrain from calling out people on the forums but over the last few days I had a particularly unpleasant experience with a multiboxer that I have to spend a few minutes writing this down.

The background:

While leveling one can come across many people that multibox, which on Elysium is not allowed. The most blatant form involves a level 60 simply having his lowbie character on "follow" (or the other way around) while questing / grinding in front of the eyes of the rest of the server population.

Currently, such players are reported through the in-game ticketing system which means that one cannot provide recordings or screenshots of the actual culprit, and therefore I do not know how serious these reportings are actually taken and followed up on.

Now to my situation:

Two days ago I came across the alliance player GASDAS (60 Mage) who is boosting his own toon NIANGXIPI (level 40 Hunter). The places this usually happens are the grinding spots such as Swamp of Sorrows (murloc beach) or Dustwallow Marsh (murloc islands) where the mage rounds up the mobs and AoE kills them close to the boosted toon for XP.

I logged onto an alliance toon of mine to whisper him that multiboxing was not allowed at all and unfair to the other players but we couldnt understand eachother as he is from Asia.

In an attempt to interfere with this player's multiboxing I attacked his level 40 Hunter (which FD'd after a short while and then didn't move any further during the fight, ie. he alt-tabs) while his Mage proceeded to kill me after realising I was attacking his lowbie. I then repeatedly rezzed in the same place out of protest and got killed over and over again until I logged out (he logged out of the lowbie soon to focus entirely on camping me).

Today, I came across this pair again and did exactly the same as above. Outcome: I repeatedly rezzed and got killed (about 10 times at this point) and have now basically logged out to write this post.

In principle I do not have a problem with corpse running 10 times or being ganked, but if this comes from a player who blatantly multiboxes in front of others and then proceeds to harrass the people that call him out is not acceptable in my view. I think it would be good if there was a way to share with the GMs/Admins any recordings / screenshots of players engaged in multiboxing to substantiate the verbal-only claims that one makes through the in-game ticketing system. Rather than posting this publicly (I agree that player flaming in general should not be allowed on the forums), this could be done via an anonymous thread. These anonymous threads exist for other purposes on this forum already, i.e. posts that only admins and the poster can see but would allow for sharing of media.

PS: Before you ask, I have issued an in-game ticket two days ago which is going to be processed at the right time I am sure

report it in-game and move on... to another zone/area/quests. no reason to stay there and get ganked over and over again. 

- > Make a screenshot

-> upload it to imgur

-> ???

-> profit

On a serious note. Just use stuff like shadowplay or other free to use videorecoriding tools, upload your finds and copy pasta the link into the ticket. Now the GM will be able to verify your claims.

1 hour ago, Hurricane2 said:

On a related note how do I change screenshots from .tga or whatever the default is called?

I would like to know this as well without having to download a third party program. they won't open in paint like some people have suggested.

I like to report boxers as well. They are a scourge. Video seems like the best evidence for boxers. Is there an easy way to capture video in game? An add on or something? 

13 hours ago, Plumpfoliage said:

It sounds like you asked for it. He had every right to beat your self righteous ass again and again.

Multiboxers have no human rights.

There must have been a good reason why they would decide that screenshots and videos were not suitable for multibox reports.

And I have a strong suspecion the reason is that screenshots and videos do not prove anything. To make sure the two characters are run from the same machine, and not one person boosting his afk friend, you'd have to check their IP adresses.

As much as I don't like multiboxers, I'm gonna have to admit, that a witch hunt is not the way to fight them. Neither the one-man suicidal crusade of yours.

I afraid we'll have to rely on GMs and their persistence on this one.

If your boosting afk friend, then your friend would not attack like multiboxing alts do. It`s piss easy to spot them.

8 hours ago, Motorbreath said:

There must have been a good reason why they would decide that screenshots and videos were not suitable for multibox reports.

That has never been the case. Their issue is that there's no easy way to just paste a recording or screenshot into the client without already having a recording set up or knowledge on how to use the snipping tool or an application like ShareX, but many people have been able to provide both very easily since it's gotten far more accessible these days.

If you don't provide us screenshots or video for some types of tickets, you're making our job harder and take longer to investigate.

you cant multibox if they are separate factions. Most likely another person helping him boost which is NOT against the rules

3 hours ago, AciDTRiP said:

you cant multibox if they are separate factions. Most likely another person helping him boost which is NOT against the rules

Uh, yes you can?

1 hour ago, Justme said:

Uh, yes you can?

Get out of here with your logic!

1 hour ago, Storfan said:

Get out of here with your logic!

That's not logic, that's just knowledge. I'm the one responsible for logic on this forum.

Nope. Report it with an in-game ticket and include a link to the video. 

It's pretty obvious that it's one player controlling two characters and switching between them.