Sign in to follow this  
Mitycircin

[GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants(Updated to patch 1.8)

As I said, not able to aquire Boots of Avoidance or WL-Quest Bracers.
Selection kind of depends on what Stats you need/want.

Golem + Cannon Master (Armor: 682)
+21 Stamina
+24 Strength
+4 Def

Valor Bracers + Shoes (Armor: 685)
+34 Stamina
+15 Strength
+7 Agility
+5 Spirit
+200 Armo

[email protected]

Edited by Agrillos

On 1/31/2017 at 5:39 AM, JCarrill0 said:

Personally I would use Fel-Hardeneed > Golem > Valor. (At least until Heroism), Boots I would use Avoidance > Cannon Master > Valor. (Until Heroism).

The set bonus is nice yes, but to me it makes little difference when Def/Stam is my top Prio on stats. (Block/Parry/Dodge is nice too)

How would you rate Shalehusk Boots compared to Cannon Master or Valor?

On 2/3/2017 at 8:30 AM, flamebreak said:

How would you rate Shalehusk Boots compared to Cannon Master or Valor?

They are nice, I use them when I go to BrD to farm before I farm scholo/strath for the other boots

17 minutes ago, firedrop said:

why no ardent custodian?

I did not include it due to its poor damage, and at the time the list was made daggers reigned supreme. You dont really wanna compromise damage (threat) too much in favor of defensive stats, you'll want a healthy mix.

tldr: its not bad, but not good enough.

Can you mention any major differences in the gear on here on the Elysium server versus Anathema server? Aside from the T1 gear being dogshit on Elysium for tanks, there are only minor differences for the most part like a few more +def on many items, but there are examples like the Naglering which is trash on Elysium but is solid on Anathema (or if it doesn't have the good tank stats there yet it will soon).

Edited by zmandude24

52 minutes ago, zmandude24 said:

Can you mention any major differences in the gear on here on the Elysium server versus Anathema server? Aside from the T1 gear being dogshit on Elysium for tanks, there are only minor differences for the most part like a few more +def on many items, but there are examples like the Naglering which is trash on Elysium but is solid on Anathema (or if it doesn't have the good tank stats there yet it will soon).

I dont have any pre-1.4 stats readily available in my head so I cant really say. Just check db.vanillagaming.org against the items ingame thru Atlas.

49 minutes ago, fearless01 said:

I need a updated prot spec, the link does not work... Thanks

Works for me. Probably an issue on your end.

On 11.1.2017 at 10:04 AM, Storfan said:

Dagger tanking isnt a thing anymore due to rage-revamp, you are better off with a slow weapon for most fights except for Vaelstrasz.

I've got a few noob-questions for you regarding this:

What do you mean with rage-capped?

What is the difference in rage(generation i presume) pre/post revamp?

If dagger tanking is no longer a thing, why is this list so full of daggers?

11 minutes ago, Bahro said:

I've got a few noob-questions for you regarding this:

What do you mean with rage-capped?

What is the difference in rage(generation i presume) pre/post revamp?

If dagger tanking is no longer a thing, why is this list so full of daggers?

1. You are rage-capped if you got more rage than you can spend allowing you to SPAM heroicstrike forever.

2. The difference is that rage from incoming damage is now ALOT lower. Previously you'd be rage-capped almost constantly and this has been a common bug/error on many ManGoS-servers which resulted in tanks prefering daggers.

3. This list was originally made by me on the old nost-forums and this one is just a repost made by some other guy who seems to have quit, so the thread hasnt been updated in a long time.

What is better for tanking- Quel'Serrar or Ironfoe? Says Ironfoe is bis at the top of the guide, however Quel'Serrar is mentioned first in the list.

2 hours ago, Mauv said:

What is better for tanking- Quel'Serrar or Ironfoe? Says Ironfoe is bis at the top of the guide, however Quel'Serrar is mentioned first in the list.

It's situational. Quel'Serrar is best for defensive purposes while Ironfoe is best when ever survival isnt much of an issue and you'll want to put out as much threat as possible.

Basically, Ironfoe will be the better choice in 9/10 situations. In vanilla threat is often more of an issue than tanks dying.

14 hours ago, Storfan said:

It's situational. Quel'Serrar is best for defensive purposes while Ironfoe is best when ever survival isnt much of an issue and you'll want to put out as much threat as possible.

Basically, Ironfoe will be the better choice in 9/10 situations. In vanilla threat is often more of an issue than tanks dying.

Thank you Storfan! Also, it says that Crusader should be enchanted on weps with speed 2.0+, however later it says that it should be Lifestealing if you have Ironfoe. So just to make clear, Lifestealing is best for Ironfoe tanking and NOT crusader? (TPS-wise)

Edited by Mauv

+15 Agility on your mitigation weapon.  Crusader on your TPS weapon.  You do not have infinite rage.  So Crusader is needed to fuel stronger white hits = more rage = more threat gaining abilities.

Edited by Undertanker

3 hours ago, Undertanker said:

+15 Agility on your mitigation weapon.  Crusader on your TPS weapon.  You do not have infinite rage.  So Crusader is needed to fuel stronger white hits = more rage = more threat gaining abilities.

Thanks Undertanker for making it clear!

5 hours ago, Mauv said:

Thank you Storfan! Also, it says that Crusader should be enchanted on weps with speed 2.0+, however later it says that it should be Lifestealing if you have Ironfoe. So just to make clear, Lifestealing is best for Ironfoe tanking and NOT crusader? (TPS-wise)

I went with Lifesteal on it because it can proc off the weapons procs, there's wasnt much science or calculations behind the decision honestly. Also with Ironfoe proc being nerfed now it would probably be a good idea to go Crusader. I've been 2h fury for a while now so havnt really given it much thought. As a side note, certain bosses will with Shadow vulnerability, Nightfall etc take ALOT of damage from lifesteal procs.

48 minutes ago, Storfan said:

certain bosses will ....take ALOT of damage from lifesteal procs.

Get a Deathbringer with lifestealing for this purpose only if this your argument for using lifestealing. 

10 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

Get a Deathbringer with lifestealing for this purpose only if this your argument for using lifestealing. 

Yeah, I havnt had much luck in that department. Earlier as a tank it was always going to fury warriors first (horde, orc and all that) and now as fury I dont really care for it anyways since im 2h-fury. Hopefully I'll get my last binding soon anyways and if not I may go for Crulshorukh.

I think you will need to update the weapons to the non-ragecapped threat weapons since I see so many nub tanks with Alcor's/Finkles on Elysium.

14 hours ago, zmandude24 said:

I think you will need to update the weapons to the non-ragecapped threat weapons since I see so many nub tanks with Alcor's/Finkles on Elysium.

I'm the original poster but I cant edit this thread as it is a re-post.

You can create a new thread and we can remove this one, since Mitycircin seems to have gone inactive.

2 hours ago, Pottu said:

You can create a new thread and we can remove this one, since Mitycircin seems to have gone inactive.

I think that will be needed at this point. I'm tired of "leet MTs" praising Alcor's on Elysium even though there isn't a single boss that hits near hard enough to make it worth using, unless maybe you tank raggy with no fire resist like a nub.