Sign in to follow this  
Mitycircin

[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants(Updated to Patch 1.8)

Due to popular demand and having gotten a few requests I have made this Pre-Raid-BiS-List for Fury warriors aswell. The items are listed in order-of-value, meaning higher up the list is better. Some items can be moved up and down the list depending on other gear choices, set-bonuses, hitcap etc. I have also included at few specs and enchant suggestions.

Specs and talents:
- Cookie cutter (17/34) Fury build
- Alternative (17/34) fury build with Piercing howl
- 2handed fury (20/31) build

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEAR:

Helms:
- Lionheart Helm (BoE, crafted by BS) - BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Champion's Plate Helm (PvP Rank10 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Mask of the Unforgiven (The Unforgiven, Strat-Living)

Necks:
- Mark of Fordring (Quest reward, Tirion Fordring quest chain, EPL).
- Imperial Jewel (Emperor, BRD).
- Will of the Martyr (Quest reward, Aurius' Reckoning, Strat-Living/UD).

Shoulders:
- Truestrike Shoulders (Pyroguard Emberseer, UBRS).
- Abyssal Leather/Mail/Plate Epaulets (Silithus 5man bosses and/or AH)
- Razorsteel Shoulders (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Take the trinket instead!
- Black Dragonscale Shoulders (BoE, Crafted by LW). Only viable when combined with other set pieces!
- Champion's Plate Shoulders (PvP Rank10 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Defiler's Plate Spaulders (AB, exalted).

Cloaks:
- Cape of the Black Baron (Baron Rivendare, Strat-UD).
- Deathguard's Cloak (AB, exalted).

Chests:
- Black Dragonscale Breastplate (BoE, Crafted by LW) Only viable when combined with other set pieces!
- Legionnaire's Plate Hauberk (PvP Rank8 reward). Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!
- Breastplate of Bloodthirst (Quest reward, Everlook).
- Ogre Forged Hauberk (Tribute chest, DM-North).
- Deathdealer Breastplate (Vault of the seven, BRD).
- Cadaverous Armor (Several bosses, Scholo).

Bracers:
- Berserker Bracers (WSG exalted).
- Battleborn Armbraces (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS).

Gloves:
- Edgemaster's Handguards (BoE) BiS for all races until Gauntlets of Annihilation When most of your attacks are converted in Heroic strikes and glancing becomes a smaller issue
- Devilsaur Gauntlets (BoE, Crafter by LW) Combine with Leggings for set-bonus!
- Voone's Vice Grips (Quest reward, LBRS).
- Reiver Claws (Overlord Wyrmthalak, LBRS).

Belt:
- Omokk's Girth Restrainer (Quest reward, LBRS).
- Defiler's Plate Girdle (AB, Honored).

Legs:
- Cloudkeeper Legplates (BoE).
- Devilsaur Leggings (BoE, Crafted by LW) Combine with Gloves for set-bonus!
- Abyssal Leather/Mail/Plate Legplates (BoE, Silithus 5man bosses and/or AH)
- Legionnaire's Plate Leggings Combine with one more piece for 40ap set bonus!

Boots:
- Black Dragonscale Boots (BoE, Crafted by LW) Only viable when combined with other set pieces!                                                                                                                            

- Battlechaser's Greaves (BoE).
- Pads of the Dread Wolf (Halycon, LBRS).
- Swiftwalker Boots (Princess Moira Bronzebeard, BRD).

Ring #1:
- Don Julio's Band (AV, Exalted).
- Blackstone Ring (Princess Theradras, Maraudon).
- Tarnished Elven Ring (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).

- Painweaver Band (General Drakisath, Upper Blackrock Spire)

Ring #2:
- Don Julio's Band (AV, Exalted).
- Blackstone Ring (Princess Theradras, Maraudon).
- Tarnished Elven Ring (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).

- Painweaver Band (General Drakisath, Upper Blackrock Spire)

Trinket #1:
- Hand of Justice (Emperor, BRD) BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Diamond Flask (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Used for fights lasting around 1min.
- Blackhand's Breadth (Quest reward, UBRS).
- Rune of the Guard Captain (Quest reward, Jintha'alor, Hinterlands) HORDE ONLY!
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom (Quest reward, elementals deck, Darkmoon Faire).

Trinket #2:
- Hand of Justice (Emperor, BRD) BiS through all content in vanilla.
- Diamond Flask (Quest reward, lvl50 warrior quest in ST). Used for fights lasting around 1min.
- Blackhand's Breadth (Quest reward, UBRS).
- Rune of the Guard Captain (Quest reward, Jintha'alor, Hinterlands) HORDE ONLY!
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom (Quest reward, elementals deck, Darkmoon Faire).

Mainhand Weapon:
- Ironfoe (Emperor, BRD). With Devilsaur set and not with Edgemasters.
- Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS). Combine with OH for 50ap set-bonus!
- Krol Blade (BoE) As Human and/or with Edgemasters.
- Axe of the Deep Woods As Orc and/or with Edgemasters.
- Frostbite (AV, Revered).
- Thrash Blade (Quest reward, Desolace/Maraudon).

Offhand Weapon:
- Felstriker (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS).
- Dal'Rend's Tribal Guardian (Warchief Rend Blackhand, UBRS). Combine with MH for 50ap set-bonus!
- Thrash Blade (Quest reward, Desolace/Maraudon). With Ironfoe as MH!
- Flurry Axe (BoE) As Orc.
- The Lobotomizer (AV, Exalted).
- Mirah's Song (Quest reward, Scholo).
- Bonescraper (Baron Rivendare, Strat-UD).

Ranged:
- Satyr's Bow (Zevrim Thornhoof, DM-East).
- Blackcrow (Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin, LBRS).

2h-Weapon:
- The Unstoppable Force (AV, exalted).
- Treant's Bane (Gordok Tribute chest, DM-North).
- Brain Hacker (BoE).
- Barbarous Blade (King Gordok, DM-North).
- Ice Barbed Spear (Quest reward. AV).
- Warblade of Caer Darrow (Quest reward, Scholomance).

Note: Weapon skill is extremely important. Therefore if a Race/Edgemasters is listed next to a weapon it is only in that spot with these items.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENCHANTS:

Helm:
- 1% Haste. (Yes, 1% haste is slightly better due to the fact that %-based-stats scales with your gear while strength is a flat stat only affected by BoK and Zandalari buff). It is also cheaper and easier to obtain. it is important to note that haste is a all or nonthing enchant. This means either you get an extra swing or you dont on a strength enchant. On average haste is better. This is impacting by fight length, when you change targets and when you move away from teh boss e.g Ragnoros)
- 8 str.

Shoulders:
- 5 all resistances.
- 5 fire resistance.

Cloak:
- 3 agi.

Chest:
- 4 all stats.

Bracers:
- 9 str.

Gloves:
- 1% Haste. (Se above explanation of percentage vs flat number stats).
- 7str

Legs:
- 1% Haste.. (Se above explanation of percentage vs flat number stats).
- 8 str.

Boots:
- 8% run speed increase. (Mobility is alot better than 7agi).

Mainhand Weapon:
- Crusader (No question about this one).

Offhand Weapon 2.0 Speed or slower:
- Crusader

Offhand Weapon 1.9 Speed or faster:
- 15str (due to the PPM-nature of Crusader, and offhand not producing any special attacks that aren't affected by PPM, 15str is probably the better choice for fast Offhands).

2h Weapon:
- Crusader

Credit goes to St0rfan

Edited by Mitycircin
Correction of Errors

Please note that Ironfoe will be of lesser value on Elysium due to the nerf it has gotten (assuming it is kept in place with Nostalrius-merge). It will still be pre-raid bis though.

What? Is the Ironfoe proc rate still 10% or did the elysium staff caved to all the cry babies from kronos? I ran a few simulations myself and found out that Ironfoe is not as good as everyone claims to be, it's amazing for human warriors but as a non-human, that basically allows you to skip edgemasters.

Edited by Zarant

What? Is the Ironfoe proc rate still 10% or did the elysium staff caved to all the cry babies from kronos? I ran a few simulations myself and found out that Ironfoe is not as good as everyone claims to be, it's amazing for human warriors but as a non-human, that basically allows you to skip edgemasters.

Evidence supports that Ironfoe does infact have a much lower proc-rate than the 10% base-line that seems to be common on most private servers. It also makes sense considering just how OP it is with 10% proc-rate.

Can someone explain to me why this 2 hander is not mentioned? http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13285   The Nicker is 4.0 speed... Am i the only one missing this?

Weaponspeed is of little interest for 2h fury, that's an "arms-thing".

haste enchants are sh­it

ironfoe sucks

no painweaver band?

why u even link black dragonscale sh­it it sucks

spec is wrong

cadaverous is better chest than all those except maybe r8 shoulder+chest combo(only once the pvp sets are updated.. which might not be until aq on the new server)

felstriker sucks

for ppl rolling on new server some of these items wont be out; silithus shoulders/flask/bg rep rewards and some have sh­it stats until they get changed like vice grips etc

Edited by slippery

haste enchants are sh­it

ironfoe sucks

no painweaver band?

why u even link black dragonscale sh­it it sucks

spec is wrong

cadaverous is better chest than all those except maybe r8 shoulder+chest combo(only once the pvp sets are updated.. which might not be until aq on the new server)

felstriker sucks

for ppl rolling on new server some of these items wont be out; silithus shoulders/flask/bg rep rewards and some have sh­it stats until they get changed like vice grips etc

- Haste is equal-ish to 7str/8str, depends on buffs and gear scaling.

- Ironfoe is DOPE (but alot worse if its "fixed" on this server).

- Painweaver band didnt exist in the patch Nostalrius was when the original thread was made.

- Dragonscale items wasnt bad in the patch Nostalius was when the original thread was made.

- Why is the spec bad? If you have a better suggestion please post it and lets hope the OP of this thread will edit.

- With full raid/world/consumable buffs and touching critcap, yea Cadaverous is probably better.

- Felstriker is probably over-valued yes, I never got it on Nostalrius so didnt get the chance to test out its proc-rate.

If you have any calculations regarding the haste enchant, feel free to enlighten me, I always sucked at gaussian distribution - probability.

A 1% haste enchant can make the difference if you get one more additional full swing on a target before it dies. If your swingtimer is 2 seconds and the boss dies after 1.99 seconds, you would be able to hit that boss 1x without a haste enchant and 2x with at least 1 haste enchant. Its not like an encounter has to take at least X seconds before you benefit from haste, its rather a matter of when exactly the fight ends and the probability of a fight ending when it benefits someone with a haste enchant vs the small benefit of +7/8 str/agi. Anyone please? :D.

Ironfoe... didnt it grant 3 extra attacks in the early patches of nost or is alzheimer catching up to me?

- Haste is equal-ish to 7str/8str, depends on buffs and gear scaling.

- Ironfoe is DOPE (but alot worse if its "fixed" on this server).

- Painweaver band didnt exist in the patch Nostalrius was when the original thread was made.

- Dragonscale items wasnt bad in the patch Nostalius was when the original thread was made.

- Why is the spec bad? If you have a better suggestion please post it and lets hope the OP of this thread will edit.

- With full raid/world/consumable buffs and touching critcap, yea Cadaverous is probably better.

- Felstriker is probably over-valued yes, I never got it on Nostalrius so didnt get the chance to test out its proc-rate.

haste is sh­it and painweaver band was 100% in at launch, it dropped in server first ubrs with harm/maitoz etc

dragonscale is bad compared to other items you can get at launch - cadaverous + devilsaur + lionheart >>>>>>>>>>>> dragonscale its just not worth crafting and the boot pattern is rare iirc

spec is wrong and if ppl cant see why they arent gonna own neways

all you need is 305 to put you in a different damage formula calc. otherwise you're just gaining glancing blow damage. use sac gauntlets instead.

completely wrong and tested in blasted lands on the 63 felguards for hrs on nostalrius

offhand glance dmg is one of the most important things to do high dps as fury

kys noob

Edited by slippery

completely wrong and tested in blasted lands on the 63 felguards for hrs on nostalrius

offhand glance dmg is one of the most important things to do high dps as fury

kys noob

lol, okay kiddo. Grab that 14% boost on glancing hits instead of the 40 ap/crit/hit bonus which affects your yellows. stack enough world buffs and consumables and you'll only be glancing on your offhand.

Like Slippery said, edgemasters is still very usefull.   310 is what you are going for, so you'll take 312 with those.   311-315 is when the benefit becomes much smaller, not the 306-310 range.  While the gain is smaller than 301-305, it is still worth the cost of other stats.

The alternative is getting Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight which puts you at 309 human which then you can use different gloves.

As horde, an UD/troll/Tauren would be going for Edgemasters and Maladath.    Orc would benefit for a long time on less gear competition vs those who picked other races for DPS and stick with Axe and get Edgemasters.

Don't hate on the edgemasters just cause you gotta farm more gold than an epic mount to get a pair.

What would be interesting to see is the math behind:

Rage of Mugamba and Marshal's Plate Gauntlets on an Orc Warrior using x2 High Warlord's Cleaver for 5 rage hamstring spam to get more WF procs, vs normal dps neck and edgemasters.

Edited by Undertanker

lol, okay kiddo. Grab that 14% boost on glancing hits instead of the 40 ap/crit/hit bonus which affects your yellows. stack enough world buffs and consumables and you'll only be glancing on your offhand.

in a worldbuffed critcapped raid the the most important thing about ur character is how much ur offhand glancing blows hit for, think about it a bit im sure ull understand the reason

Haste isn't worth, you maybe get an extra 1-2 autos during a fight as opposed to STR which affects all of your abilities.

For your specs, going anger management is too good not to have (It generates 1 rage per 3 seconds), so probably take a point out of imp OP for that. Also, assuming every meme group has 2 fury warriors I'd suggest one go 5/5 imp battleshout and the other go imp cleave with piercing howl.

Edited by Studalert

Haste isn't worth, you maybe get an extra 1-2 autos during a fight.

Well that is simply wrong. Id love to see a proper discussion about this though.

Edited by Aslan

Haste isn't worth, you maybe get an extra 1-2 autos during a fight as opposed to STR which affects all of your abilities.

For your specs, going anger management is too good not to have (It generates 1 rage per 3 seconds), so probably take a point out of imp OP for that. Also, assuming every meme group has 2 fury warriors I'd suggest one go 5/5 imp battleshout and the other go imp cleave with piercing howl.

Haste is worth it. Haste enchants scale with your gear, strength enchants do not. And if your guild requires you to get world buffs for progression raiding, you're truly screwing yourself over.

I believe someone made a detailed post on why haste enchants are better than strength enchants on nostalrius forums with math to back it up.

How many extra auto attacks do you get per 60 seconds 1-2? And you're telling me that haste is better than str in current content with the majority of fights less than 1 minute? Surely haste scales well with gear, but we're far from that (along with longer fights). Basically STR > haste with current content and gear.

How many extra auto attacks do you get per 60 seconds 1-2?

One last time: thats not how you determine the benefit of haste. Feel free to read over my first comment on this thread. To make an easy exemple that nobody can misunderstand:

Warrior 1 has a swingtimer of 2

Warrior 2 has a swingtimer of 2 and 1% haste on gloves

Fight lasts 1.99 seconds. Warrior 1 hits the mob 1x, warrior 2 hits the mob 2x. Now if you dont suck at probability like I do, get your old mathbooks out, head over to gaussian distribution and calculate the probability the that a fight ends within a timeframe that grants a haste user one additional hit over a str user.

Edited by Aslan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but str enchants will give you 3.3 dps increase based on stat weights.

3% haste multiplier vs a flat 3.30 dps increase.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but str enchants will give you 3.3 dps increase based on stat weights.

3% haste multiplier vs a flat 3.30 dps increase.

That still doesnt help without knowing the real benefit from 3% haste. If a fight is shorter than the duration needed for the haste enchant to grant you 1 full additional hit 100% and the fight ends within a time frame that doesnt grant a haste wearer an additional attack in a short fight, haste does nothing.

Haste enchants in short fights have a high potential of not giving any benefit or a slim chance of giving a huge benefit... and all fights in the beginning of raiding are kinda short.

Edited by Aslan

If you have any calculations regarding the haste enchant, feel free to enlighten me, I always sucked at gaussian distribution - probability.

A 1% haste enchant can make the difference if you get one more additional full swing on a target before it dies. If your swingtimer is 2 seconds and the boss dies after 1.99 seconds, you would be able to hit that boss 1x without a haste enchant and 2x with at least 1 haste enchant. Its not like an encounter has to take at least X seconds before you benefit from haste, its rather a matter of when exactly the fight ends and the probability of a fight ending when it benefits someone with a haste enchant vs the small benefit of +7/8 str/agi. Anyone please? :D.

Ironfoe... didnt it grant 3 extra attacks in the early patches of nost or is alzheimer catching up to me?

Technically the way haste works is that based on duration of your attack period, it can build up towards an extra swing. The numbers you have referenced are very optimal to prove your value of haste, as it allows the person with 1% attack speed to get that second hit in. Although if we were to tweak the number slightly, to 2 seconds for the mobs to die; both players are able to hit the mob twice. In this case the one with more +str instead of the 1% haste will do more damage. 

The way you would work out haste vs str with averages over a large number of swings. 1% increase in attack speed on a 2.00 wep means it has a attack speed of 1.98 sec. This means that every 200 seconds that you are engaged, you will perform 1 extra swing (101 hits) if you have 1.98 speed as opposed to someone with 2.00 speed (100 hits). To keep this example simple let's not consider the probability of glancing/miss/dodge/parry/crit/etc and assume that you have a perfect 100% chance to hit. So if Y (100 hits) is the damage you cause and X (extra hit) is the extra damage you gained from that 1 weapon swing; your total damage for the duration is Y+X. 

If you had extra str in the place of the 1% haste, you will manage 100 hits over that same period, but will be doing a small amount of damage more each hit. So what is happening is that your final damage may also be Y+X but it is different in how the X damage is delivered (each hit is doing X/100 extra damage).

Now what this means in terms of scaling for the glove enchant. The 8 str to gloves is static and will increase your damage by a set amount; this means that X/100 value that is added to each hit will be static extra dmg regardless of any upgrades.

Where as the 1% haste will increase in value as you get better gear and weapons. This is because that extra attack that is performed by the player will increase in damage as gear increases. Thus at some uncalculated point will overtake the value of the damage provided by that +8 str.

The longer the fight goes on, your probability of having an extra swing during the fight increases; till you hit a critical point where you are guaranteed to have had an extra swing during the fight. Once you reach the critical point, the probability goes to 0 and then increases again over the same time interval.

There is also risk mitigation factor built into str compared to haste, as your extra str contributes to doing extra damage every hit, so you are getting accretion in your damage contributions from that extra Str. Where as with haste your playing with risk on that 1 swing, if it is dodged/parried/miss then you do the same damage during the period as someone without a enchant.

This is a very simple breakdown of it for explanation purposes. Factors such as fight duration/Dodge/Parry/Miss/Crit all play a significant part in these calculations. I may do a proper breakdown if there is interest for it. 

TLDR: 1% haste, depending on wep speed, fight duration, gear, rng has a chance of providing more damage than +8 str.

Edited by Roflcakes