Sign in to follow this  
Ash

Fresh Realm Release: Nighthaven PvP

125 posts in this topic

I was excited when i saw the announcement about a fresh server.

However, most of us here are Vanilla fans or fanatics even. We do not want faster progression, we want "blizzlike" or even slower so that we can enjoy even longer. My opinion is that wow died with TBC.

Anyway, GL.

2 hours ago, Osavi said:

Same here 1 year is too LOW, WE DONT CARE OF TBC; leave NORMAL 2 yeaars vanilla PROJECT so we can enjoy it please. Otherwise im not gonna play that at all, too short time to enjoy everything... and TBC... if ppl so wanted to go TBC they were already on PAYMANE, here ppl are to play Vanilla not TBC come on get into it.

I agree, I want to be able to play Vanilla, not be forced into TBC content right away....that's not to say I never want TBC, but give us at LEAST a year and a half on the server first....though two years is better.

1 hour ago, Kern said:

I agree, I want to be able to play Vanilla, not be forced into TBC content right away....that's not to say I never want TBC, but give us at LEAST a year and a half on the server first....though two years is better.

I'm only here for Vanilla. I personally do not like TBC. Certain things... like flying mounts, are deal-breakers for me. 

Honestly they should make one TBC server, and one Vanilla server, and leave it at that, I think...for those who want TBC, they can have those instant 60 characters and play how they want on a TBC realm...i think that would be best, but i doubt it will happen....

I'm happy there is a fresh server, and I'll probably play at launch and for a while, but, inevitably, my entire being rebels against 1x rates. No videogame should demand so much, or be life-consuming just to progress. "This is wrong. Why the fuck am I still playing this." It doesn't make for a healthy server population when the only ones playing are the ones who are okay with their lives being consumed by it. Yes, this is a vanilla problem overall, not specific to Elysium. Vanilla WoW is a wonderful experience, and it finds its peak in the form of a new server and community. Why not share this experience with as many people as possible, rather than just the ones who are sadistic enough to grind *another* lvl 60 from scratch?

A 2x XP server (w/ half-priced spells) is my dream, but honestly, any other quality of life improvements would be welcomed. Boost the rate or total amount of rested XP you can get. Have a 3x XP weekend to help build the excitement and hype, and take some of the soul-draining grind out of early game. You will get a lot of the players who have quit the scene because of how consuming vanilla is, as well as poaching low-level players from LH who are daunted by the grind. Right now, you don't offer them any incentive to either come back or to abandon their current characters. Who is the target audience of this server? It needs to be broader than merely people who like a fresh server. Offer us something.

Edited by vera

9 hours ago, orwell said:

3- Make a post about every sysadmin, gm, cm you have. Tell us for how long they've been with the project. Link their reddit accounts and forum accounts.

This, this, and this.

Also, still need a statement of intent or some other long post about how the transparency will be improved and mistakes of the past (generating gold/characters and selling) will not be repeated.

I must say so far I am not impressed... When I asked for some more transparency for specific issues on discord, I was banned. Not that it's a big deal, I'm not on discord often, but I wasn't trolling or anything, so I don't get what's up with that...

Edited by DarknessCalls

12 minutes ago, DarknessCalls said:

This, this, and this.

Also, still need a statement of intent or some other long post about how the transparency will be improved and mistakes of the past (generating gold/characters and selling) will not be repeated.

I must say so far I am not impressed... When I asked for some more transparency for specific issues on discord, I was banned. Not that it's a big deal, I'm not on discord often, but I wasn't trolling or anything, so I don't get the deal with hat.

Check discord for their staff list, every role is listed with the name of those in each role.

Don't worry, at some point they release a statement that they will never never never gonna do shady stuff again, wink wink.

38 minutes ago, vera said:

I'm happy there is a fresh server, and I'll probably play at launch and for a while, but, inevitably, my entire being rebels against 1x rates. No videogame should demand so much, or be life-consuming just to progress. "This is wrong. Why the fuck am I still playing this." It doesn't make for a healthy server population when the only ones playing are the ones who are okay with their lives being consumed by it. Yes, this is a vanilla problem overall, not specific to Elysium. Vanilla WoW is a wonderful experience, and it finds its peak in the form of a new server and community. Why not share this experience with as many people as possible, rather than just the ones who are sadistic enough to grind *another* lvl 60 from scratch?

A 2x XP server (w/ half-priced spells) is my dream, but honestly, any other quality of life improvements would be welcomed. Boost the rate or total amount of rested XP you can get. Have a 3x XP weekend to help build the excitement and hype, and take some of the soul-draining grind out of early game. You will get a lot of the players who have quit the scene because of how consuming vanilla is, as well as poaching low-level players from LH who are daunted by the grind. Right now, you don't offer them any incentive to either come back or to abandon their current characters. Who is the target audience of this server? It needs to be broader than merely people who like a fresh server. Offer us something.

Im really sorry, but vanilla is not  created for "new age" players. Its time consuming coz vanilla is all about jurney....no rush.I understand u, and many others who think like u, but that thinking is the main reason why retail became game like is today. 

1 hour ago, Sale said:

Im really sorry, but vanilla is not  created for "new age" players. Its time consuming coz vanilla is all about jurney....no rush.I understand u, and many others who think like u, but that thinking is the main reason why retail became game like is today. 

There's plenty of journey even at 2x XP, not to mention the real journey that begins at level 60. And, it lets you have a journey in real life too. A middle ground between total life consumption of 1x and ez-mode retail is perfectly attainable; just no one has really tried yet.

8 hours ago, Timololo said:

Its all good,but what to do people like me,who cant restore characters  in your restoration tool because Wrong password or authentication rejected? Maybe someone answer? I JUST WANT TO PLAY.Or adminstration spits on a persons like me?

I am also getting the above message.  I have been trying to restore for the last couple of days....can someone help us?

<STORMLORDS> guild (Alliance) is coming back to Project Elysium. Our leader Moradin is proud of you guys, and he can't wait to lead the guild on the new fresh server!

One pull I think would shed more light over whether the server should be PvE or PvP.

I really hope this time they will listen the community ( which has remained with them )

The scheme " We know better than you, what you truly want " Does not work well and the real example of this is Blizzard. The team of this server ( Whatever they are, because we do not know who is involved in the project, except @Shenna & @Crogge and @Ash оbviously must understand that without listening to the community they will not succeed.. not at this stage, not after everything.

As my boy Illidan said to Maiev : "  The huntress... is NOTHING... without the HUNT... You... are NOTHING... without... me..."   I would say : " Elysium... is NOTHING... without the COMMUNITY...  "

I think you guys got the idea which is behind these quotes, but let them go to the side and let's talk for real. Do not ignore the community !! And most likely Elysium shall prevail once again. We do not just want transparency.. I / WE want to see invoices for every penny that is spent on something. I / We want to know who are the people of the team working on the project at the moment ( as @orwell said ( Btw, great post bro I admit it. ) )  Even the color of the underwear of Shenna ( Little Joke.. for fun :) :) ) And if someone of the team need money from donations, just say.. I think that at times when someone is sincere, people will not be angry with him, and even they would help even more. 

My point was that this time you just need to pay more attention to your community.. and listen to it more often than before. Generally : Good name choice !! However, I would not give such a good estimate of the choice of realm type and depriving players of PvE Realm in general.

Edited by HYPHERON

10 hours ago, sbtv said:

what do you mean our logins being safe? They have our passwords anyway since they're the ones hosting the server lmao

You dont understand, when you creat your game account your login password was encoded like :

Accountname : Julie568

they see : account name : 3542238EZ58828282

Now they are asking to put your account info in Elysium restore tools to access to your char in lighthope realm. if you restore they have your information... and can do what they want with that

great, my keyboard is malfunction/drunked for next 20 h. I hope it will not take longer time and I will can start at time

17 hours ago, tretogos said:

Does the start on patch 1.2 mean that I should get 1.2 client or 1.12.1 is ok as well?

Same question here. I got the 1.12.1 version of the game, was unable to find a path from that version to the 1.2.

4 minutes ago, aggroholic_UY said:

Same question here. I got the 1.12.1 version of the game, was unable to find a path from that version to the 1.2.

All you need is 1.12.1 client

3 hours ago, Noxm said:

You dont understand, when you creat your game account your login password was encoded like :

Accountname : Julie568

they see : account name : 3542238EZ58828282

Now they are asking to put your account info in Elysium restore tools to access to your char in lighthope realm. if you restore they have your information... and can do what they want with that

if theyre asking for your LH pw that's pretty dodgy, I didn' teven know that was possible until now, now I see what you mean.

literally lmao at all the scrubs asking for slower content release.

oh no, i might not be in BiS to roll over the next tier of content in 4 hours when it releases!

fast release is how you make the game "hard". so what if you are barely able to clear domo while another guild is bumfucking cthun to death. get good lads.

Hey

First I'm new to this server! :) 
I have a few questions this new server NightHaven will start in version 1.12.1(vanila wow) ? And later on will be upgraded to TBC version 1.2 ?
Is it a server where everyone starts lvl 1? Or old players are getting their chars transfered from the other realms I still didn't understand quite well by reading this thread how its going to roll out. If anyone can shed a light on this questions I would be much appreciated. 
Thanks in advance.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:53 AM, theoden said:

Please leave at least one pve server.

ye wtf is the go with that? they just come back online then kick us in the guts again with the deletion of pve server. some of us just want to play in game and fight in real world. ><

20 minutes ago, Stretchie said:

ye wtf is the go with that? they just come back online then kick us in the guts again with the deletion of pve server. some of us just want to play in game and fight in real world. ><

Population of Darrowshire was like 50 when it came back online since everyone went to LH, this is why they merging them all.