Guardian452

POLL: Do you want a PvE TBC server?

Do you want a PvE TBC server?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a PvE TBC server? (please vote only if you actually play on Darrowshire)

Kind citizens of Darrowshire,

Please vote here and comment on the recent Q&A thread if you would like to have the choice to play TBC content on a PvE realm instead of having our beloved Darrowshire merged into one of the existing PvP realms.

It's my understanding that the rest of the Elysium community feels that Darrowshire is "dead" and that having a PvE TBC realm would just add another dead server.

Speak up and let your voices be heard.

Edit: Please only vote if you actually play on Darrowshire. There is no need to vote if you don't play there, since it wouldn't affect you anyways. If you vote NO, a follow-up comment as to WHY would be helpful.

too early to say to be honest. TBC won't be a thing for months, if not over a year. if darrowshire's population has reached critically low levels by the time TBC is on the horizon (under ~300 average), then i'd rather be absorbed into lively PvP servers than to remain a dead PvE server. if the population is still going strong by then, then i'd have no objection against a PvE TBC server. it all depends on how our population situation looks like when the time comes in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

Waste of your time.

Voicing your opinion for something you want is never a waste of time.

It's not like I'm demanding anything unreasonable, just looking for community feedback.

As said. Wasting your time.

If you would spend that time in actually reading the thread you would have seen that they will do a poll themself if they realize a "demand" for a PvE TBC server.
Which is not actually enough to give Darrowshire a PvE TBC server. It will split the community by half already due to players NOT wanting to play TBC, as well as wasting too much money that this project desperately needs.

1 minute ago, Nelythia said:

As said. Wasting your time.

If you would spend that time in actually reading the thread you would have seen that they will do a poll themself if they realize a "demand" for a PvE TBC server.
Which is not actually enough to give Darrowshire a PvE TBC server. It will split the community by half already due to players NOT wanting to play TBC, as well as wasting too much money that this project desperately needs.

I actually did read the whole Q&A thread, thanks.

I saw that they would do a poll... how are they suppose to know what the demand is tho if no one speaks up?

Because you can already see that there is no big demand for a PvE server for vanilla either.
Nostalrius was the first project to have a somewhat decent PvE server, and it still died out later on due to Elysium PvP launch.

Also, a lot of players actually did not join here due to "PvE" server tag, in fact they joined here to avoid ZG patch established Nostalrius PvP with 12.5k+ peaks, tremendous lag/spell delay and reduced view distance. A lot of players rerolled on Elysium to be finally on a PvP server, others quit the game altogether until a merge or transfer is offered.

Telling anyone to reroll on a PvP server that wants to be on one doesn't make sense, as you all complain about "not having time to deal with ganking", so why do you justify rerolling is a better use of the limited time of most players?
We are just as committed to main characters as you and the whole "I dont have time for ganking" argument is honestly fucking dumb.

Ganking doesn't exist in the way you think it does. I leveld an alt on Elysium while playing on Darrowshire at the same time and I only got ""ganked"" by a lvl 51 mage when I was questing in Un'goro. Other than that I never encountered ganking, corpse camping or unfair PVP.

Its like you assume you are that much of a special snowflake that as soon as you dismount 50 enemy faction players will jump out of bushes and trees to ambush you. Like... what?

3 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

Because you can already see that there is no big demand for a PvE server for vanilla either.
Nostalrius was the first project to have a somewhat decent PvE server, and it still died out later on due to Elysium PvP launch.

Also, a lot of players actually did not join here due to "PvE" server tag, in fact they joined here to avoid ZG patch established Nostalrius PvP with 12.5k+ peaks, tremendous lag/spell delay and reduced view distance. A lot of players rerolled on Elysium to be finally on a PvP server, others quit the game altogether until a merge or transfer is offered.

Telling anyone to reroll on a PvP server that wants to be on one doesn't make sense, as you all complain about "not having time to deal with ganking", so why do you justify rerolling is a better use of the limited time of most players?
We are just as committed to main characters as you and the whole "I dont have time for ganking" argument is honestly fucking dumb.

Ganking doesn't exist in the way you think it does. I leveld an alt on Elysium while playing on Darrowshire at the same time and I only got ""ganked"" by a lvl 51 mage when I was questing in Un'goro. Other than that I never encountered ganking, corpse camping or unfair PVP.

Its like you assume you are that much of a special snowflake that as soon as you dismount 50 enemy faction players will jump out of bushes and trees to ambush you. Like... what?

Honestly, I've never played PvP... because that's not my playing style... so therefore I never complained about ganking. 

Like I said in my Q&A reply that you probably just read and commented on... it's about choice. I don't think I'm any kind of special snowflake... I just don't want to have to deal with PvP... period.

Nelythia again on a rampage to make everyone else suffer because HE does not want to reroll his character, rather want everyone else quit the game so he can keep his precious welfare rank 14 title going into TBC

How do you know there is no demand for a PvE server?  You keep trying to shut down anyone voicing their opinion on keeping Darrowshire because of your biased reasons.

Altough i do agree that a poll is no good, because such a minority of the players actually use the forums, in addition to no restrictions on who can vote in the poll so we will never get a true vote in a poll like this.

32 minutes ago, Roxy said:

Altough i do agree that a poll is no good, because such a minority of the players actually use the forums, in addition to no restrictions on who can vote in the poll so we will never get a true vote in a poll like this.

That's probably true. But you don't know until you try.

Help out the cause, next time you're on Darrowshire, put the word out on the World chat. I plan on doing the same.

Also, I'm not on "the reddit", nor do I have any desire to start, so if someone could make a post about the poll there, that would be awesome. (or just make the same poll there, I don't care... does reddit even do polls?)

1 hour ago, Nelythia said:

Waste of your time.

Well, I just wasted my time reading another of your toxic and biased posts, at least.

So because I say that doing a poll is a waste of his time, because the staff already said they will do one themself and all other previous user polls were just ignored everytime, I am making a toxic post.

Good to know.

12 minutes ago, Raz87 said:

Well, I just wasted my time reading another of your toxic and biased posts, at least.

11 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

So because I say that doing a poll is a waste of his time, because the staff already said they will do one themself and all other previous user polls were just ignored everytime, I am making a toxic post.

Good to know.

Try to keep it clean guys... I'd prefer to NOT have a mod close the post so we can have a real discussion about it.

No, Nelythia. It's a waste of time because you have such a negative attitude, that no one is interested in. It's fine that you have an opinion and such, but you don't have to be a dick about it. What you are essentially doing, is the same as going to a youtube video, saying how much the video sucks. It's not constructive, it's just provocative, at best.

I do apologize, Guardian452. Didn't mean to cause trouble.

7 minutes ago, Raz87 said:

I do apologize, Guardian452. Didn't mean to cause trouble.

No worries, I've just seen how quickly a thread can degrade and get closed.

Divide the community logic is dumb. Forcing people to play pvp is just as likely to cause numbers to decrease. I know that I won't be playing on a pvp TBC server, because I have no interest. 

I think the presence of crestfalls PVE server will split up the already small population of players that prefer PVE.  Assuming crestfall will launch before TBC is ready, it's probably best just to have PVP TBC servers since I doubt we'd be able to fill up the TBC PVE with a workable population considering crestfalls superior core and eventual PTE into TBC anyway.

Edited by Scylla
typo

I don't think a PVE TBC is the answer. The devs need to fix the current situation on Darrowshire, otherwise they're going to lose another ~1500 players.

I'm taking a break from playing right now as we speak. I got ganked 2 times in Feralas by a lvl 60, so got tired of it and went to Searing Gorge. Then got ganked 2 more times by a group of lvl 50's (I'm lvl 48). Can't even hearth out because they're corpse camping me.

My play time is limited, I don't want to waste time walking back to my corpse after getting repeatedly ganked. I do have some characters on Darrowshire, but the lack of other players makes the server feel really dead, so I've been leveling up on Elysium much to the delight of the gankers. And tonight hasn't even been that bad. Doing quests on the weekend is such a chore in contested zones, not only do you have to compete with your own faction for resources due to the huge number of players, but you're going to get ganked every time you go out and quest, there's no way to avoid it.

Elysium needs a PVE server, it's not Blizzlike without one. When Darrowshire started there were ~4.5k players during peak times, it's proof that players want a PVE server. More options are always a good thing. Letting Darrowshire get absorbed into another PVP server means less people will want to play, it's that simple.

People quit playing on darrowshire because of ERMAHGERD FRESH SERVER meme, and then horde players quit because of some cancerous individuals *cough* Vicarious *cough* that's why darrowshire is like it is. New players don't roll here because they want a newer experience like elysium can offer being so far behind and horde don't roll here because they're afraid of the population which isn't really that bad, it's more than playable if you make friends. 

Whats the point of a pvp server in tbc anyway if pvp is disincentivized by instanced pvp, feels like you really need to get out of the way just to be an asshole

Voted for PVP - cuz, you now it is one of the aspects of this game, that is for what we love it - it's diversity.

Edited by Fyokla

New player here, and I rolled on Darrowshire because I have a limited time, crap ping because of being in Asia, and because I wanted to be able to mess around with Horde (never played on live beyond level 30). I would LOVE a TBC server that did a progression run from Vanilla to TBC, but not one that started off as TBC. That said, being new, I don't feel it's my place to make a vote since I'm still learning the community dynamics here. That said, I have done private servers for multiple games, including SWG Pre-CU, and I've found that the more people split off to try to get things "the way we like it", the smaller and smaller communities become. I plan on playing Darrowshire for as long as they have it, and I hope the numbers are able to remain high enough to make the experience fun. Nothing kills servers and communities more than watering down populations just to placate minority groups who claim to want something, then disappear after they've had a few months of fun.

Edited by Chimaera84