Sign in to follow this  
trapxhound

Vanilla vs. TBC vs. WotLK : Which expansion do you think had the best class balance for PvP?

We all know Vanilla class balancing is kind of weak. Theres just certain classes that will shit on other classes unless the player goes into full retard mode. In your opinion which expansion do you think had the best PvP class balancing out of the three?

TBC had the best class balance, but WotLK had better a better version of Resilience.

TBC Resilience -- while not awful for a first attempt -- was poorly executed. WotLK greatly improved Resilience by changing it from reduced chance to suffer a critical strike to reduced damage taken from other players and from critical strike bonus damage.

i think wtlk had the best class balance with exception of dks

but also wtlk classes were the most fun to play ,with memorable abilities for each spec , plenty of skills , and strong chance that the skill and knowledge of the other class would win(with exception of dks lol where runetap+unholy was just a broken spec for solo pvp)

Level 59 TBC

It was the best because it had all the benefits, fixes, and bottom tier talents of level 70 without the crappy resilience. You didn't have the crappy ability unbalancing the new abilities provided. Mass dispel anyone? The 70 pvp was great for arena play (being the cc target for 5v5 sucked), but it sucked everywhere else.

10 hours ago, szuszak said:

i think wtlk had the best class balance with exception of dks

but also wtlk classes were the most fun to play ,with memorable abilities for each spec , plenty of skills , and strong chance that the skill and knowledge of the other class would win(with exception of dks lol where runetap+unholy was just a broken spec for solo pvp)

WotLK had the best twinking pvp for sure. Practically didn't do anything else until they added the damnable direct xp gain from it halfway through.

I think all except TBC and Wrath were pretty good up to and including the first tier of gear. After that power started to go through the roof and inherent balance of spells and classes started becoming an issue. TBC there wasn't enough power and everything ended up as attritional drain games. Wrath was powerful from the start and it just got more crazy as time went on. I suppose cata was the most balanced to me, but it still became daft towards the end.   

There is a lot of issues with Mechanics in Vanilla.  Sap, Fear, Sheep.  There isn't much counters to mages in vanilla and warriors can just hit reck and melt anything in a small window.  Wotlk had a issue with burst but was better PVP for higher rating and high skill caps.  TBC was well rounded, reasonably balanced, and had a lot of options.  You could play hybrids or hard specs.  You had more options.  Things like Death Grip and Endless dps mana pools where a issue in wotlk.  

TBC was the best for selected few specs that formed limited amount of combos. Most hybrid classes were kinda terrible: feral druids, ench shammies, retri still were gimped. WotLK has removed or made negligible the "hybrid tax" and made most specs more or less viable, but didn't homogenize too much.