Sign in to follow this  
Redjaw

Best way to leveling low level pet

Greetings,

For the first time I'm playing hunter. To be honest, playing hunter is very funny. But for last 7 days, it's a pain. Because after some research, I realized that the pet that I use, garbage. So after more research I found Broken Tooth and Lupos. Spawns are full of hunters. Some players only coming for killing these rares. Anyhow I hope someday I'll tame Broken Tooth.

2 days ago, I catch Broken Tooth. I start taming after I put trap. And it is failed. 10 sec later another hunter came there and he took it on first attempt. he was 38, I'm 40 btw. Before I make this, I was with my best friend echeyakee. I abandoned him to take Broken Tooth, but as i said I failed. Now I have Rake. Rake seems good for now. But he was 10 when I tamed. Till 15, I killed 15-18 level mobs and Rake was taking experience and level. Now, stucked. Rake only taking experience when 'I' take experience. That means I need to kill at least 32-33. As you realize, It's a little bit hard.

My questions are;

1-Is it normal to not taking experience from +15 lvl mobs and need to kill +33 (according to my level)?

2-Is there any other way to leveling my pet fast?

3-What we gonna do with these blizzlike spawn times? (It should be more less) 

As I see know, taking a good pet it's a competition. But some people is just took these pets and came to Elysium from Zeth'Kur. Do you think that it is justified?

I already start to thinking about re-roll.

Show me a good way that makes me happy. I dont want to lose my Hunter.

Regards,

My advice: Abandon Rake and get any other cat thats nearest to your current lvl. Level up to 60, then get BT(PvP) or Lupos(PvE).

Rake isnt special in any way, regular Swamp Jaguar has the same atk. speed and it will be much easier to camp these rares on 60, since you greatly increase your odds of winning pvp.

Yeah, the Rake's nice at level 10 but he's not particularly incredible. Either pick up Broken Tooth at 37 or around that level, or go up to 60, then tame him and level him up.

Your Tame Beast must have been resisted, as can sometimes happen, and you'll just have to hope it doesn't happen next time. Lupos resisted my tame THREE TIMES in a row, and I was level 60 when I got him.

For leveling a pet up quickly, I point you in the direction of my pet tutorial's "combat training" segment. See the "Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]" thread and head to section 3.2.2. The aforementioned segment falls between 20:53 and 26:53. You can find other segments' time stamps linked in the description.

Hope that helps. Good luck and happy hunting. :)

@Shaze

Is it really necessary to take if PvP BT if PVE Lupos?

Because I'm thinking that I'm not be able to tame one of these pets because of my bad luck. 

Any other advice?

@Raziya

Greetings Raziya, 

I already read your guide. It's amazing. First of all, thank you very much for that. And now I'll check your guide once again. To see if there is any information about these pets spawn timers. Because some information I have seems like corrupted. Dunno exactly.

I would say that for PvE, Lupos is mandatory because he deals at least 30% more damage than other pets in raids and scales very well with the debuffs.

For PvP you can have more options than just Broken Tooth.

BT is best vs casters because of the atk. speed, but Lupos will be best vs plate wearers or generally anyone that has large amount of armor. You can also use any Boar for Charge or Wind serpent for ranged Lightning Breath.

As for levelling the pet, I suggest killing mobs approximately 5 lvls above your pets level. That's what I did when I lvled my Lupos from 23 to 60.

You can also try killing elite casters(near ZF) or some elite dragons(DM) that are quite weak, but yield double exp.

9 hours ago, Redjaw said:

Greetings Raziya, 

I already read your guide. It's amazing. First of all, thank you very much for that. And now I'll check your guide once again. To see if there is any information about these pets spawn timers. Because some information I have seems like corrupted. Dunno exactly.

I humbly thank you for reading. I'm glad it helped. :D

Lupos is THE hands-down best PvE pet until he gets nerfed. Just make sure you keep him in melee so he can do the damage he does, as with any other wolf. His shadow damage pre-nerf is, as Shaze said, very useful against plate wearers, but it's kind of annoying fighting a tank anyway. So, you may as well leave that to your mage friend. If Lupos is nerfed, Deathmaw is recommended for his slightly better attack speed.

Broken Tooth is a favored PvP pet for anti-caster because of the attack speed, also as Shaze said. Hunters can be pretty hard on casters, and Broken Tooth only makes it better. Of course, your Broken Tooth will not be able to interrupt via damage if that mage has Ice Barrier, priest has Power Word: Shield, or warlock has Void Sac, so don't think he'll solve ALL your caster problems. Broken Tooth can also be used just fine in PvE! Cats are very nice damage, though its rare his physical attacks will outperform Lupos pre-nerf. It's also worth noting that while certain beasts, like wolves, have abilities put on cooldown and always have focus available for Dash, a cat will be focus starved by spamming Claw all the time, so one may not be as responsive as a different beast.

I've been using a Wind Serpent for a while now and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite beasts. Their instant ranged breath is great for all of my needs. I tag people off flags in BGs with Dive + Lightning Breath if I'm a little too far away to make it in time, they're fun in raid encounters (bouncing between you and Battleguard Sartura in AQ40, for instance, or booping the enemies that pop up for a second or two before the melee eat them during Razorgore phase 1), great on trash (can DPS from out of a Death Talon Overseer's cleave range), and they're very effective for pet pulls. Since I do the pulling for my guild's raids, having a pet that can tag a pack of Vekniss Guardians and get back to me alive, possibly without a scratch, is very convenient. Their breath is also magic, which can be a plus in some places. It will deal extra damage to nature-vulnerable foes in Blackwing Lair, which can include Chromaggus at times. Another plus side to the Lightning Breath costing 50 focus per cast is that your Wind Serpent is more likely to have focus for Dive in case of emergency repositioning, given that they will often have enough for Dive, but not enough for Lightning Breath.

As for timers, Broken Tooth was confirmed to have a four hour respawn time on Anathema and Darrowshire, although if they broke it or it doesn't apply to Elysium, then I'm sorry, I don't know the time. Lupos I don't remember, and Deathmaw's respawn time on Anathema is less than five hours. Don't have an exact timer on him. There are no noteworthy rare Wind Serpents, but there's a rumor the white ones in Sunken Temple on the green dragon level have a faster attack speed than other Wind Serpents. This remains unconfirmed and no archive I know of affirms this claim. Figured I should say it anyway, just in case you wanted to check it out.

Hope that helps. Good luck and happy hunting!

On 28. 6. 2017 at 0:32 PM, Raziya said:

There are no noteworthy rare Wind Serpents, but there's a rumor the white ones in Sunken Temple on the green dragon level have a faster attack speed than other Wind Serpents. This remains unconfirmed and no archive I know of affirms this claim. Figured I should say it anyway, just in case you wanted to check it out.

That's just a rumor. I tamed one of those to get the last rank of Lightning Breath of Elysium and it has 2.00 atk speed like all other serpents.

But I share your love for them, when Lupos gets nerfed I will instantly switch back to my own that I used for levelling.

3 hours ago, Shaze said:

That's just a rumor. I tamed one of those to get the last rank of Lightning Breath of Elysium and it has 2.00 atk speed like all other serpents.

But I share your love for them, when Lupos gets nerfed I will instantly switch back to my own that I used for levelling.

Aww! Thanks for confirming, fam.

<3 They're so fun! You ever mob tag for a lowbie friend with one of those beauties? *tag* Zap! *tag* Zap! Hehe. :)

On 28.6.2017 at 0:32 PM, Raziya said:

I humbly thank you for reading. I'm glad it helped. :D

Lupos is THE hands-down best PvE pet until he gets nerfed. Just make sure you keep him in melee so he can do the damage he does, as with any other wolf. His shadow damage pre-nerf is, as Shaze said, very useful against plate wearers, but it's kind of annoying fighting a tank anyway. So, you may as well leave that to your mage friend. If Lupos is nerfed, Deathmaw is recommended for his slightly better attack speed.

Broken Tooth is a favored PvP pet for anti-caster because of the attack speed, also as Shaze said. Hunters can be pretty hard on casters, and Broken Tooth only makes it better. Of course, your Broken Tooth will not be able to interrupt via damage if that mage has Ice Barrier, priest has Power Word: Shield, or warlock has Void Sac, so don't think he'll solve ALL your caster problems. Broken Tooth can also be used just fine in PvE! Cats are very nice damage, though its rare his physical attacks will outperform Lupos pre-nerf. It's also worth noting that while certain beasts, like wolves, have abilities put on cooldown and always have focus available for Dash, a cat will be focus starved by spamming Claw all the time, so one may not be as responsive as a different beast.

I've been using a Wind Serpent for a while now and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite beasts. Their instant ranged breath is great for all of my needs. I tag people off flags in BGs with Dive + Lightning Breath if I'm a little too far away to make it in time, they're fun in raid encounters (bouncing between you and Battleguard Sartura in AQ40, for instance, or booping the enemies that pop up for a second or two before the melee eat them during Razorgore phase 1), great on trash (can DPS from out of a Death Talon Overseer's cleave range), and they're very effective for pet pulls. Since I do the pulling for my guild's raids, having a pet that can tag a pack of Vekniss Guardians and get back to me alive, possibly without a scratch, is very convenient. Their breath is also magic, which can be a plus in some places. It will deal extra damage to nature-vulnerable foes in Blackwing Lair, which can include Chromaggus at times. Another plus side to the Lightning Breath costing 50 focus per cast is that your Wind Serpent is more likely to have focus for Dive in case of emergency repositioning, given that they will often have enough for Dive, but not enough for Lightning Breath.

As for timers, Broken Tooth was confirmed to have a four hour respawn time on Anathema and Darrowshire, although if they broke it or it doesn't apply to Elysium, then I'm sorry, I don't know the time. Lupos I don't remember, and Deathmaw's respawn time on Anathema is less than five hours. Don't have an exact timer on him. There are no noteworthy rare Wind Serpents, but there's a rumor the white ones in Sunken Temple on the green dragon level have a faster attack speed than other Wind Serpents. This remains unconfirmed and no archive I know of affirms this claim. Figured I should say it anyway, just in case you wanted to check it out.

Hope that helps. Good luck and happy hunting!

Great post, thank you !

The only advantage "The Rake" has is an attack speed of 1.2 at low level. Used to be that you wouldn't find any cat as fast as that until level 23, and the Rake is only level 10. However, there is a bit of an implementation difference on Elysium and you can also tame the Savannah Cub (level 9) that also has the 1.2 speed. But once you hit level 23, lots of other cats also have the 1.2 speed and as mentioned above at level 37, you have access to Broken Tooth (speed 1.0). Since you're at level 40, I'd suggest the Swamp Jaguar (lvl 36-37) in the Swamp of Sorrows as the fastest cat near your level (at least until you get Broken Tooth).

And for the person who mentioned a Wind Serpent. The Spawn of Hakkar (level 51 elite) in Sunken Temple is also quite fast. Melee attack speed of 1.225, ranged speed of 1.347. Although I suspect the ranged lightening attacks is more limited by focus regeneration than attack speed. The Hakkari Frostwing (lvl 49-50 Elite) also in the sunken temple is slightly slower with a melee speed of 1.25 and a ranged speed of 1.375. It also has a mana bar, so it's a caster pet and inferior in terms of heath, armor, etc than the Spawn of Hakkar which doesn't have a mana bar. To put those speeds into perspective, the usual melee and ranged attack speeds for wind serpents is 2.0.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:42 PM, Morathe said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jVCHM58zbs pet leveling I used back when lupos was remotely useful on anathema

Ayy lmao, I used that for my Deathmaw. I had a prot pally friend tag along and she murdered all the skeletons very quickly.

It's very effective. Highly recommended - once your pet is at a good level, of course, so it doesn't pull the respawning elite troll trash. Low 50s should be okay if it's tucked in the corner in that video. Also recommended to bring a friend! Those skeletons are somewhat annoying to kill on a hunter :(

On video its level 48 but I think I started even lower... number 42 rings a bell but I honestly don't remember.