Sign in to follow this  
Ultimatebigz

Is there anything Elysium can do?

I definitely think the fresh realms were needed however they could have put them on the same patch as Anathema.  This is all in hindsight though.  It originally looked like Elysium would be able to support 4 5k+ pop realms.  I guess lessons learned for future realms.

As for the topic of what can they do to help.  This has been debated for so long I think enough people have posted possible solutions and the Elysium team has basically rejected those solutions so I think it’s time for people to move on.  Elysium isn’t going to do anything they’ve basically stated that.  It seems like the main solution if you are unhappy with the Anathema situation is to reroll Elysium or quit the project.

Well they have a chance to save anathema by allowing it to continue into tbc... something tells me this dev team will do something incredibly stupid to kill their current servers tho... hopefully I'm wrong.

People are very quick to bash the Elysium Project for mistakes made in the past, but in truth hindsight is 20/20.  The decisions in the early days are not the cause of our current woes, but do prevent us from taking curative action, such as a merger into Elysium.  Hindsight shows us that everyone would be better off if Elysium started on the same patch cycle as Anathema, but we can't change the past and we can't force Elysium players to cater to our needs.  The people running Elysium are hobbyists, not professionals.  Some lessons have to be learned the hard way.  Unfortunately, this includes the debacle that was the War Effort (which is where I place the blame for current issues).  It all arises from volunteers/hobbyists that are doing their best for the Project, but have lacked experience and have made mistakes.  With luck, future endeavors of this Project will be managed more carefully due to this new-found experience.

There is no saving Anathema, but it doesn't need to die, either.  TBC is not a reasonable solution.  The best players on Anathema can hope for right now is to just keep on trucking with the content that's prepared for us until either the server is no longer funded or until Elysium finally catches up and we can properly merge.  If you want the server to recover, then encourage people to roll new characters on Anathema instead of scaring them away.  Then help these new players level up and do the low-to-mid level dungeons they can't find groups for.  It's the only reasonable way to add fresh blood to this aging (not dying) server.  We can rebuild Anathema one person at a time if we work together as a collective.

34 minutes ago, Drakbak said:

There is no saving Anathema, but it doesn't need to die, either.  TBC is not a reasonable solution.  The best players on Anathema can hope for right now is to just keep on trucking with the content that's prepared for us until either the server is no longer funded or until Elysium finally catches up and we can properly merge. 

Why would I do that when Naxxramas is at our doors and that's the end of Vanilla? Why would I keep on playing when there is nothing beyond that? Upgrading Anathema to TBC is, at this point, the only way to save Anathema.

As soon as Naxxramas is released, and most of the guilds clear it, everyone that cleared it will stop playing exactly because there is no TBC after that. Everyone knows that the majority of players left on Anathema are just raidloggers who only raid. This server won't reach 100 players at peak times when that happens.

EDIT - Encouraging players to roll on Anathema NOW would be spitting in their faces out of disrespect. Let them go to Elysium and actually enjoy the game.

@Ickus How so?  If Elsyium were to open a TBC realm, what is more likely?  Roll Anathema forward or open a fresh realm where everyone has to start over?  Rolling Anathema forward won't sustain any kind of reasonable population long-term, even if people "came back" (they already left once, they'll leave again as soon as something shinier comes out), and new players would be deterred because they're "behind" those of us that will have raid gear (imagine the ganking in starting zones).  Again, with these players, once a viable alternative opens, they'll mostly leave.

There's 2 ways TBC will be viable:  open a fresh realm, or roll Elysium forward to TBC due to it's large population.  Rolling Anathema forward makes zero sense unless you want to just continue being the beta testers for the Elysium server.  That isn't to say if Anathema were rolled forward, I wouldn't keep playing, but I'm sure my view on a reasonable time frame disagrees with your own, which poses it's own issue with rolling a server forward....players will be split on whether or not they're "ready", with the hardcore guilds clamoring for TBC after clearing KT in the first week of release, while us more casual guilds plod along at our own pace.

@Keala You don't have to con them into joining.....be straightforward about the server.  If you want to skip MC/BWL progression and raid AQ/Naxx, Anathema is the place to be.  I constantly see people who want to play on a lower-pop server getting turned away immediately because "Server is dying, roll Elysium".  Maybe people from the Elysium realm would like to reroll here because they're sick of MC/BWl and don't want to wait literally months for more content to be released?  Don't outright decry a suggestion because it disagrees with your own views.

I suppose it depends on the goals each individual has. If the goal is simply to see AQ and Naxxramas in its """original""" state, then I suppose Anathema is the correct place to go. It's pretty damn obvious that it will actually die in a matter of weeks from now on though, no one can't deny that. Some guilds will clear Naxxramas quicker, some will need some more attempts: the outcome won't change. Do you really think we should be directing people on a server that will last for 2 more months only? I wouldn't do it to be honest.

But hey, if the player is aware of this and still wants to join Anathema... it's his decision, we told him what's to come.

Keala you keep talking like the only people who play legacy servers are hardcore raiders that clear content and then leave. Many of us play because we enjoy the world, lore, smaller group content or PVP. I highly doubt the server will be dead weeks after Naxx is released. Elysium is just way too crowded for me, I can't stand playing on a server with 6k+ people online, it's crazy.

I would love to see Anathema roll forward into TBC sometime in the future though.

7 hours ago, SuperDarly said:

Keala you keep talking like the only people who play legacy servers are hardcore raiders that clear content and then leave.

Because at this point Anathema is made of 90% or even more by players like that.

18 hours ago, Keala said:

I suppose it depends on the goals each individual has. If the goal is simply to see AQ and Naxxramas in its """original""" state, then I suppose Anathema is the correct place to go.

I wouldn't say Anathema is the correct or only option. Elysium will get the more polished """original""" versions of AQ and Naxx at release.

Anathema is the correct server for impatient players.

Making Anathema progressive might be good.  Maybe letting it stop at 2.4.3 like Elysium PVP is gonna be stopping at 1.12.1.  It looks like Benediction is gonna stop at 3.3.5.  

I wouldn't even mind being the Naxx test realm like we where the AQ 40/20 test realm if that was the case.  Having a good BC server is better than anything.  BC was the most balanced in terms of PVP and had the best raids for PVE.  Almost all of the specs where functional and the raid comp setup was good.  Arena had many usable comps and most healers worked well.  Outlands was made with world PVP in mind unlike Vanilla or Wotlk.  

If they made it where there would be a tbc server but the only way into that tbc server would be after a certain time of naxx content being released it would probably be a good boost to anathema. The way it would work is that servers that are vanilla would stay vanilla. Say a few months after naxx release a one time copy of all characters would be made and ported to the new tbc server. Elysium not being of the naxx level would be unable to have characters ported. It still might have a problem where people who want to roll fresh on tbc would simply just join that and anathema pop could be monitored to see how it works. Other things that could be done is that only certain level characters could be ported to tbc in a one time thing so in general anathema could be the "leveling" type server while naxx is still out so people who want to do some vanilla raids could and after a point get their one time transfer to tbc when done. This way the vanilla servers wouldn't turn into permanent ghost towns once tbc has been released.

First of all:

I am a bit confused.

I wanted to make a toon on Anathema for fun but when I read all the stuff I ask myself: Is something wrong or different with Anathema itself to Elysium?

I mean beside the low population, does it got a different core or something(more bugs and stuff)?

For me it is most likely that Anathema will become a TBC Server and get free transfers for the current pop (for the people that dont want to play TBC).

Btw 1,5k population is really blizzlike :D But it is not that bad- U always have to consider that the people playing here are way different than the people that play on retail and als of them that played back in the days.

I think a healthy and ideal Server should have 2,5-3k population.

P.S.: I just whish some people could be a little bit more sensitive towards the VOLUNTEER Elysium Staff.

If I would do such a time intense Job, without a sallery and have to read some comments here, I would quit instantly (maybe with an enrange post) :D

Just keep in mind: This is not a million dollar Company Staff u r talking to here.