Vindizle

37.00% crit cap?

I notice when I'm fully buffed that adding additional agility through scrolls or scorpok thing doesn't increase my spellbook displayed crit above 37.00%.

Can anyone confirm that indeed the max crit value assumed for attack table calculations is 37% and not more and just limited by some odd spellbook cause?

Smartass EDIT: no other methods such as applying berserker stance or getting buffed by kings or whatever shit possible that would allegedly increase crit ends up increasing crit above 37.00%. Even berserker stance ends up only increasing it by whatever value needed to reach 37.00% flat.

So allegedly if I unequip something that only grants one hit, my spellbook will lower the value of crit to 36.00%?

1 hour ago, Knife said:

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Hide contents

elixirs/scrolls that provide the same stat bonus dont stack...

^This right here.

If they did stack, then you could just stack one of every rank of scroll and elixir and end up with like 200 extra agility which would be kinda silly.  Also the crit cap is different than what's displayed in your spellbook, even if you stacked enough agi somehow to get your spellbook to display 99.99% crit chance, your actual real world amount of critical hits caused would still only be around 30-40%, depending on your hit percentage, because of the way the melee swing roll table works. 

6 hours ago, Storfan said:

^This right here.

Then explain how my AP does increase after using both R.O.I.D.S. and strength IV smartass.

5 hours ago, QQsya said:

If they did stack, then you could just stack one of every rank of scroll and elixir and end up with like 200 extra agility which would be kinda silly.  Also the crit cap is different than what's displayed in your spellbook, even if you stacked enough agi somehow to get your spellbook to display 99.99% crit chance, your actual real world amount of critical hits caused would still only be around 30-40%, depending on your hit percentage, because of the way the melee swing roll table works. 

So you claim the 37.00% cap has been put in place for no reason just to confuse players and there is no hard cap like that build in, but a cap that depends on total sum of glancing blow chance, miss, dodge and parry?

6 hours ago, Storfan said:

^This right here.

Also to not avoid my damn question can you elaborate how come upon switching away from berserker stance i go from 37.00% to like 36.2% crit instead of 34.00%, to completely throw out the question of elixirs

5 hours ago, QQsya said:

My spellbook won't go above 37.00%, what I am suggesting is there may be a 37.00% cap within the attack table system too, but would like someone to confirm this or claim their spellbook showed more than that, e.g. during felstriker proc.

7 minutes ago, Vindizle said:

Then explain how my AP does increase after using both R.O.I.D.S. and strength IV smartass.

So you claim the 37.00% cap has been put in place for no reason just to confuse players and there is no hard cap like that build in, but a cap that depends on total sum of glancing blow chance, miss, dodge and parry?

Does it really increase by the total amount that they BOTH provide though? The stronger one should over-write the weaker one meaning if you pop the scroll first and the ROIDS afterwards, you will indeed get an increase but only by the amount that ROIDS out-perform the scroll, basically over-writing it and making the scroll null and void. If they DO stack I'm fairly certain its a bug and its not suppose to.

3 minutes ago, Vindizle said:

Also to not avoid my damn question can you elaborate how come upon switching away from berserker stance i go from 37.00% to like 36.2% crit instead of 34.00%, to completely throw out the question of elixirs

Noone is avoiding it. The question was answered in relation to the information you provided. Also, screenshot or it didnt happen. Could be a visual bug.

During my next run of not dying to horde in front of the raid i will record a few cases where this is happening. If it ends up not a visual bug then we could ask some GMs to confirm whether or not the 37 number is affecting attack tables.

On the topic of str scrolls and roids , I am sure that they dont stack atleast in raids - str scroll would be pointless as you have a str totem as horde as alliance I would think either or as I believe it works the same as a stamina scroll and fortitude buff from a priest.

As far as I remember I Only used to get the blasted lands buff and as a tank the only extra scroll is armour/agi depending on totem use.

16 minutes ago, Ragward said:

On the topic of str scrolls and roids , I am sure that they dont stack atleast in raids - str scroll would be pointless as you have a str totem as horde as alliance I would think either or as I believe it works the same as a stamina scroll and fortitude buff from a priest.

As far as I remember I Only used to get the blasted lands buff and as a tank the only extra scroll is armour/agi depending on totem use.

Str scrolls doesnt (or atleast shouldnt) stack with Smoked Desert Dumplings.

The only scroll that stacks with any other similar consumable is armor. Crystal Ward also stacks with armor scrolls and other armor consumables.

Kid ask for help, gets it, and then throws flame at everybody.

#Entitled

If duel wielding:

Miss: 24.6%
Dodge: 5.6%
Parry: 0%
Glancing blow: 40%
Block: 0%
Critical hit: 29.8%
Normal hit: 0%

Tanking

Miss: 5.6%
Parry: 5'6%
Block: 5.6%
Critical hit: 37.6%

If using 2h:

Critical hit: 48.8%

Adjust miss based on your plus hit gear.

Certain items stack, certain ones do not.  There are threads about this. Some items only stack a little bit. Like a Scroll of Protection IV gives 200 of the 450 armor.

3 hours ago, Undertanker said:

Kid ask for help, gets it, and then throws flame at everybody.

#Entitled

If duel wielding:

Critical hit: 29.8%

Tanking

Miss: 5.6%
Parry: 5'6%
Block: 5.6%
Critical hit: 37.6%

If using 2h:

Adjust miss based on your plus hit gear.

Certain items stack, certain ones do not.  There are threads about this. Some items only stack a little bit. Like a Scroll of Protection IV gives 200 of the 450 armor.

Thanks, but how do you explain my spellbook capping at 37.00%? I knew all about those attack table things before. This is about whether or not the spellbook falsely claims the critical strike chance to cap at 37.00% or if it is actually so when calculating attack tables. Has any of you ever observed their spellbook claim more than 37.00%?

What bothers me is we all seem to operate on promises that it is so, promises given by god knows who ten years ago. For all we know (we haven't tested anything, or if i am wrong please correct me) the cap could indeed be 37%. Is there an addon that could keep track of this info for me after a long period of swinging?

3 hours ago, Undertanker said:

Delete your toon.  It helps, since full explanations do not.

There was no answer to my question, not even an Idk

He wants to know if the spell book can go over 37% crit that is all he wants to know nothing more about hit/miss attack tables or any of this shizzle just wether the spellbook can go higher.

I have 0 clue on this matter.

On 10.6.2017 at 2:01 PM, Undertanker said:

If using 2h:

this is wrong. Should be 6% miss (vs Bosses) at 305 wep.skill if i remember correctly.

Yes, your Crit on your Spellbook CAN exceed 37%.

However there are things that can bug out, for example in my case applying ele sharp stones to my OH doesnt increase my Spellbook crit %, only applied to MH it shows (And i think it will actually only increase the % chance to crit on OH-Swings if applied to OH).

There was also that bug that equipping a weapon with ele sharp and unequipping it could decrease your critchance to 0%, a relog fixed that.

ROIDS and Scrolls are different buffs. ROIDS don't stack with Zanza potables, Scrolls don't stack with Juju or Elixir of giants