Sign in to follow this  
ipwxock

TBC Faction Balance

Hi,

I would like to know if Elysium staff has been thinking about that faction imbalance every single TBC server is afflicted with. As many if you know, TBC servers always tend to be horde overpopulated.

If you could please share your thoughts about this, and possible actions you're going to take, such as alliance experience/honor boost, cheaper mounts... I think it would be good for community to know and give their opinion.

Rise up and talk, Elysium!

This is something that get's discussed internally - would love to hear any ideas you or any other community member might have on the subject.

I guess you could offer temp x2 xp for the side with less players until a specific number of players playing that faction is achieved?  Then once there is a healthy number on either side go back to x1.  You could offer a free mount at lvl 40 for alliance for a period of time also, then once a health number is achieved turn it off?  But things like this will just make the special snowflakes cry out that its unfair *insert generic whine*.  Personally as a horde player I couldn't give a monkey's 😄

Bring on TBC \o/

Increased Honor sounds good when there's like 5 to 1 horde/alliance ratio, but I don't really like the XP boost, the whole point of a vannilla and TBC server is the slow leveling experience, at least in my opinion.

enable grouping in Raids and Dungeons for both factions that would push the LFR / LFD  System quite a bit.

14 hours ago, asaph said:

enable grouping in Raids and Dungeons for both factions that would push the LFR / LFD  System quite a bit.

Without the intention to offend your idea asaph, this would kill the server in meantime for sure.

If you start mixing the Horde and Alliance together, with no longer differences when it comes to PvP and PVE, then there won't be anymore rivalities between the two factions and server's population will drop in no time.

If you think what I am saying doesn't make any sense, just look at what happened to Ares TBC several months ago and you will understand my point.

Edited by Deadspell

4 hours ago, Deadspell said:

I suggest free transfer Horde > Alliance faction.

This. Then just advertise the free transfer via the SERVER: alerts as well as the website/social media.

Boosting honor/xp is probably going to be taken advantage of. For instance, rolling purposely on the other faction to gain the benefit then paying the transfer fee back to your main faction.

all the free mount, bonus xp, faction cap login Q and joined raids are thing other servers tryed and still died. The limited time free one way faction transfer sounds more <blizzlike> and it may work. But keep in mind that when the server opens there is going to be a wave of overhyped nooblets that think they are pvp gods overpopulating one faction, that will quit the server in a couple of months when they realise they failed in arena or that they have 6hours warsong que or get bored of ganking lowbes.

Also numbers are always numbers and one faction with big population can be dead if there is no balance of pvpers, pvers,raidlogers,levelers or profesion/actionhouse carebears so you need look on more info and not only to how many are logged in the varius timezone primetimes 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:52 PM, Paparia said:

But keep in mind that when the server opens there is going to be a wave of overhyped nooblets that think they are pvp gods overpopulating one faction, that will quit the server in a couple of months when they realise they failed in arena or that they have 6hours warsong que or get bored of ganking lowbes.

Also numbers are always numbers and one faction with big population can be dead if there is no balance of pvpers, pvers,raidlogers,levelers or profesion/actionhouse carebears so you need look on more info and not only to how many are logged in the varius timezone primetimes 

Actually I never mind to play Horde despite we are a bit more than Alliance on TBC servers.

And yes, I am totally agree with you regarding the facts that we shouldn't only look at how many are logged in the varius timezone primetimes and the temporary wave of nooblets who would side on the overpopulating faction.

As a Horde veteran pvper on TBC, those two factors were never an issue for me to enjoy and get my seasons gears as whoever else who look over those small penalties.

For the HORDE!

Edited by Deadspell

Besides a that horde overpopulair on the pvp side. I dont think pve needs a fix/boost.  Only thing to boost is honor gained cause allaince is losing most battlegrounds.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:39 PM, Flannel said:

Besides a that horde overpopulair on the pvp side. I dont think pve needs a fix/boost.  Only thing to boost is honor gained cause allaince is losing most battlegrounds.

There's nothing to do with the faction's issue. Battlegrounds are all about communication and gears.

A battleground with lack of communication and gears has more risk to lose than a disciplined and fair geared one.

If you play on the Alliance side and chain lose battlegrounds, then perhaps you are playing with the wrong people.

As a Horde player I can ensure you that I ever knew chain lose as well until I have to log off and doing something else than wasting my time on WoW.

OK .. Our racials are "slightly" better than yours. But it has nothing to do with factions concerns.

Edited by Deadspell

17 hours ago, Arrowdawn said:

Why are tbc servers so horde populated?

Mainly because some sheep players think that Horde racial are overpowered compared to Alliance's for PvP, which is a wrong approach.

You have to choose your faction by taking in consideration the most suitable racial to your class before thinking about your race if you wish to play smartly.

For example, I chose UD as a warlock ; anti fear, charm, sleep and no such racial on the other side before Cataclysm expansion.

However, if I wished to play a warrior, I would definitely go for Gnome as I ever did.

Gnome racial is on of the best for warrior PvP since they provide you a sick bonus against immobilization with a CD for only 1 min!

Every experienced players in PvP know that warrior's weakness is immobilization.

For the rogue, you can do either UD on Horde or Dwarf on the Alliance side. However, Dwarf rogue dominate all the others rogue with their anti-bleed, poison and sickness.

Here again, I would pick a Dwarf without doubt if I wished to play a rogue in PvP.

Edited by Deadspell

5 minutes ago, Deadspell said:

Mainly because some sheep players think that Horde racial are overpowered compared to Alliance's for PvP, which is a wrong approach.

You have to choose your faction by taking in consideration the most suitable racial to your class before thinking about your race if you wish to play smartly.

For example, I chose UD as a warlock ; anti fear, charm, sleep and no such racial on the other side before Cataclysm expansion.

However, if I wished to play a warrior, I would definitely go for Gnome as I ever did.

Gnome racial is on of the best for warrior PvP since they provide you a sick bonus against immobilization with a CD for only 1 min!

Every experienced players in PvP know that warrior's weakness is immobilization.

For the rogue, you can do either UD on Horde or Dwarf on the Alliance side. However, Dwarf rogue dominate all the others rogue with their anti-bleed, and poison racial.

Here again, I would pick a Dwarf without doubt if I wished to play a rogue in PvP.

6 hours ago, Deadspell said:

Dwarf on the Alliance side

*Human. Perception is the curse for all rogues/druids.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:11 PM, Deadspell said:

There's nothing to do with the faction's issue. Battlegrounds are all about communication and gears.

Please. The point is making Alliance more attractive so population is 45-55 at least. This way we will have a healthy server. You don't seem to care about being 80% horde - 20% alliance, but you should know a server like that would die in 2months. You won't have people to PvP with.

3 hours ago, ipwxock said:

You don't seem to care about being 80% horde - 20% alliance, but you should know a server like that would die in 2months.

I don't understand your reaction.

First of, I never said that I don't care about the faction balance.

All I said is PvP issue between the Horde and the Alliance has nothing to do with  the faction itself.

It's just that he was probably unlucky to play with wrong players and keep losing.

It's not because (and never intended) that Horde > Alliance, so please dispel this myth from your mind.

Alliance could beat Horde in PvP and vice versa.

On the other hand, I understand that you are worrying about this issue. However, I just don't think it would be that bad since we never had to deal with this trouble on Nighthaven before, despite it's Vanilla ..

But hey! No any difference for PvP, racials are still the same.

In the worst case, the best alternative on my opinion is to impliment temporary free transfer Horde > Alliance.

And believe me that I would be amongst the first Horde players to transfer my Warlock if we reach that red light. For now, there is no reason to do so.

Edited by Deadspell

Indeed, there is no reason right now.

But trust me, newcomers will COLLAPSE horde side. And free transfer will not solve the imbalance.

People use to think Horde is better for PvP, which is not. Perception and Stoneform are the king racials of TBC given the current playstyle.

I'll explain myself: People think WotF is the best racial because it makes you immune to fear and so.. okay, not bad back in 2007 when people didn't know how to deal with SL/SL locks. Trust me, people know how to do so now. So, locks are not the top class anymore, and there won't be so many. This leads to have WotF utility diminished.

Priest and Rogue are the real TOP classes of TBC PvP, which will make Perception and Stoneform much more useful than the other racials.

Now let's get into the PvE scene:

Horde racials may be slightly better, but i think they're not that much. Anyway, it's an aberration for a blizzlike server to modify racials, so that's not an option.

The only thing that comes to my mind is trying to balance Paladin population. Lots of blood elves, and I mean LOTS of blood elf paladins will rush to Horde since Seal of Blood is the only way a retribution paladin has to (if he/she's lucky) climb to top3 dps on an average raid. Possible solution: Modify a paladin talent to buff Seal of the Martyr. This should balance it just a little bit, along with the XP/Honor boost for alliance.

Not the best option tho, it was one thing that came to my mind, I'm sure there are many other options. But, I repeat, population is a huge problem which could lead to server death.

it is just a chain of events when 500 hordes join bg que versus 100 ally 150 of them join the rest 350 have to w8 for next bg pop they are bored so they go <world pvp> until the que pops but since there is not enough allys in world they are forced to go search for levelers in the quest hubs then you have some of this fress ppl rage and quit or faction change, same with some of the hordes that find their honor advancment 2 slow so next month you have 450 hordes v80 allys in the bg que and this continues til the server  PVP dies

i don't know if there is  a solution to this maybe allow cross faction battleground que ,i dont know if this is posible or what bad side efects will have like win trading etc etc

On 12/5/2018 at 6:09 AM, Deadspell said:

For the rogue, you can do either UD on Horde or Dwarf on the Alliance side. However, Dwarf rogue dominate all the others rogue with their anti-bleed, poison and sickness.

I have NEVER played wow for pvp....after 10 years of retail.  PvP is such small part of what WoW has to offer.  I know for a fact that of pve the horde racials are more favoured in retail for raiding/dungeons.  The reason I asked about tbc is I was just a levelling scrub back then who didn't even know bgs even existed and I was just curious with regard to the statement that tbc servers were horde favoured. 

59 minutes ago, Arrowdawn said:

PvP is such small part of what WoW has to offer.

Stopped reading here. Not reading anything you post from now on.

21 hours ago, ipwxock said:

Indeed, there is no reason right now.

But trust me, newcomers will COLLAPSE horde side. And free transfer will not solve the imbalance.

.......................................... But, I repeat, population is a huge problem which could lead to server death.

Then everyone will have to accept the consequences if it does happen..

We can always suggest some innovative ideas, or try to convince other to "save" from the most inevitable fact.

However in the end, the only thing which would decide about the fate of the upcoming TBC server would be the players choice.

What I am trying to tell here is not 2 or 3 of us who will make a big difference, but at least 50% of the player base.

We won't be able to force anyone to do anything against their will.

Edited by Deadspell

22 hours ago, ipwxock said:

Stopped reading here. Not reading anything you post from now on.

haha ok son.

I knew that comment would trigger a fanboy.