thepparker

Development Update 08.09.2017

89 posts in this topic

Honestly the only way someone can support this is if they have no friends to play with. Then i can understand it. But for MOST of us we actually have friends, and we'd like to continue playing with them

10 minutes ago, Magnusyo said:

Honestly the only way someone can support this is if they have no friends to play with. Then i can understand it. But for MOST of us we actually have friends, and we'd like to continue playing with them

Wait, you can still play with your friends. Where is this coming from? This change was meant to remove an extremity, pick your 2 favorite friends to play with and just roll with them. You can still fuck shit up with three, but stomping repeatedly with 10 is just too much. If you truly surround yourself with your friends and have 9 others to play with, which I doubt, i'm sure you can use your brain well enough to find a compromise.

Just now, riplip said:

Wait, you can still play with your friends. Where is this coming from? This change was meant to remove an extremity, pick your 2 favorite friends to play with and just roll with them. You can still fuck shit up with three, but stomping repeatedly with 10 is just too much.

The cap is 2 players. Seeing as you didnt know this it only shows that you have no clue what you are talking about, most likely because you have no friends to pvp with or because your a pve cuck

1 hour ago, Magnusyo said:

The cap is 2 players. Seeing as you didnt know this it only shows that you have no clue what you are talking about, most likely because you have no friends to pvp with or because your a pve cuck

This whole reply is full of ignorancy and irony. You can group with two other friends for a total of three, just like I said. Do you even know how to perform addition? 1+2=3, man. 

I PvP all the time, any gear I get is either for going into PvP or gearing for a raid so I can get PvP gear. 

And just as I said earlier, your arguments are just going to get more regressed and idiotic, and they have. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

13 minutes ago, riplip said:

^ so because it was scripted wrong means it's alright to abuse it?

Anyways, back on topic

This whole reply is full of ignorancy and irony. You can group with two other friends, for a total of three, just like I said. Do you even know how to perform addition?

The cap is 2 players, including yourself. not 3

1 minute ago, Magnusyo said:

The cap is 2 players, including yourself. not 3

ffs.

"Players will now only be able to queue for Battlegrounds in smaller groups of 3,"

if you're talking to your friends like this, you won't have them for long. i hope you take that advice.

I haven't tried premading since I just read the patch notes a couple hours ago as I logged on. But if that's true, they made a mistake, and shit happens.

I'm sure an explanation for it will be released later, so we're all sitting tight. I personally think it's better to premade in small groups so you still have a challenge ahead of you, not just 100% stomping pugs to the point of where they give up as soon as they see your premade.

27 minutes ago, Magnusyo said:

you missed the point of premade vs premade? have you even pvped in vanilla before?

I get that, but the thing is, most of the time it is premade vs pug. In AV I get premade v premade like one in every three games (as alliance) and in AB one every two, and WSG about one every four. Those are rough odds, and lead to you stomping a pug MOST of the time, and in my opinion it's unfair. That's my view on it. Like I said earlier, the current solution is fine by me, but they may appeal more by having premades only face other premades.

The only people left out in the ladder solution are the rankers who see every player as another npc to get an HK off of, and spend their life playing the game because they don't have anything else to do.

47 minutes ago, riplip said:

if you're talking to your friends like this, you won't have them for long. i hope you take that advice.

Idk about u magnus, but I take quality advice from dis guy boiiis! 

Anyway, I enjoyed a lot of these fixes, which for some of them goes way back! Indirectly I expect Ironfoe (and other proccalicious items) to become even more OP for warrs, get rekt Sebbiboi! 

Sad to see such harsh alteration of pvp-ranking being made without seemingly little-to-none interactions with  the pvp-ranking community. Whilst the rankers might feel betrayed atm, I think devs will admit that these changes will kill an already heavily challanged pvp community, and revert the que limits sooner rather than later. Then again, devs don't seem to like my proposals, so maybe I just jinxed it.

this is a ridiculous change, it benefits no one other than chinese account sellers that play 24/7 who are attempting to rank to 14 as they will be able to piggyback off of more premade games they happen to slip into

casual players will see no benefit; they will be in the same standing groups as they will all receive more honor by being able to piggyback off premades

premaders will just count down queue en masse now just like they do in AV, their honor and standings will not be affected

I think you'll make a handful of rankers upset with the change, but I think for the overall health of the project, the endless premade vs pug smash/stomp thing needs some attention. The premade mentality is pretty terrible.  Curb stomp some random pug team not even close in skill/gear/comp, camp graveyard, /spit, talk shit in discord, rinse and repeat all day.  No other game out there these days lets you do this - why shouldn't the project evolve for the benefit of the many?

Have 10+ buddies online?  Shit there is a thing call world PVP where numbers are capped at like 10k and teamwork is encouraged.  Also you can just back to back que with friends like in AV.  If this cuts down on the number of 10 man premades, than I see it as a victory.  Premade vs PUG is not competitive, people are half afk because there is no point in trying in some match ups, people will play and try more now with the player cap, maybe this will benefit the project as a whole (I think it will)

Thanks Devs for trying this

33 minutes ago, Jeddite said:

Huh ... that's unquestionably more "NON-BLIZZLIKE" than an /xpoff command, but we can't have that because twink guilds keeping low-level PVP (and PVE, for that matter) going strong is just a bit too "MUH BLIZZLIKE"

fucking clownshow lololololol

Why don't you quit?

FINALLY ELYSIUM. THANK YOU. Now it will be possible to que bgs for fun as well, so annoying to have to premade all the time to enjoy some pvp...and anyway premades are only fun when u actually fight other premades...farming pugs is boring as hell. Please dont let ppl stop you from going on with this change. Bring it to elysium pvp as well.

Another step in the right direction for a more enjoyable pvp.

4 часа назад, lucyfer сказал:

FINALLY ELYSIUM. THANK YOU. Now it will be possible to que bgs for fun as well, so annoying to have to premade all the time to enjoy some pvp...and anyway premades are only fun when u actually fight other premades...farming pugs is boring as hell. Please dont let ppl stop you from going on with this change. Bring it to elysium pvp as well.

THIS

6 hours ago, lucyfer said:

Another step in the right direction for a more enjoyable pvp.

Go play a custom server for custom changes. Just like retail this caters to people that don't want to put in the work of forming a group and moves us one step closer to the lobby game wow has become.

Been pvping on anathema all day today for WSG week. Have to say this change ti great. Some with a friend and some solo que. No more is it just premades crushing random people and long ques. Been winning about 505- ad the games have nice run times with lots going on. A few HUGE things that got better. Meeting new people and working together with them to win! I have not had a match where players hid on either team in AFK. played over 20 games not 1 person said anything negative about no premades (the people who actual like to pvp love this change). In each game there is a good shuffle of players at different ranks, and different nations. All in ALL great change!