Sign in to follow this  
Software

Herbalism Spawns

Are the herbalism nodes spawning at blizz like times? I've been leveling herbalism for a few days now, and from 230 on has been painfully slow. I've done full circuits of some zones three or four times in a row and not found a single spawn. Just seems off. Am I possibly following right behind someone else?

Any input?

7 hours ago, Software said:

I've been leveling herbalism for a few days now, and from 230 on has been painfully slow.

What you have described is precisely the Blizz-like performance that was intended.

Welcome to Vanilla.

My bet is a few other dudes are doing the same in front of you. Its very up and down for the herbs people still use for raids and such.

I'm not of the same opinion, I've been alche/herb in vanilla's days and on Darrowshire the herb system is broken in some point: there are too few spown points or the respown time is too long.

I played in a server with always the queue, and at that time the server cap was 3k if I'm not wrong, but I'm sure that the dreamfoil weren't so few, the Icecap were a bit problematic with the mountain silversage too, but in this server the soil is too barren for some herbs, dreamfoil at the top of the list!

I'm 60 from 3 mounth at last, and I've tryed Silithus, Burning Stepps, Azshara, Winterspring, EPL and so, but the dreamfoil are too rare for a blizzlike, it's broken, there's no doubt. Futhermore I remember to had the same feeling for some other herbs diring the livelling, but in a minor way.

20 mins spawn timer for average herbs. Catch is now vs vanilla there are more herbalists, more people with epic mounts and mount speed enchants, and addons that track where herb spawn points are. Also with exception to like black lotus most herbs share timers so people clear out all the wanted good stuff leaving trash and when u come along if all their is is trash you have to clean that up for the good stuff to spawn and just about when its all good stuff someone else comes along and grabs only the good stuff.

Good herbs are heavily farmed, that's not a surpise to be honest. On the other hand current situation is much better than ~2 months ago (at that time i could ridethrough whole Un'Goro and get 0 foils and 5 silversages).

The only hifh level herb which is really abundant is Icecap, but it requires high skill to pick itself.

Also, keep in mind that there are more and less heavily farmed times. If you happen to not find herbs at a specific time, try +/- 2h for example.

And you can always /who the location you are about to farm and if you find 10 60s there you'd probably fail.