Zakkur

Warlock Griefing Allowed?

Hi, is it allowed for lets say me and a bunch of other warlocks summoning infernos and doomguards on beginner towns?

Hi, is it allowed for lets say me and a bunch of other warlocks summoning infernos and doomguards on beginner towns?

This isn't the fun way to find out.

They only cared if you did it in protected zones. In PVP zones, I've never seen them give a фекал. My guild would have 5 Warlocks go at once to Redridge, and drop these things all over the place. Then we'd camp for 1h to get the CD back, trying to defend the infernos, and drop a bunch more before we left. We've never once been messaged by GMs, not even when guarding the infernos for a full hour, then dropping a second set.

But that was on Nost; who knows if things will be different here. I haven't read through the rules they've posted over here.

You can't do it in starter zones. Like Northshire. Goldshire should be fair game though. Everywhere else is fine.

Besides, its more fun watching the lowbies have a fighting chance.

Edited by Kharodin

I thought it would be hilarious if a raid of warlocks roamed the protected zones summoning infernos and doom guards everywhere.

on nost you couldn't do it in valley of trials (initial start zone), but lots lots of players died at razor hill/brill/UC throne room for hours straight, thanks to certain warlocks :D

it's warlock roleplay

From what I read in the rules...it's only the starting zones (Northshire, ect.) That much I can understand (puts off any new players) but outside that...I figure it's fine. That's my interpretation at least.

goldshire is technically a starter zone aswell..... your only lvl 5-6 by the time you go there lol. what exactly is the difference between griefing a lvl 1 area and greifing a lvl 5 area?  the fact that you've played for 30 minutes before you go there? lol I'm not following the logic on that one.

What exactly is the difference between a level 1 and a level 30 zone to a level 60 infernal? lol im not following the logic on that one.

Protected means the owner's faction does not flag PVP, and cannot be attacked unless they attack you first. In these zones, grieving people's quest towns/NPCs/etc was prohibited. This doesn't mean you can't come kill something every now and then; nor will anyone care if you kill a low level idiot that flagged himself attacking you. But if you keep dumping infernos here, or camped something for a while, a GM would come tell you to stop and eventually suspend your account. If you want to farm those elemental whirly swirls in Westfall for instance, and low levels are attacking you... it's not "grieving" to send them to the graveyard.

Contested means everyone is flagged PVP, and is targetable. They did not care about grieving in these. You could camp a town or any NPCs all day, until the enemy faction forced you to stop. They expected the faction itself to deal with the problem.

Protected zones:

Elwynn Forest, Westfall

Dun Morogh, Loch Modan

Treehugger island and its nearly shore

Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest

Durotar, Barrens (north)

Mulgore, Barrens (south)

Barrens is a 2 in 1 because of its size.

Non protected zones:

Everywhere else in the game.

Common sence people.

If its fun and not damaging the server in any kind of way = ok

If its "fun" and damaging the server in any kind of way (f.e griefing fresh spawns) = not ok.

Edited by Kazuma

You know you're a bad person when you find fun in ruining everyones day when you have the option to go play endgame content.

I mean, ganking is a part of wow but, come on now... starting zones?

Your lack of values triggers me, our commander and chief Thrall is going to make the horde great again!

It was fun too see lvl 1 banker bots are burning at the AH.  Should not be allowed in starter zones, but it's fine anywhere else.

Are you sure? I swear I remember turning off PvE in Redridge when Lakeshire got invaded by 100 level 60s on Nost. I couldn't do anything as all the quest givers were dead but I couldn't be attacked. Maybe my memory is broken lol.

Are you sure? I swear I remember turning off PvE in Redridge when Lakeshire got invaded by 100 level 60s on Nost. I couldn't do anything as all the quest givers were dead but I couldn't be attacked. Maybe my memory is broken lol.

Can't turn off PvP there, so prepare for war

Vizvs1R.jpg

Edited by Winfernal

You know you're a bad person when you find fun in ruining everyones day when you have the option to go play endgame content.

I mean, ganking is a part of wow but, come on now... starting zones?

Your lack of values triggers me, our commander and chief Thrall is going to make the horde great again!

Was just asking b/c when I was leveling, I encountered hostile guards at Senjin Village, infernos at razor hill and doomguards at crossroads. I thought that I would have a chance to return the favor.