waterdrinker

feral dps trinket dilemma

42 posts in this topic

I assume all of u are ally ferals?

Windfury totem works for horde ferals?

And is feral better on horde or ally?xD

I am a horde feral and i raid as feral in a decent guild. 

Windfury does not seem to work in cat even though i swear i saw it sometimes so i dont know what to believe anymore.. however if your time your rotation properly and if there's no lag( i'm taking this chance to complain about it again) you get one melee swing for every powershift and if that gets windfury u get a decent 1.5k-3k white damage which si lovely.

Even though i never played it i think ally feral is better for dps in raids because they have the means to keep your maana up more and give you beter stats (Bow, BoK) and thats super important to your dps

Just bare in mind for both that it will be very difficult to find a guild that's both decent and will accept you as feral, I got lucky tbh. As an alternative feral is super fucking strong in pvp in a variety of ways. ( look up stormling and finaru furashu's vids on youtube)

@Roxanne Flowers it's not. A bunch of people have complained about the proc rate being almost non existant and I tried it too.

20 hours ago, levran said:

ROFL Warriors and rogues with GM weapons vs druids which got Mark of Tyranny instead of BB

If you look at Anathema which has AQ unlocked then the disparity between top druids and top...well, anyone else (barring people who play retadins) increases at a greater rate.

19 hours ago, flowqz said:

they bring innervate (if they dont use it on themselves for dps) and a battlerez. they also are okayish offtanks, so the 1k dps offwarrior doesnt have to do it.

id say it doesnt hurt to have 1 feral in the raid cause of the utility. that beeing said i primarily see them as offtanks, and they shouldnt be first in line to get dps items.

Sure. But a restodruid would be capable of that and be doing a decent job at raid healing instead of a subpar dps.

18 hours ago, Ram said:

You are comparing super hardcore speed kill dps with ferals in average guilds who have much slower kill times. It only takes very little intellectual capacities to not compare those, because the resulting differences in dps depend mostly on kill speed, but you seem to lack those capacities. Put that feral in the same raiding environment in which those uber speed kill guys are and he will do acceptable dps.

P.S. this comes from somebody who does not play here, never played a feral druid and is just sick of stupid people like you.

Actually I'm glad you brought up the kill times because it really cracks open the mystery of how so many druids say they're "in the top dps for their guild".

To kill a boss fast everyone must do high dps.

To do high DPS, you must have proper consumes, gear, and ability (LMAO SKILL IN VANILLA WOW? I don't know what it is but it exists. I've even seen huge consistent discrepancies among arcfrost mages in the same gearsets).

If you are not doing high dps, you lack 1+ of the three above. Most likely you lack the ability because it is the only intangible one.

Now for a feral druid to be topping or even breaking top 10 on meters he must be in a guild with dps that is missing 1, 2, or even all 3 elements of what's required to do good dps.

Naturally these guilds won't have good kill times. You're asking me to find a guild with dps that satisfies all 3 requirements that also deigns to weigh itself down with a feral druid so you can compare kill times. This guild does not exist, because guilds that allow snowflake builds like retadins,oomkins,and ferals don't care about getting preraid BiS, using consumes, getting dragonslayer/DM buffs, or even learning proper dps rotations/tricks (ask any rogue in your guild that you're beating on dps what energy pooling is).

You're also asking me to put in a feral druid in a raid with players that satisfy the requirements to be good dps which is just laughable. Of course if the boss dies quick everyone's dps will be higher. If the only way druids do acceptable (your word) dps is by riding the coattails of people who picked the right class then I just have to laugh at the irony of a thread dedicated to minmaxing a trinket slot.

3 hours ago, Ironsides said:

Sure. But a restodruid would be capable of that and be doing a decent job at raid healing instead of a subpar dps.

if a restodruid does a "decent job at raidhealing" a feraldruid does a decent job at dealing dmg.

some guilds have ferals. on elysium sanctum has one if i remember correctly.

21 hours ago, Ram said:

Put that feral in the same raiding environment in which those uber speed kill guys are and he will do acceptable dps.

i actually doubt this. ferals have no big cds (only the gnomeregan mace), so the perfect fight duration, to look good compared to the rest of the grp, is till their mana runs out.

so.... about the trinkets... anyone else have any experience with DMC: Maelstrom? 

@Razorwynd what did u hit to get your 1700 swings? 

I was super busy yesterday and did not get a chance to practice much but on my way to picking up the DMF buff for today i stopped for about 20 mins and autoattacked mobs in darkshire, i only saw the proc once. I do not have an addon that might record percentages.. Which one do you use?

Dps mate. I was hitting lvl 50ish ogres in the caves of the burning steepes 

It's pretty obvious it's abnormal behaviour.. should proc more than that or not at all.. question is now will they bother to fix it for the 5 guys who actually need it

I'm playing as feral in our guild on Elysium. And mainly dps, boosting our top melee dps group. It's clear I can't compete with our warrs and most of our rogues, who use all consumables and world buffs (songflower, DM buffs, ony head) just like me. But I am definitely able to beat mages, warlocks and hunters on many occasions. Fights are pretty short so it's alot of rng. If u happen to crit alot and dont miss, u deal pretty good dmg. The main problem for ferals is that even a slight lag destroys the dps completely, and of course the fact that u use natural weapons and not weapons itself. About trinkets, u cannot just count how much dps one class deals compared to other when thinking about raid dps upgrades, but u should actually count how much of a dps upgrade one item is for some individual compared to others. For example, since warrs are top dps, does it automatically mean that DFT boosts their dmg the most, compared to others? Not necessarily. Classes scale differently from different items and stats, and that's something that should be taken into account when looking at items and  to whom you give them.

I think I might do some testing on DMC as well now that i got it. Yesterday on Onyxia it procced 6 times in total which is pretty much (?). Only did ~2% of my dps tho. But that's just one fight and probably good luck, so have to test it more.

On 8.8.2017 at 11:16 PM, suhail1200 said:

I assume all of u are ally ferals?

Windfury totem works for horde ferals?

And is feral better on horde or ally?xD

Feral is definitely better as ally due to feral's really good stat scaling. Blessing of Kings is just overpowered compared to what shaman can provide for a feral

If we want any chance of getting this fixed people are going to have to be scientific... "a lot" and "a little" don't mean anything... neither does "6 procs on onyxia." How many times did you auto attack how many times did you use shred?  These are all things that DPSmate (and I am sure other addons) can easily track.  

yeah, i'll try to look at and write down some numbers from dpsmate next time. i usually keep clearing it too often, and cant track any of those things in realmplayer raidstats sadly

18 hours ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

So ... ~1.5% proc rate, which I believe is similar to a Crusader enchant (roughly speaking)?

Except it procs sometimes 10% with melee swings from draconic maul. It either has smth to do with attack speed or ita bugged. But given that people like @Wortgewandt were using it on anathema while pulling 0.9k dps makes me think that he wouldnt have used it if it was such a bad proc chance. Maybe i am wrong