Jump to content
Norezion

Server Merge is here!

Recommended Posts

Lok'tar Ogar & Wel-Met Champions!

 

We're excited to finally announce the character merge process has been completed! After all the precautionary measures taken, our previous servers Darrowshire PvE and Elysium PvP have been merged into our current Nighthaven PvP realm.

We have roughly 2.000.000 (2 million) characters merged among all three servers and 150.000.000 (150 million) quests finished. Only 20% of total characters coming from Elysium PvP and Darrowshire PvE will receive a name change, Nighthaven having the priority in case of character name duplicates.

Unfortunately, the merged characters will lack their spell abilities and items places on their action bars and all the crafted items in bags or bank will appear as "Created by yourself".

Guilds will not be transferred, and will not be providing your old guild names if they're already taken on the Nighthaven realm unless certain conditions are met. Please write a ticket in-game and one of our Game Master's will happily assist you as soon as possible.

A cleanup of the database has taken place along with a wipe on all Nighthaven deleted characters in order to reduce the size of the database.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Elysium Project Staff

dev_update.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oxblood said:

Do you have an ETA for when the servers will be back up?

The server is online now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 of my characters have random numbers after their names now, do I get a free name change to fix this?

Ah nevermind lol just logged in and its already taken care of ūüôā

 

Edited by Greentrees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Greentrees said:

2 of my characters have random numbers after their names now, do I get a free name change to fix this?ÔĽŅ

it will ask you to change the name once you login

numbers CANT be ingame on characters 

so you can change the name for free by clicking on it / login

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dimitriyo said:

I did not get my lvl 40 Tauren Warrior from the merge. is there any way i can get him back ?

Have you checked the other realms? And if it was on Anathema, that realm didn't got merged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr_Rosh said:

Have you checked the other realms? And if it was on Anathema, that realm didn't got merged.

Yes i have checked all the realms. It was not on Anathema for sure because all my friends have their characters back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dimitriyo said:

Yes i have checked all the realms. It was not on Anathema for sure because all my friends have their characters back.

Please make a in-game ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there!

My server list shows (1) character on the Nighthaven - Extra Chars #1, but nothing is on it once i log in :(

My character was initially made on Nostalrius, then survived the initial transfer, not sure what transpired now :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! 

Great news that the merge has actually happened! However, there was a sort of personal letdown because the character version currently merged to Nighthaven is so much earlier than the version of the same character merged to Stratholme server back then.

The "normal" version of character (that was merged to Stratholme) has a progress rollback of just 2-3 weeks prior to the point of Darrowshire server shutdown, while the current "old" version of that character is more than 3 months back from the point of Darrowhire shutdown (if memory serves, it happened in October 2017, and the current version of character progress is from July 2017 at best) - so, it lacks particular raid items, epic mount, etc, etc. Created an in-game ticket in order to solve this.

 

The other issue is that the earned PvP items can't be equipped at all (if they are in the inventory or taken off character even once). The game just says that you lack the necessary rank to equip them.

Edited by Soulcatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear here...  Which server are we supposed to play on now?

It seems  that "Nighthaven" and "Nighthaven - Extra Chars #1"  have identical characters for me, but I wasn't sure if they were actually backed by the same data (so while both exist, they are always identical regardless of new progress), or if one of them would go away in the near future (and the data is not connected between the servers and I could potentially lose progress if I play on the wrong one).

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NerdOfEpic said:

Just to be clear here...  Which server are we supposed to play on now?

It seems  that "Nighthaven" and "Nighthaven - Extra Chars #1"  have identical characters for me, but I wasn't sure if they were actually backed by the same data (so while both exist, they are always identical regardless of new progress), or if one of them would go away in the near future (and the data is not connected between the servers and I could potentially lose progress if I play on the wrong one).

Thanks

All of them are the same, the only difference is different realms show extra characters for accounts with 10+ characters on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Soulcatcher said:

Hello! 

Great news that the merge has actually happened! However, there was a sort of personal letdown because the character version currently merged to Nighthaven is so much earlier than the version of the same character merged to Stratholme server back then.

The "normal" version of character (that was merged to Stratholme) has a progress rollback of just 2-3 weeks prior to the point of Darrowshire server shutdown, while the current "old" version of that character is more than 3 months back from the point of Darrowhire shutdown (if memory serves, it happened in October 2017, and the current version of character progress is from July 2017 at best) - so, it lacks particular raid items, epic mount, etc, etc. Created an in-game ticket in order to solve this.

 

The other issue is that the earned PvP items can't be equipped at all (if they are in the inventory or taken off character even once). The game just says that you lack the necessary rank to equip them.

The "Stratholme" server took direct copies of the characters from Light's Hope using their transfer tool, that's why it was more up-to-date, but it was a tool that you had to personally use, and there was constantly issues and errors.

The characters restored used the only backups available when Light's Hope shutdown the servers and copied the database last October. So that is basically the reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just logged in and it says i have 12 CHAR on nighhaven but displays non , i made a lvl 1 char now it only shows that one lvl 1 char and not 12 anymore!
WHAT Hapend to my characters  ? i had a 60 t2 rogue and few bank characters ? Overall doesn't show any char at all 

Image before creating lvl1 : https://ibb.co/mYxxyK
Image After creating lvl1 : https://ibb.co/jrDFkz

Edited by Brabus65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brabus65 said:

I just logged in and it says i have 12 CHAR on nighhaven but displays non , i made a lvl 1 char now it only shows that one lvl 1 char and not 12 anymore!
WHAT Hapend to my characters  ? i had a 60 t2 rogue and few bank characters ? Overall doesn't show any char at all 

Image before creating lvl1 : https://ibb.co/mYxxyK
Image After creating lvl1 : https://ibb.co/jrDFkz

Were your characters on Anathema (old Nost)? Those were not brought over yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DarknessCalls said:

Were your characters on Anathema (old Nost)? Those were not brought over yet.

from old nostalrius then to anathema merge .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i try logging in to a server, it just gives a window that says "Logging into server" for a few seconds, then kicks back to the server select list. its doing this with all the servers. any idea what i should do?

Edit - waited 10 minutes and it fixed itself

Edited by darlonten12
Fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, DarknessCalls said:

You won't get those characters until Nighthaven progresses to 1.12

How far off would you say that is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 3:57 AM, Dathros said:

How far off would you say that is?

 

On 9/4/2018 at 5:53 AM, Zancon said:

December 8th is the Drums of WarÔĽŅ patch 1.12ÔĽŅ you can check our timeline and progress at any time at the following link:

https://elysium-project.org/timeline

So are we getting the Anathema Characters with the patch?

I was leveling a druid back in Nost, stopped when I wa able to move my characters here, but would verry much like to play that druid again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On or about that time. We had really hoped for more progression in Naxx before the merge.

As always it will happen automatically and characters will appear in your selection screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As early as 3 weeks, as many as 5 weeks. No firm date, that is the latest estimate from the dev team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×