Sign in to follow this  
Habskilla

How come Warriors are considered great in PvP without a combat charge?

I really want to play Warrior but the idea of not being able to charge in combat is really holding me back. How can Warrior's be considered great PvP characters when a Mage/Hunter/Priest, pretty much any caster has such a HUGE advantage

I remember this really annoying YouTuber who played Warrior figured out a very complex macro to charge in combat, if I were to find that macro is it allowed?

4 hours ago, Habskilla said:

I remember this really annoying YouTuber who played Warrior figured out a very complex macro to charge in combat, if I were to find that macro is it allowed?

Are you talking about intercept?

No hes talking about Swifty, who found a way to drop combat (I forget the trick tbh) in retail vanilla and made a video about that + skull of impending doom + glowy hands

2 hours ago, Haestingas said:

No hes talking about Swifty, who found a way to drop combat (I forget the trick tbh) in retail vanilla and made a video about that + skull of impending doom + glowy hands

That's him, God he was annoying.  I think I found the macro as well so I may just level a Warrior. 

As for intercept I forget can that be used in combat? I've only played Arms

Intercept can be used in combat

The whole macro to leave combat involved canceling Bloodrage which would put you out of combat even when in combat with other players. This was fixed in like patch 1.11 and dosent work here.

I literally googled: "swifty bloodrage cancelaura charge".

First hit, from old Nost forums:

/script local i; CastShapeshiftForm(1); Cast BloodRage; Cast Charge(Rank 1); for i = 0,15 do if ( GetPlayerBuffTexture(i) == "Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Racial_BloodRage") then CancelPlayerBuff(i); end;

I dont think canceling bloodrage removes you from combat on servers with  a ManGos core though as they are technically back-ported TBC clients and this was fixed in retail vanilla. Super easy to test though. I havnt since I dont PvP and havnt had any use for it.

Google-FU master, out.

OK, thanks.

I honestly didn't know, more likely forgot it has been 11yrs since I played Vanilla, Fury had a combat charge. I may give Warrior a chance but I'm actually looking into Hunters. I want a class that has a good chance against cloths and rogues and I think Hunters might be the best at that

18 hours ago, Habskilla said:

OK, thanks.

I honestly didn't know, more likely forgot it has been 11yrs since I played Vanilla, Fury had a combat charge. I may give Warrior a chance but I'm actually looking into Hunters. I want a class that has a good chance against cloths and rogues and I think Hunters might be the best at that

Lol.

Im not the best player but killing a hunter which is 1 time in range of intercept and having his pet and hes dead.

Frostmages which have all cooldowns ready are hard , but using some utility (like potions) and you could win

Warlocks should always be dead if you can open wirh charge.

Shadowpriest.... you die

Holy/disc ... depends on how many mana he has.

And rogues... if you have insignia , no problem.

You just need to learn how to play when using what.. just the normal things 

16 minutes ago, Vollfos said:

Lol.

Im not the best player but killing a hunter which is 1 time in range of intercept and having his pet and hes dead.

Frostmages which have all cooldowns ready are hard , but using some utility (like potions) and you could win

Warlocks should always be dead if you can open wirh charge.

Shadowpriest.... you die

Holy/disc ... depends on how many mana he has.

And rogues... if you have insignia , no problem.

You just need to learn how to play when using what.. just the normal things 

Rogues can beat warriors if they get the opener. They can blind the trinket.

To beat casters roll a warlock. To beat rogues roll a rogue. To beat plate roll a mage.

9 hours ago, Justme said:

Rogues can beat warriors if they get the opener. They can blind the trinket.

To beat casters roll a warlock. To beat rogues roll a rogue. To beat plate roll a mage.

From what I can remember Warriors ALWAYS countered the crap out of rogues in vanilla/TBC.

Maybe it just depends on the skill of the player

A sub/dagger spec drinking a tea will stun lock a warrior.

If it's a PvE combat dag/sword, as long as you have the hp to survive the opener, you are pretty well off.

Prot warrior does well against shadow priest as long as RNG doesn't get you on shield slam not removing their shield.

If you don't have stun resist a geared out pvp rogue can absolutely wreck a warrior unless the warrior is wearing a bunch of conq or wrath so they can survive the stunlock with a decent amount of hp. Orcs also do very well in that matchup just because 1 stun resist can turn the tide.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎19 at 7:03 PM, DeconstruKt said:

From what I can remember Warriors ALWAYS countered the crap out of rogues in vanilla/TBC.

Maybe it just depends on the skill of the player

You're right actually, it does. Among low skilled players the warrior usually wins, the opposite holds true for equally high skilled players.

You will never be a 1v1 god as a warrior, the class just lacks the utility/cc, so get use to getting shit on in wpvp. But you can burst like a motherfkr and tear shit up in bg's and wpvp with the right spec/trinkets and consumables. Watch some youtube videos or ask yesmaster/ireck on horde side or tribe/gilnash ally side for tips in game.