Shino

DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

Hi,

We love using the Addon in our Raid. We are playing on Elysium.
Our problem: every one in the Raid has different numbers after each fight. Most of the time we compare DPS, damage and effecitve healing dome. About 10/40 People have the addon running on latest version and Sync mode enabled. Only in a few cases we have the numbers syncet and two people have the same numbers for each other.

I can understand that it can't collect the correct values for people without the addon, but i at least want the same numbers for everyone using the addon. So people stop fighting about who has the correct numbers.
Do you other Guys have the same experience or is it working for you? Can anyone say what i might do wrong?

Cheers

In my guild we are using this precious tool in order to identify the global perf of the raid... trend for some classes efficiency, dispell mesurement...

In my guild we also have some discrepensies... but it's more something like :
I have 230 DPS in one log 225 DPS in another 235 in the third... at our level we don't care...

1 hour ago, Malga said:

In my guild we are using this precious tool in order to identify the global perf of the raid... trend for some classes efficiency, dispell mesurement...

In my guild we also have some discrepensies... but it's more something like :
I have 230 DPS in one log 225 DPS in another 235 in the third... at our level we don't care...

It's more different for us. People are not showing up at all, or they see themselves at rank 2 in DPS, but for others they are are rank 9. In effecive healing done we have differences of 30k, depending on possition of the healer.

@Malga I did notice, that the length of the fight is different for every player (depending on when they enter the fight). So even if the damage value for one fight is the same for all Raid members, dps can be different: DPS = Damage/fight length. How is Damage and healing done for you Malga, is that as close as dps?

How is this suppoesd to help me? There i can only see the stats from one person. I'm interested in knowing the discrepensies between the players.

5 hours ago, Sulpitz said:

Hi,

We love using the Addon in our Raid. We are playing on Elysium.
Our problem: every one in the Raid has different numbers after each fight. Most of the time we compare DPS, damage and effecitve healing dome. About 10/40 People have the addon running on latest version and Sync mode enabled. Only in a few cases we have the numbers syncet and two people have the same numbers for each other.

I can understand that it can't collect the correct values for people without the addon, but i at least want the same numbers for everyone using the addon. So people stop fighting about who has the correct numbers.
Do you other Guys have the same experience or is it working for you? Can anyone say what i might do wrong?

Cheers

Hey!

Did you set your CombatLogRange to 200 in the config.wtf?

Also, the syncing is a little difficult on Elysium cause it will cause lagspikes, which is why I disabled it infight.

Now, people who raid are usually all the time infight, so that is why it is not synced. It will sync once everyone is outfight for 3 minutes.

I have not found a workaround for that yet unfortunately, but increasing the range will usually neutralize these problems.

cheers!

On 6/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, Earthwarder said:

love it but unfortunately im so tired of crit errors all the time. Ive tried new versions of it still its always crit erroring when logging out. Its not all the time it does this but its enough to be annoying af. Its just not worth it. 

Everytime you log out? Do you have any special settings on logout?

Can you list me your addons and how much data you collected there?

On 6/10/2017 at 0:14 AM, Nihlo said:

Is there a way to manually upload the logs ? Register but couldn't find it. Wouldn't that be easier for you instead of creating an entire launcher ?

Not yet, but maybe later :)

cheers!

Thanks for the reply Shino.

I did increase the CombatLogRange, i will get my guildmates to increase it too. But it does not seem to help at fights like Rangaros, Only or Shazzrah. Is there a point in increasing it to more then 200?
Is there a possibility to have it sync directly after each fight, or the option to set a custom time?

If you are interested, i can save the logfiles of our next raid so you can see how different the numbers are.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Sulpitz said:

Thanks for the reply Shino.

I did increase the CombatLogRange, i will get my guildmates to increase it too. But it does not seem to help at fights like Rangaros, Only or Shazzrah. Is there a point in increasing it to more then 200?
Is there a possibility to have it sync directly after each fight, or the option to set a custom time?

If you are interested, i can save the logfiles of our next raid so you can see how different the numbers are.

Cheers

200 is pretty much the limit if not already way over it.

I just need to figure out a solution because the amount that needs to be synced is just to high.

Don't think I will need it. That is what Legacy Logs was designed for in the end, so it will be merged completly. But that feature is currently not available as well on Legacy Logs.

I need more time :/

How about a 36 hour day, any rejections :P ?

cheers!

Okay, thanks again for the reply and the awesome addon!
I acutally have to make the Config.wtf read only, so WoW is not reseting the settings or deleting them from the file.

36 hour day would not be bad, i would probably use the extra hours to sleep ;).

Cheers

@Shino  I have a little question.

Presently, after each "automatic" DPS Mate update (via the client), I need to reconfigure my parameters
Now I know them very well so it does not take to much time... but is it possible to keep these parameters after each update please ?
(or at least keep the existing parameters as they are if you don't tuch them in your modifications)

Let's say I have 3 differents windows (DPS, Heal, Dispells)... it become boring to always reparameterize each of the windows after an addon update.

As always, thanks for your support :-)

2 hours ago, Malga said:

@Shino  I have a little question.

Presently, after each "automatic" DPS Mate update (via the client), I need to reconfigure my parameters
Now I know them very well so it does not take to much time... but is it possible to keep these parameters after each update please ?
(or at least keep the existing parameters as they are if you don't tuch them in your modifications)

Let's say I have 3 differents windows (DPS, Heal, Dispells)... it become boring to always reparameterize each of the windows after an addon update.

As always, thanks for your support :-)

I didnt know that they reset. Will look into that.

cheers!

@Shino Hey mate. Love the addon. I just have one query about this latest version. When I am in a party and I am neither the leader nor assist, and I attempt to reset the data in my DPSMate windows, I get a message from DPSMate that says something along the lines of --

You can not reset the data as you are not the Party Leader or Assist.

I was surprised when I saw this and I have not found a way to turn this restriction off. I had a previous version of DPSMate and never came across this restriction.

Is there any way to turn this off as I am not often the party leader or assist and like to be able to manage when my DPSMate starts collecting data.

Thanks, Shino!

5 hours ago, Syn said:

@Shino Hey mate. Love the addon. I just have one query about this latest version. When I am in a party and I am neither the leader nor assist, and I attempt to reset the data in my DPSMate windows, I get a message from DPSMate that says something along the lines of --

You can not reset the data as you are not the Party Leader or Assist.

I was surprised when I saw this and I have not found a way to turn this restriction off. I had a previous version of DPSMate and never came across this restriction.

Is there any way to turn this off as I am not often the party leader or assist and like to be able to manage when my DPSMate starts collecting data.

Thanks, Shino!

Toggle Sync to off and you should be able to reset, if i remember correct

11 hours ago, Barrymanalow said:

Toggle Sync to off and you should be able to reset, if i remember correct

Thank you for that advice. I shall try that tonight :)

I also noticed that even while synced that the numbers ppl have were off by a bit. Gonna try waiting 3mins after each fight to have it sync.

Btw increasing the combatlogrange to 150 or even 200 doesnt work for healers, since combatlog is pretty much the only way you can use to have a 40yard range check for heals

Your addon never shows up in my Addon folder after I log in.

I'm done with screwing with it, I'm just going to use another addon. Cheers

2 hours ago, Ravid said:

Your addon never shows up in my Addon folder after I log in.

I'm done with screwing with it, I'm just going to use another addon. Cheers

Move all the folders inside DPSMate-master into your Interface/AddOns directory.

Hi Shino,

I reinstalled DPSmate to latest release b123, and deleted all DPSmate.lua in WTF folder.

But I have this issue where I am a mage but class color bar is showing myself as a warrior no matter what I do.

Please help me fix this! 

Cheers,

dpsamte_error.PNG

3 minutes ago, peremi said:

Hi Shino,

I reinstalled DPSmate to latest release b123, and deleted all DPSmate.lua in WTF folder.

But I have this issue where I am a mage but class color bar is showing myself as a warrior no matter what I do.

Please help me fix this! 

Cheers,

dpsamte_error.PNG

I experienced something similar to this and found that DPSMate was displaying my previously used character colour.

DPSMate corrected itself after the next login. Reset all data, log out, log in and the bar colour should accurately reflect your current class colour.

11 hours ago, peremi said:

Hi Shino,

Please help me fix this! 

Cheers,

dpsamte_error.PNG

As Syn says, sometime DPSMate fails to get your class data upon initialization, but it will correct itself over time.

cheers!

Hey Shino,

I've got an old log which couldn't be uploaded because of launcher-problems weeks ago. Is there a way to manually upload it again ? Copied the *.gz file in the LLSave folder but the launcher doesn't want to upload it.

On 1.7.2017 at 7:18 PM, Nihlo said:

Hey Shino,

I've got an old log which couldn't be uploaded because of launcher-problems weeks ago. Is there a way to manually upload it again ? Copied the *.gz file in the LLSave folder but the launcher doesn't want to upload it.

The launcher realizes that this is an old file by looking at the modified date. 

Hi, I installed the addon following all the instructions but I dont seem to be able to change any visual options for the window, font size, bar size and everything.