Rain

TBC Update & Restoring 2017 Characters!

Hi all,

First off, we'd like to thank the over 50 TBC testers for dedicating so much time to the testing and reporting of our TBC Closed Beta! You all have been phenomenal, and TBC would not be able to launch without your dedication.

We have some interesting news regarding TBC, and we'd like to get the communities input on Character Restorations.

The Burning Crusade Closed Beta:
Almost 2 weeks ago now, we launched our TBC beta realm and invited the top guilds on Nighthaven to help us test. We received a great amount of bug reports and feedback — and have since made some major changes.

TBC Beta v2 is now LIVE and is working phenomenally! If you were a level 70 on the original TBC Beta (previous revision), please message Rain on Discord to get your levels restored.

Thank you again to everyone who has been involved thus far! We look forward to a great TBC launch at the end of 2018/ start of 2019 (Plenty of time planned for NH Naxx progression!)

October 2017 Character Restorations:
This is where we'd like your feedback. We are considering merging all previous Elysium PVP (October 2017 and before) character data into Nighthaven with strict stipulations. These stipulations would be:

• NO characters from realms that are not at the current patch (1.7) will be able to be transferred.
  • Limits on the number of gold, materials and other items that could adversely affect Nighthaven economy.
  • Nighthaven characters would retain all names and merged characters would be forced to rename.

We were originally planning on only restoring these characters for the TBC launch at the end of the year, however, with the demand - we're seriously consideringmerging them into Nighthaven ASAP.

Every day we see new players finding their way to Elysium — and every day we get more and more requests for pre-October character restorations. We would love to bring back some of those players. Please tell us what you think — and if you have any suggestions!

Thanks again Elysium! 

Sincerely,
Rain 

Lead GM

Why is there no responses on this topic. I would absolutely be in FAVOR of a pre October 2017 merge into the current Nighthaven servers. I have a question though, I have an account with 60s from the pre-October 2017 realms. When it was clear that elysium did not want to merge pre-October 2017 realms, I went and created brand new characters on the SAME account. If elysium decided to go through with this merge, which characters from this account would be overwritten?

22 minutes ago, Dudeabides said:

Why is there no responses on this topic. I would absolutely be in FAVOR of a pre October 2017 merge into the current Nighthaven servers. I have a question though, I have an account with 60s from the pre-October 2017 realms. When it was clear that elysium did not want to merge pre-October 2017 realms, I went and created brand new characters on the SAME account. If elysium decided to go through with this merge, which characters from this account would be overwritten?

The characters would not be overwritten, they would just be renamed. As Rain stated in his post, Nighthaven characters would take priority for names, so any characters from the old realms that have the exact same names, would be flagged for a rename when they are copied/transferred over.

13 minutes ago, Nalfein said:

The characters would not be overwritten, they would just be renamed. As Rain stated in his post, Nighthaven characters would take priority for names, so any characters from the old realms that have the exact same names, would be flagged for a rename when they are copied/transferred over.

I think he means he made more characters and used (all) the character slots. So if the old were merged, would the new ones be overwritten or do we decide which to keep and which to replace or we can't get any old ones back because there is no room now?

4 minutes ago, thecrazyscot said:

I think he means he made more characters and used (all) the character slots. So if the old were merged, would the new ones be overwritten or do we decide which to keep and which to replace or we can't get any old ones back because there is no room now?

Ah. Well nothing of what I say should be considered official, as it is not certain we are going to be proceeding with the above post, but most likely you would be able to choose which characters you want copied over. Similar to what we have done in the past. 

Greetings Rain,

I think i speak for most of the people who played through Nost, Elysium and Nighthaven that we would love to get our old Characters back, no doubt.. Maybe even some of the players who left because their characters got deleted will return, which is good for the community.

But my question is, how would you do it?

- what would be the gold cap?

- why only bring back chars from pvp servers?

- will they still be transfered to the upcoming TBC server?

3 minutes ago, Calzifer said:

Greetings Rain,

I think i speak for most of the people who played through Nost, Elysium and Nighthaven that we would love to get our old Characters back, no doubt.. Maybe even some of the players who left because their characters got deleted will return, which is good for the community.

But my question is, how would you do it?

- what would be the gold cap?

- why only bring back chars from pvp servers?

- will they still be transfered to the upcoming TBC server?

Gold cap would be just enough to allow players to return and get on their feet. So we still have to discuss exact numbers, but gold and materials that could negative impact the NH economy would have to be carefully considered.

Elysium PVP was the only realm at Nighthavens current patch. The others were later. We dont want to introduce later patched characters into Nighthaven.

Yes they will still be transferrable (as are all of Nighthavens chars) to TBC when it launches.

Oh! yes please! 
I would LOVE to be able to play my old toons on the current nighthaven.
Please Merge everything into the current Nighthaven! please please please!

Edit: brainfart- spelling

Edited by Appzz

I am for the merge! 

However I am at a loss, when you (and others) mention Nostalrius i was under the hopes that the character i was never able to retrieve from the old nostalrius servers could be restored. (The portal never worked when I tried after nostalrius shut-down) But are we in reality talking about the servers that took over after nostalrius, and it would only be characters revived after the nostalrius shutdown, that can be further revived into this new merge? 

The Character I am most eager to revive is a lvl 58 warrior from 3rd march 2016. will that be possible? 

I am for the merge! 

However I am at a loss, when you (and others) mention Nostalrius i was under the hopes that the character i was never able to retrieve from the old nostalrius servers could be restored. (The portal never worked when I tried after nostalrius shut-down) But are we in reality talking about the servers that took over after nostalrius, and it would only be characters revived after the nostalrius shutdown, that can be further revived into this new merge? 

The Character I am most eager to revive is a lvl 58 warrior from 3rd march 2016. will that be possible? 

I don't think so. I remember the Nostalrius merge where they made a website to transfer characters. The creators of Nostalrius actually took down the website almost immediately and they cut off contact with Elysium because the Nostalrius' creators had a vendetta maybe? I think the only characters that can be transferred are the ones on Lights Hope before the split between Elysium developers.

3 hours ago, AAsaboy said:

I am for the merge! 

We do not have a database for characters that were not moved over during the "Nost Token" transfer, so unfortunately any characters that were not transferred during that window are no longer available. Right now we are just talking about the Elysium PVP realm's characters, as that is the only realm that is on the same patch as Nighthaven. However, we are open to the idea of merging the other realms as well once Nighthaven catches up in patch progression. None of this is official, it's just an idea in which we are looking for your feedback/thoughts.

7 hours ago, AAsaboy said:

I am for the merge! 

March 2016 will be there - yes! :)

Hello! That sounds great - however, why is it impossible to merge in the characters from Darrowshire server later on?

Sure, Darrowshire was at Patch 1.8 at the time of shutdown - so, could you please arrange a "second wave merge" for Darrowshire characters after Nighthaven server reaches its own Patch 1.8 (according to the proposed timeline it should happen in a month or so)?  

Please consider that Darrowshire players were never able to experience the full progression (opening the gates of Ahn'Qiraj and later), and it would be not really that fair to them to deny such an opportunity, allowing them only at Nighthaven 1.11+ Patch, as it is mentioned in your current announcement. Anathema players had experienced it all already, and Elysium players will experience it in the future - then why leaving just Darrowshire players aside?

Thanks in advance!

i can't wait to get my character back, me and my gf were leveling up together and we really don't wanted to redo everything again. We since have interest into elysium since we know that wow classic announced by blizzard gonna be really different from what we know now.

thanks guys for working on that !

1 hour ago, stephanovitch said:

i can't wait to get my character back, me and my gf were leveling up together and we really don't wanted to redo everything again. We since have interest into elysium since we know that wow classic announced by blizzard gonna be really different from what we know now.

thanks guys for working on that !

Blizz just loves to tell us what we want and fuck it up for us.

I am for the merge ASAP, me & a lot of people I met on Elysium are waiting to get back their char for play again.
In my opinion you should do it quickly before people lost their patience :/.
Thanks guys BTW you are doing amazing job ! Good Luck with that !

11 hours ago, Soulcatcher said:

Hello! That sounds great - however, why is it impossible to merge in the characters from Darrowshire server later on?

Sure, Darrowshire was at Patch 1.8 at the time of shutdown - so, could you please arrange a "second wave merge" for Darrowshire characters after Nighthaven server reaches its own Patch 1.8 (according to the proposed timeline it should happen in a month or so)?  

Please consider that Darrowshire players were never able to experience the full progression (opening the gates of Ahn'Qiraj and later), and it would be not really that fair to them to deny such an opportunity, allowing them only at Nighthaven 1.11+ Patch, as it is mentioned in your current announcement. Anathema players had experienced it all already, and Elysium players will experience it in the future - then why leaving just Darrowshire players aside?

Thanks in advance!

We are looking into the idea of merging the other realms also as we progress further.  You do have a fair point about the patch difference for sure, and it is something we could possibly consider, but the entire idea of these realms being open for transfer is still up for debate at this time. Your input is much appreciated, thank you.

15 hours ago, Soulcatcher said:

Thanks in advance!

Once NH hits 1.8 - I'm sure thats something we can do.

Definitely support the idea of early restoration, I d personally come to Nightheaven then.

You have now taken the step to offer up XP tokens. This is seriously bad, but if you on top of that decide to NOT allow character restoration for free, on the lost characters from the earlier servers then i don't understand anything about where you're all heading with this project. 

Of course guys you should do it !
One year ago we were minimum 4k players on Elysium every time !
Actually we are often under 1000 ...
Please think about that, just give the characters back ASAP, it will revitalize the server until the release of TBC.

I personnally create a new char but I have some friends which don't want to level up again and I can understand it.

They are just waiting a desperate return since too much time ...

We believe in you ! There is no hesitaton, do it <333