thepparker

Development Update 08.09.2017

89 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Forest_ said:

There was no community input on this. Now if I want to queue up with my guild and have some fun I just can't?

This entire post is going to be overshadowed by the fact that you guys made a huge BG change without asking for community input first.

Create a poll on the forums and let people vote on it at least.

Backlash is coming on this, you'll need to revert soon.

I agree... Nostalrius tried this aswell, but it was reverted. Bad move and idea.

It's just not vanilla.

We had a long discussion on this forum about how PVP was broken months ago and this issue came up back then. Don't come back today and say there wasn't any community feedback, because that is a lie. Some people think everything is fine. Many others think PVP is broken. If everyone thought PVP was fine, we wouldn't be having these long threads on PVP brokenness. 

1 minute ago, fivealts said:

We had a long discussion on this forum about how PVP was broken months ago and this issue came up back then. Don't come back today and say there wasn't any community feedback, because that is a lie. Some people think everything is fine. Many others think PVP is broken. If everyone thought PVP was fine, we wouldn't be having these long threads on PVP brokenness. 

you do realize all pvp premades are broken crying threads had absolutely no steam? The pvp gear update threads made 10x more responses and propositions.

No steam? The powers that be just made a drastic change that you don't like. You could have participated in those threads and saved yourself from this with some other solution to the premade problem. Saying that premades aren't a problem just cost you big time.  gg... you just lost the premade battle.

8 minutes ago, fivealts said:

No steam? The powers that be just made a drastic change that you don't like. You could have participated in those threads and saved yourself from this with some other solution to the premade problem. Saying that premades aren't a problem just cost you big time.  gg... you just lost the premade battle.

Why don't you make your own group of people to play with?

I've found the ranker community the most frustrating part of vanilla in the private server era. It's not about pvp to many of them, it's about maximizing honor per hour. Maybe this will be a good change to that part of the pvp community.

That being said, this is a horrible change to the people that just want to play with a group of friends. While I personally don't participate in pvp due to my poor ping + being melee, I have many friends that enjoy getting together 1-2x a week to play some BGs together for fun. It's unfortunate that they are going to be punished in an attempt to regulate the rankers.

I do not appreciate that Anathema is yet again being made into the PTR. If you want to go with this, then you should have stuck to your guns and implemented this on all servers.

1 minute ago, prsina said:

Why don't you make your own group of people to play with?

LOL this argument always makes me laugh. Its a regressive argument, you can throw it out there and i can refute it and you will just throw out another pointless argument. Making the point that any player CAN create a premade does not negate the fact that the current premade behaviour is damaging the project as a whole and 99% of the population would be benefited by them changing.

Its kinda like me saying theres a hole in the boat, were sinking - i think we should plug it. You argue back by saying - look, you could just choose another boat. Your making an argument that you THINK defends premades but your missing the very crux of the issue, that the boat is sinking and we should do something to stop it. 

This update will force me to play with players doing nothing besides afking at the graveyard. Please tell me how this will make pvp more enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Please do not implement a player # cap for queing into bg's.

They allready did, you can no longer que with a team bigger than 2 players.

46 minutes ago, reagan said:

LOL this argument always makes me laugh. Its a regressive argument, you can throw it out there and i can refute it and you will just throw out another pointless argument. Making the point that any player CAN create a premade does not negate the fact that the current premade behaviour is damaging the project as a whole and 99% of the population would be benefited by them changing.

Its kinda like me saying theres a hole in the boat, were sinking - i think we should plug it. You argue back by saying - look, you could just choose another boat. Your making an argument that you THINK defends premades but your missing the very crux of the issue, that the boat is sinking and we should do something to stop it. 

There is no hole in the boat, you are supposed to be rewarded for tryharding and putting in effort. You hate premades? Make your own premade and stomp them. When a dominant premade stomps other premades they always disband or they que in smaller groups to dodge. Let's ban guild, I don't like Progress nerds clearing MC in 25 minutes while we need 6 hours. Make raids only 2 ppl from each guild and fill the rest with pugs.

The BG change is stupid beyond words, it is going to destroy the competitive nature of BG's, it is just going to make people synchronise queuing like they do for AV.

If people play in a premade the matchmaker should try to put you against a premade. It promotes competitive pvp which is a very good thing for pvp.

The game is a massive grind, and having a possible challenge makes things more fun.

I was doing WSG with my guild last night, hit a premade, they were up 2-0 and we reverse swept them. Most fun I have had in a long ass time.

Removing the group queue would kill people's drive to pvp by far.

Unfortunately I don't have time to PvP at all, but I don't see the reason of ruining the que in bigger groups. Everybody has the opportunity to play in premade.
It's like doing PvE with your guild. If you pug and wipefest.. you knew it can happen. 

Well organised guilds/groups deserve to gain more.

edit: After this I can imagine that people won't be allowed to do raids from the same guild because they clear the content too fast and it's too easy with a well organised group. ROFL

Fucking retardet changes to bgs better not make this to elysium fucking hell how retardet can people be

The Missing Diplomat quest chain has been reworked

I realized this quest chain doesn't give Stormwind Reputation (well, at least on the beginning). Did this rework include reputation gain?

You keep making absurd changes to the game and claim to be blizzlike, next time you will remove some mage abilities because they are too strong in PVP. Like Nano said, we're not here to play Elysium's version of vanilla, we're here for vanilla as it was back then. You keep pumping out these  unecceserry updates/gold nerfs and recieving backlash yet you do nothing about it, I don't like where this is going.

5 hours ago, reagan said:

Nice patch again! 

Heh - brave decision on premading, will be interesting to see if it brings players back to PvP. I know my friends and I all quit because we couldnt PvP, it was worthless to try. Expecting to see 20-30 people viciously attack the project over this change. Mind you, if you stop for a second it doesnt stop you from pvping, or from ranking it just makes it harder for you to game the system and honor farm empty BG's. 

You argue its not blizz like change, i argue the whole way the player base plays isnt bliz like. Speed running BWL (an instance that took 4-6 hours for guilds on retail) in 23 minutes isnt bliz like. Killing bosses in <30 seconds isnt bliz like. Farming 2-6 Million honor isnt bliz like. 

Nothing will ever be "Bliz like" because of the player knowledge of whats coming, and of how best to game the system. Enjoy the damn game and stop bitching at a group that does this for free. Want full R14 gear? compile your own server and give it to yourself. Want to play the game and actually PvP? then stop premading and have some fun for a change.

this needs to be edited into the OP tbh

2 hours ago, Mewmix said:

The BG change is stupid beyond words, it is going to destroy the competitive nature of BG's, it is just going to make people synchronise queuing like they do for AV.

Sorry, what "competitive nature" are you talking about? Pugs nowadays have half their team completely give up at the sight of a premade. What is competitive about that? And if your simple workaround is to sync queue, then have at it. Wow, jeesus, now since the change It's a little harder to queue as a 10man to completely stomp pugs "competitively", boo hoo. Your suggestion about premade v premade is a good idea though.

5 hours ago, reagan said:

Nothing will ever be "Bliz like" because of the player knowledge of whats coming, and of how best to game the system. Enjoy the damn game and stop bitching at a group that does this for free. Want full R14 gear? compile your own server and give it to yourself. Want to play the game and actually PvP? then stop premading and have some fun for a change.

I think playing with my friends is fun. I do NOT think that playing with a team where 5 people are afk is fun. Its a great update they made, but this 1 change is so negative that its impossible to overlook.

Seriously, anybody who says this change destroys the competitiveness is lying so they can keep getting free wins. Premade v Pugs aren't competitive at all, they are stomps, and half the pvp'ers want to PvP for fun and not in a group, so that won't change anytime soon. 

I'd say Ely picked the 2nd best solution. The best solution would be secluding premaders to only be able to vs other premades, but it's easy to see that if that happens, the free honor goes away and so the premades will just stop. 

6 minutes ago, riplip said:

Seriously, anybody who says this change destroys the competitiveness is lying so they can keep getting free wins. Premade v Pugs aren't competitive at all, they are stomps, and half the pvp'ers want to PvP for fun and not in a group, so that won't change anytime soon. 

I'd say Ely picked the 2nd best solution. The best solution would be secluding premaders to only be able to vs other premades, but it's easy to see that if that happens, the free honor goes away and so none of these tryharder farmers will premade. 

Did you ever think that premade vs premade is a thing? holy shit there is so many retarded arguments in this thread

8 minutes ago, Magnusyo said:

Did you ever think that premade vs premade is a thing? holy shit there is so many retarded arguments in this thread

I never thought it was a thing. I suggested it to possibly be a thing in the future. How idiotic are you to not even be able to understand that simple of a concept? My wording made it quite obvious.

Just now, riplip said:

I never thought it was a thing. I suggested it to possibly be a thing in the future. How idiotic are you to not even be able to understand that simple of a concept? My wording made it quite obvious.

It can never be a thing in the future with que cap of 2 players... use brain pls

You've got my words twisted around. I can't tell if you're trying to manipulate them, or simply very unobservant. 

Anyways, i'll hold your hand through this and break it down so that you can understand.

"I'd say Ely picked the 2nd best solution." implies that they picked one solution over other alternatives, not multiple. 

" The best solution would be secluding premaders to only be able to vs other premades" Again, how do you gather that I suggested multiple solutions be used concurrently? Are you just that stupid? Nothing in my comment suggested that at all.

Anyways, inc your next most regressed argument

Your custom changes are increasingly insane. You lost me at 25 gold respec cost already, but it's amusing to observe further development. What's the next step? What about a 20 minute time limit for WSG? ^^