Shadowscout

Dungeon Group finder addon 1.2.1

Hi I remeber when I first played Vanilla wow everyone on my server used Call to Arms addon to find Dungeon groups before meeting stones where deployed.  What Was primary used in Nost. and Elysium? If more then one was used which do you expect to be most popular? 

World chat.... usually.... lmao

Yes and It was so much fun especially in the barrens. Call to arms addon on made such a huge difference. Unless it was high end progression 5-man groups. You had to sit in a main city and spam.

I used Call to Arms on Nost PvP. Even if Players dont have it, it filters all chats you are in so its always good to have. Can remember seeing at least 60-80 LFG Messages any daytime.

http://addons.us.to/addon/calltoarms

Also nice is, CtA filters the chat even it is inactive. So just join the world and lfg channel and inactive it. World chat normally get spammed very heavily.

Edited by ateni

yeah id highly suggest staying the hell away from world chat for the most part unless you absolutely need to lmao :P

what exactly does call to arms do? I've never used an addon for this kinda фекал I've always had to brave the cancer that is world chat. does it just show people who are looking for group or something?

World chat is life don't listen to this heathen. 

Would Say that I am more against the LFD tools that were cross realm and teleported you to a dungeon. Personally I will just be using world chat.

how does it work? and thanks for making that assumption btw.

Imagine that you list yourself that you are looking for group for BRD and you are DPS. Others that have the same addon installed, will see that you are available and may invite you to group. The same works if you have already a group and you are looking for members. It is like announcing at world chat "LFM, BRD 1 tank and go!".

I like the addon since it can relieve the clutter from world chat. I tottaly suggest players to use it.

"Calls to arms is a version of LFD. Though you people were against this tool."

It's the cross realm and teleporting people should be against.

"Calls to arms is a version of LFD. Though you people were against this tool."

It's the cross realm and teleporting people should be against.

Indeed, I realized that after I made the post :) 

I might use this addon, spamming world chat will do nothing if there are thousands of others spamming aswell.

While leveling, most of the instances you will be doing will be in a zone you and many others getting the instance chain quest will be in. /1 General chat should suffice, maybe join /world for a moment and leave after sending a LFM message if needed.

That is why this addon is good you don't have to read all spam in world but addon is reading it instead of you in background. If some one type "lfg rfc tank" or "lf trib" it will understand this and many other combinations

Edited by Hazar

While leveling, most of the instances you will be doing will be in a zone you and many others getting the instance chain quest will be in. /1 General chat should suffice, maybe join /world for a moment and leave after sending a LFM message if needed.

I'm usually with you on the forums Undertanker, but on this one... World chat was heavily spammed with memes and if you weren't eagle eyeing chat, you would miss solid groups. I'm the type to join preformed groups and this tool may help me sift through the nonsense.

If it works like they say...

I'm usually with you on the forums Undertanker, but on this one... World chat was heavily spammed with memes and if you weren't eagle eyeing chat, you would miss solid groups. I'm the type to join preformed groups and this tool may help me sift through the nonsense.

Agreed, on a high pop realm chat will be filled with stupid фекал all the time :D

I have spent 5 hours on Kronos polishing group recognise logic some new rules compare to version 1.2.1. Like SM=Library. Because originally there wasn't any rules for SM word. Anyway no one wants to know all technical details. Basically I achieved 99% accuracy staying in city for 1 hour horde and 1 hour alliance side. If slang on Nostalrius is different I will release 1.2.1b version.

Only one problem about this addon is Dire maul or Dead mines. Nothing can do about it

Edited by Hazar

Dire maul is usually followed by another letter. DME DMW DAN or a string DM North, etc. I'm no developer, but that's the language I see. I wish we could all go back to "VC"

Only one problem about this addon is Dire maul or Dead mines. Nothing can do about it

Well, fwiw 90% of all the people looking for mates or a group for Deadmines are just using /1 in Westfall and not the /world channel, so the problem should only arise seldomly.

Am  I the only one who never had problems with seeing all the groups.

I guess I must have good eyes.

I prefer this. I think it's good to get your name out there in "General Chat". You will start to see people talking more and it's a great way to meet people and see what type of person they are.

General chat has always worked very well, never took longer than 10 minutes to build a group unless it was after 2am.

It also starts off the group on the right foot, with COMMUNICATION

I prefer this. I think it's good to get your name out there in "General Chat". You will start to see people talking more and it's a great way to meet people and see what type of person they are.

This is why I will be forming my groups most of the time. People will remember you if you lead the group, have a smooth run and do your job well. Pretty much guaranteed a spot in a decent top raiding guild this way.