waterdrinker

feral dps trinket dilemma

42 posts in this topic

I currently have 7% hit from gear running rune of the guard captain +blackhand's Breadth and I was wondering if or when is HoJ + Maelstorm trinket combo better? Is it all the time? Is it none of the times? Is it when i get more % hit? 

There's very few people experienced in  raiding as feral dps so it's tough to find people who might know

thanks !

i am wondering the same thing... at some point something will be better than maelstrom because it is just a static dps increase and the other are % dps increase

Hand of justice is useless for ferals as any "% chance of an extra attack" price don't work while shifted.

For cats, Blackhand's Breadth and DFT are BiS.

Hand of Justice works for feral. It usually does about 1.5-2% of my total dps in boss fights when looking at Dpsmate addon.

3 hours ago, Shedo said:

Hand of Justice works for feral. It usually does about 1.5-2% of my total dps in boss fights when looking at Dpsmate addon.

thought hoj in catform was fixed already.

why would it be "fixed"? It's not a weapon so it is meant to proc on kitty paws, same as dmc:m

It really does!

next Monday I will have DMC so then I can test all four. I'll let you know what the best combination is. 

I tested DMC: maelstrom briefly last night right after the DMF came to Stormwind.  Sadly, I only saw 8 procs in 712 auto attacks. I will test more tonight after work. But I definitely regret getting this trinket! HOJ is probably better once your white attacks start doing more than 125.

Cats dont need hit as other melee, most part of cat damage - shred does not eat full energy when missed. Crit also easy gained by cat up to 40+%, so better stats its strength and AP. DFT better than BB when you didnt get hit cap and maybe after, depends how many crit you already have. 2% crit better than 2% hit or extras from HoJ or 1% hit+20ap anyway.

And armor penetration - best cat stat ever, best trinket  in vanilla - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=21670.

Im interesting about http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19949 it must be 560ap to your ravage and good burst anyway if stack with other mechanics like TF.

About four trinkets that asked - first BB ofc, Hoj, guard or Mael there no matter. Hoj and Mael easy better if you got 6% hit already. I hope your hit not from Truestrike, its sucks for cat -)

don't worry about it. no trinkets improve your leader of the pack buff, which is the only reason to bring you in the first place. all "bis" trinkets should go to classes like warriors, rogues, and even hunters before they go to you.

@Razorwynd thank you for your research and looking forward to the results of your next test!

@ievran thank you for your input, all though i am still a bit confused regarding the last paragraph.. Ye my hit comes from truestrike, accuria, devilsaur set and rune of the guard captain. Edit: i forgot about the AV ring too

@Ironsides when theres no lag, which has not been the case in the past month on elysium pvp, i do very good dps, in the top part  of the dps meters all around and even better in boss fights. I get outdpsed only by very gearedr rogues and warriors just like every other class basically so I am definitely pulling my own weight. But i dont expect someone who intrerupts a constructive discussion with dismissive comments such as yours to get any of this

3 hours ago, Ironsides said:

don't worry about it. no trinkets improve your leader of the pack buff, which is the only reason to bring you in the first place. all "bis" trinkets should go to classes like warriors, rogues, and even hunters before they go to you.

For horde side its true maybe, but ally side dont have that difference created by WF totem.

Don't humor the guy.. He just wanted to hate on druids.. The discussion was about 4 trinkets easily obtainable trhu 5 mans and he went on a tangent about bis dps tinkets on druids..

13 hours ago, waterdrinker said:

Don't humor the guy.. He just wanted to hate on druids.. The discussion was about 4 trinkets easily obtainable trhu 5 mans and he went on a tangent about bis dps tinkets on druids..

My point was that any difference you notice will be minimal because your dps is negligible in any case.

15 hours ago, levran said:

For horde side its true maybe, but ally side dont have that difference created by WF totem.

windfury doesn't make them do good dps.

18 hours ago, waterdrinker said:

@Razorwynd thank you for your research and looking forward to the results of your next test!

@ievran thank you for your input, all though i am still a bit confused regarding the last paragraph.. Ye my hit comes from truestrike, accuria, devilsaur set and rune of the guard captain. Edit: i forgot about the AV ring too

@Ironsides when theres no lag, which has not been the case in the past month on elysium pvp, i do very good dps, in the top part  of the dps meters all around and even better in boss fights. I get outdpsed only by very gearedr rogues and warriors just like every other class basically so I am definitely pulling my own weight. But i dont expect someone who intrerupts a constructive discussion with dismissive comments such as yours to get any of this

I'm sorry that your guild recruits such terrible players that druids are even in your top 20. not only are druids at a much lower dps floor than other classes, their ceiling is much lower as well.

Qd2yueu.jpg

3 hours ago, Ironsides said:

ROFL Warriors and rogues with GM weapons vs druids which got Mark of Tyranny instead of BB

Just a quick update on my commute to work. 

Cat 1.04% proc  ~1700 white hits

Bear 3.43% proc ~ 500 white hits

the unstoppable force ~8.5% proc ~150 white hits

it procs so often with TUF and so rarely with cat that I wanna cry. I think something might be bugged. It it were a PPM effect you would only expect the proc rate to be 3.8 times lower not 8.5! And it is clearly not a flat percentage like HoJ 

4 hours ago, Ironsides said:

My point was that any difference you notice will be minimal because your dps is negligible in any case.

they bring innervate (if they dont use it on themselves for dps) and a battlerez. they also are okayish offtanks, so the 1k dps offwarrior doesnt have to do it.

id say it doesnt hurt to have 1 feral in the raid cause of the utility. that beeing said i primarily see them as offtanks, and they shouldnt be first in line to get dps items.

1 hour ago, Razorwynd said:

it procs so often with TUF and so rarely with cat that I wanna cry. I think something might be bugged. It it were a PPM effect you would only expect the proc rate to be 3.8 times lower not 8.5! And it is clearly not a flat percentage like HoJ 

Bear and TUF have right PPM. I think there one reason for bad proc in cat and easy bad in bear - its broken hidden cooldawn. Like WF where i never seen 2 WF procs in 1 second. Hidden cd on WF was in BC, i can noticed it, but idk about classic and ofc that cd should not affect proc chance totally.

5 hours ago, Ironsides said:

windfury doesn't make them do good dps.

I'm sorry that your guild recruits such terrible players that druids are even in your top 20. not only are druids at a much lower dps floor than other classes, their ceiling is much lower as well.

Qd2yueu.jpg

You are comparing super hardcore speed kill dps with ferals in average guilds who have much slower kill times. It only takes very little intellectual capacities to not compare those, because the resulting differences in dps depend mostly on kill speed, but you seem to lack those capacities. Put that feral in the same raiding environment in which those uber speed kill guys are and he will do acceptable dps.

P.S. this comes from somebody who does not play here, never played a feral druid and is just sick of stupid people like you.

5 hours ago, Razorwynd said:

That's looking a lot like a misplaced decimal point, where you're getting into the range of a 10:1 differential in performance.