Sign in to follow this  
Ash

Fresh Realm Release: Nighthaven PvP

125 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, firevoodoo said:

Ok guys. So if I understand it correctly, this fresh server will be forced to TBC in a year while new merged one will be forced to TBC on later date, correct?

Do I get this right: I will not be able to play Vanilla indefinitely on nether of them?

Stratholme will be running on 1.12.1 indefinitely, and will not reset or shut down. At some point will be able to progress to TBC."
From what i understand .....
1) fresh server aka Nighthaven PVP , yes you will be "forced" in to TBC, as it is a PTE server.
2)  Stratholm - "indefinitely" vanilla.

Yesterday a GM on discord said "As Crogge said, you'll have the option to migrate to TBC or stay in Vanilla".

I have not heard this from Crogge myself. They mostly talk on discord, which is a pathetic chat server, not a real communication method with masses. How are we supposed to know what Shenna, Crogge or Ash wrote on Discord yesterday? You have to be there at THE EXACT fucking moment they are writing. We're not gonna search thru all the general chat to see your plans about the server. All the team should be less active on Discord and more active on THIS forum.

Crogge and shenna doesn't post anything on this forums and maybe not even reading these. Very unprofessional.

Like, ARE WE GONNA BE FORCED TO PLAY TBC?

I'm just waiting for a yes to quit the freaking server but nobody knows or writes a thing on this forums.

2 hours ago, orwell said:

Like, ARE WE GONNA BE FORCED TO PLAY TBC?

I'm just waiting for a yes to quit the freaking server but nobody knows or writes a thing on this forums.

Hello,

No, we aren't going to force anyone to play on TBC. You always will have a choice which expansion you're playing on. Vanilla characters will remain untouched.

1 hour ago, Shenna said:

Hello,

No, we aren't going to force anyone to play on TBC. You always will have a choice which expansion you're playing on. Vanilla characters will remain untouched.

Oh god, thanks Shenna finally!

Here's another question.

Since there will be 2 servers Vanilla and TBC, can you please consider making nighthaven a normal progression server for the people who will stay? Throwing all the content at us within one year creates some headaches: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/57392-stop-the-fast-paced-progression Please adress those concerns.

For the people who will migrate to TBC, they won't even bother raiding in AQ or Naxx since TBC will come before they could farm any raid. Why should they even bother when TBC is 2 months away? To sell their T3 to vendors? They don't care, they are just leveling to 60. So progression must NOT depend on them. It must depend on people who wants to stick to Vanilla for a long time.

Please prevent Nighthaven to be "leveling to 60 only for TBC" server. It can have it's own stable vanilla community by the end of this year.

Why is there no PVE option anymore? I loved Darrowshire and not getting ganked...Ijust my preference. 

pardon me i don't know if anyone is having the same issue but the restore character selection for me isn't working. it says password or authentification failed but i can go on the game and log in and see all my new characters and i can search all of my old ones.

Has their been any official confirmation as to whether or not the upcoming Stratholme server will be a PvE realm or will all Elysium realms be PvP at that point? I scanned this forum thread for an answer to this question, but found none. Is there a separate forum thread where I might find the answer to this question? I would prefer a calm, peaceful vanilla experience where I do not have to worry about being ganked and camped for eternity.

Edit: So it is based on a poll? I'm hoping there ends up being at least 1 PvE realm and 1 PvP realm, for balance.

Edited by Valpete
Correction after further research

I would prefer a calm, peaceful vanilla experience where I do not have to worry about being ganked and camped for eternity.

Yeah it appears it's going to be PvP one way or another. The poll shows a small percentage difference in favor of PvP, so those who like ganking people get even more of what they already have, and those of us who don't like it, get to either join up with people who stole data or just wait on Blizzard. Too bad. I had been sending friends to Elysium.  

On 2/11/2017 at 8:43 PM, Ash said:

The Elysium team is proud to announce our newest fresh realm: Nighthaven PvP

Nighthaven is going to be a fast-paced progression realm, starting on version 1.2.

Fast-paced progression means that it will take far less than one year to progress from versions 1.2 to 1.12.1 (the exact timeline will be published soon).

Additionally, the realm will be featuring progression through expansion. This means once 1.12.1 is launched, the preparation for a transition to TBC will begin!

• As mentioned above, the initial version will be 1.2 with all that entails.
  • The raids available at launch will be Molten Core and Onyxia's lair.
  • All characters from the Nighthaven PvP will continue to play on Elysium's TBC realm!
  • Battlegrounds will not be available at launch due to patch progress. Until patch 1.5, there were no Battlegrounds available on retail, so players will able to experience World PvP stage of the game in its full glory.
  • Honor System will be disabled before 1.4
  • Experience, gold, and loot gains will be the standard Blizzlike 1x.

Nighthaven will be the first World of Warcraft server in emulation history to begin with fully functioning and accurate raids, dungeons, questing, and scripting.

Whether you are a fan of the Elysium Project or not, we are proud to share this achievement with the community.

We have all come a long way since the early days of emulation, and are excited to see the most authentic fresh realm to date.

The server will be launching this Sunday, November 5th. The servers will open at 16:00 GMT+1.

As for Elysium, Anathema, and Darrowshire; they will all 3 be merged into one server named Stratholme PvP. All the progress of your characters on these realms will be saved. Name priority will be as follows: Anathema > Elysium > Darrowshire. Stratholme will be running on 1.12.1 indefinitely, and will not reset or shut down. At some point will be able to progress to TBC.

That concludes our announcement. Remember that no matter what is thrown at us, nor what we throw at ourself, your progress will always be saved, and you will always have somewhere to play.

Sincerely,
Elysium Staff

i dont know where i can download 

2 hours ago, jesper1710 said:

where can i download it ??

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5076223/World_of_Warcraft_Client_-_Version_1.12.1_enUS_-_Windows

Download it from this link. Once the game has been downloaded (shouldn't take more than an hour or two since it is only about 5GB large file) extract it, and then open the folder and make sure you set the realmlist to set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

To log in to the game, make sure you created an account first if you already do not have one.

Edited by Kalmar

Hey guys,

Just joined and did all the steps noted above but I am unable to log in. 

Created an account, downloaded and extracted, realmlist changed but still unable to log in. Anyone able to help?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Onne said:

Hey guys,

Just joined and did all the steps noted above but I am unable to log in. 

Created an account, downloaded and extracted, realmlist changed but still unable to log in. Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Go to homepage  https://elysium-project.org/

Once there, click Sign up (new account). Game and forum require two seperate accounts, so it could be that you are trying to log in game with your forum account (account you're posting from right now) instead of the game account that is required to play.

18 hours ago, Kalmar said:

Go to homepage  https://elysium-project.org/

Once there, click Sign up (new account). Game and forum require two seperate accounts, so it could be that you are trying to log in game with your forum account (account you're posting from right now) instead of the game account that is required to play.

That worked! Thank you!

On 11/2/2017 at 4:38 PM, Lylani said:

No PvE server? That's not fair to the ones who like the PvE server like me and I'm sure many others. Looks like I'll be looking for another place to play.

I second the motion.

Am I right that if someone

-looks for a Vanilla experience that won't be forced to TBC
-would like to keep the Vanilla character after elysium-project will announce the new TBC server

Should choose Stratholme? Or Is it possible to stay on Nighthaven and then if the realm will be converted to TBC he will have the opportunity to move that Vanilla character to another "stays vanilla" server to be able to continue his journey?

I'm halway to lvl60, so it is time to choose how to proceed. Stay at Nighthaven, or go to Stratholme. As lvl60 it would be more pain to start a new character. If neither server will be kept for Vanilla, then I will find another server.
I came here for Vanilla,  from a TBC server. And I'm looking for a Vanilla (not TBC) experience.

Thank you!

You can stay on Nighthaven and enjoy this server without worrying. People get confused with how things are going to work very often.

So first things first, TBC is not going to be released anytime soon, it'll take approximately a year, which is a decent amount of time indeed.

Once TBC gets released, you will be able to COPY your existing lvl60 vanilla char from Nighthaven to a TBC realm, so basically you will be able to play TBC from 60-70 (you do not necessarily have to start from a scratch). However, no one is forcing you to play TBC if you do not want to. If you, on the other hand, decide to give TBC a shot and copy your char from Nighthaven to a TBC realm, your vanilla char on Nighthaven will not be deleted, it will be kept as a lvl60 on vanilla server. 

This situation is pretty much a win-win one, those who want some TBC experience will give it a shot, and those who do not are not forced to do so in any way, they can keep rocking on vanilla content. As much as I personally love vanilla, in year's time I'll probably want some TBC content (love TBC dungeons, quests, Outland, gear design <3).

So there you have it, I hope I made everything clear to you. :)

Edited by Kalmar

3 minutes ago, Kalmar said:

The server is down at the moment, yes. :)

Any info for about how long? Or just random DC?

No ETA has been given by the staff, so could be minutes, could be hours. As soon as they release any info I'll update. :)

The server is back online. Happy gaming. 

Edited by Kalmar

4 hours ago, Viking said:

Am I right that if someone

-looks for a Vanilla experience that won't be forced to TBC
-would like to keep the Vanilla character after elysium-project will announce the new TBC server

Should choose Stratholme? Or Is it possible to stay on Nighthaven and then if the realm will be converted to TBC he will have the opportunity to move that Vanilla character to another "stays vanilla" server to be able to continue his journey?

I'm halway to lvl60, so it is time to choose how to proceed. Stay at Nighthaven, or go to Stratholme. As lvl60 it would be more pain to start a new character. If neither server will be kept for Vanilla, then I will find another server.
I came here for Vanilla,  from a TBC server. And I'm looking for a Vanilla (not TBC) experience.

Thank you!

It will stay a vanilla server, not convert. Scroll up for official reply.

Thank you Legendix for your confirmation! There were so many different infos regarding that. :)