Sign in to follow this  
Morest

Ret in dungeons

I play ret pally and before I make assumptions u want to know, will people skip me and wait the extra time to find another dps or will they generally accept me in their group? I love ret pally but if I can't do dungeons then I'll have to drop it

3 hours ago, Morest said:

I play ret pally and before I make assumptions u want to know, will people skip me and wait the extra time to find another dps or will they generally accept me in their group? I love ret pally but if I can't do dungeons then I'll have to drop it

The short answer: yes

The long answer: it depends on the player leading the party. Ret Paladins before 40 is extremely good DPS. It starts to even out and not really get much better after 40, but keep in mind your a support class.

while you beat on mobs you can cleanse, spot heal, and take over if the healer drops, which makes you more viable then most may overlook. Sometimes when I was Ret, I got invited just because I could res, and the druid was the healer.

Thank you I'm encouraged to keep playing my ret :) I agree 100%, they shouldn't do the most damage because they can do so much stuff that warriors and Rouges can't. If only everyone could see that we wouldn't be pushed aside as much

5 mans shouldnt be a problem, unless you trying to join a preBiS farm group, where all warriors/rogues wont let any competition over HoJ and stuff like that.

Raiding is where your hopes meet the end

4 hours ago, Tronco said:

5 mans shouldnt be a problem, unless you trying to join a preBiS farm group, where all warriors/rogues wont let any competition over HoJ and stuff like that.

Raiding is where your hopes meet the end

Not necessarily. As long as the ret shows up and does their multi-role job they can be valuable to the group. Especially if your raid group is low on holy paladins but high in other healers = more valuable buffs.

34 minutes ago, Whitewolf said:

Not necessarily. As long as the ret shows up and does their multi-role job they can be valuable to the group. Especially if your raid group is low on holy paladins but high in other healers = more valuable buffs.

That´s up to the raid leaders, but tends to result in all pallies being holy

We got 1 ret with Nightfall and 1 prot holy for offtank and offheal in our raids. Ret can be usefull but you need r8 gear, r8 skill and r8 Class (Raid) leader first. As for 5ppl is concern - its not a problem find the group for it.  

17 hours ago, Fardragon said:

We got 1 ret with Nightfall

Thats quite a waste. Hunter or Warrior have 100% uptime, while a ret can just autoattack and judgement and wait for the proc

On 8/10/2017 at 7:50 PM, Rafale said:

In strat ud or scholomance,your abilities against ud are appreciated...

As @JCarrill0 said, with a resto druid healer,group need a ret or SP.

Only if you expect people to die (that really says something about your group btw)

20 минут назад, Rafale сказал:

What is their dps while they get 100% uptime?

u can read about nightfall melee hunter here on forum.

1 hour ago, Tronco said:

Thats quite a waste. Hunter or Warrior have 100% uptime, while a ret can just autoattack and judgement and wait for the proc

SoR can proc it aswell so atleast it's not as bad as a shaman.

2 часа назад, Tronco сказал:

Maybe or maybe not) We got quite high uptime of this. I think 75-80%. For RL this stats is OK. 

32 minutes ago, lorthiras said:

u can read about nightfall melee hunter here on forum.

We need stats. We don't need a "I think something will be good" guide.

7 hours ago, Tronco said:

a prot war is rage starved when not tanking and swinging a 3.5 second 2hander

a Paladin using SoR/JoR has much more uptime on the Nightfall debuff than any Prot War since both trigger procs

23 hours ago, Rafale said:

What is their dps while they get 100% uptime?

Still better than a Ret, while keeping the same utility any hunter can bring (stings, trueshot aura, tranq shot). A Naxx geared hunter has melee stats a pally can only dream for.

Lots of debate on this thread. I don't see how a wing clip hunter can out dps a ret. 

We need more logs/videos of melee hunters,and then we will speak about that. 

For now, they re like shamtanks.

18 минут назад, Rafale сказал:

Lots of debate on this thread. I don't see how a wing clip hunter can out dps a ret. 

We need more logs/videos of melee hunters,and then we will speak about that. 

For now, they re like shamtanks.

did you see screenshots with almost 1k dps as hunter?

5 hours ago, Rafale said:

I don't see how a wing clip hunter can out dps a ret.

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If your goal is maximum (personal) DPS then spamming Wing Clip Rank 1 is never going to get you there.  All you're going to get out of spamming Wing Clip Rank 1 is maximum chance on hit procs going off, which I believe is the point when used with the Nightfall axe so as to achieve maximum uptime of the debuff proc from the weapon.  This turns your Hunter into a "Night-Bot" to make every other caster in the raid happy, rather than being something that will make your Hunter look incredible on the DPS meters.

As for what a Ret Paladin can do as far as DPS goes ... I refer you to Esfand.