<NOPE>

<NOPE> ALLIANCE [EU]

Bye NOPE. It's sad to see worthy competition go.

You stole OG from me for nothing.. 

On 12/18/2016 at 9:52 AM, <NOPE> said:

We have decided to cease operating as a raiding guild on Anathema PvP, and as an organised entity we will be leaving the Elysium Project.  This decision is born from a number of, what we view as, unfortunate events involving Anathema.

• Exodus of Nostalrius Development and Quality Assurance

• Name change from Nostalrius PvP to Anathema

• Questions over corruption

• Server population decline

• Broken promises i.e. AQ40 release, PvP gear stats

• Unrealistic Ahn'Qiraj War Effort requirements

• R12/R13 gear debacle

When all of these events are considered as a whole it has become impossible for us to place any faith in the staff of the Elysium Project and as such it is not tenable to continue here as an active raiding guild.

This made me KEK my pants...

On 18.12.2016 at 6:52 PM, said:

We have decided to cease operating as a raiding guild on Anathema PvP, and as an organised entity we will be leaving the Elysium Project.  This decision is born from a number of, what we view as, unfortunate events involving Anathema.

• Exodus of Nostalrius Development and Quality Assurance

• Name change from Nostalrius PvP to Anathema

• Questions over corruption

• Server population decline

• Broken promises i.e. AQ40 release, PvP gear stats

• Unrealistic Ahn'Qiraj War Effort requirements

• R12/R13 gear debacle

When all of these events are considered as a whole it has become impossible for us to place any faith in the staff of the Elysium Project and as such it is not tenable to continue here as an active raiding guild.

Today , the server is better place to live without <NOPE> and Slippry.

Good Luck and go back  to Feenix where you could abuse in the past and still 40 people Immolation Oil with Spell Damage in BWL Suppression Room.

I heard Crestfall is good server for you ... Go there :D

/Kind regards Killerduki

Edited by killerduki

All you people raging because of NOPE. Get over it.

When they got server firsts, all of you wanted to be them.

When you saw their speed clears, all of you wanted to be with them.

When you saw the feats they accomplished, all of you wanted to be part of it.

And now that they've said enough to all the commotion, broken promises, the entire situation as a whole, the only thing you cant say is that you disagree.

You are all upset only because they took their donation to keep the server going through the summer and left. Simple solution is to get out your own wallets and put money in the coffer. If you all donated 25 cents, there would be enough to keep the server going through this time next year. But nobody wants to open their own wallet up and fund it either. You'd all just sit here and complain and not find your own solution.

How typical.

3 minutes ago, Emptora said:

All you people raging because of NOPE. Get over it.

When they got server firsts, all of you wanted to be them.

When you saw their speed clears, all of you wanted to be with them.

When you saw the feats they accomplished, all of you wanted to be part of it.

And now that they've said enough to all the commotion, broken promises, the entire situation as a whole, the only thing you cant say is that you disagree.

You are all upset only because they took their donation to keep the server going through the summer and left. Simple solution is to get out your own wallets and put money in the coffer. If you all donated 25 cents, there would be enough to keep the server going through this time next year. But nobody wants to open their own wallet up and fund it either. You'd all just sit here and complain and not find your own solution.

How typical.

What are you talking about? They took their donation to keep the server running for February 2017 and charged it back in March. Their only server firsts were Lucifron and Gehennas. They have the fastest clear of MC only. They weren't the only people who donated to the server, but they were the only people that charged back their payments and got the server flagged as fraudulent in the process. No one here wants to be a part of that.

Edited by Lorilay

Fair enough. Back to my original point. Why was NOPE's donation of 2000 dollars all that the server was riding on? There are 10 other well known guilds, and 12000 regulars on the server. You're telling me of all these people, 100 people didn't toss in 10 bucks each? Only point I'm trying to make is that NOPE was paying your fare. You aren't mad at anything besides "your" server being down. Your frustration will be forgotten moments after it returns.

Edited by Emptora

2 minutes ago, Emptora said:

Fair enough. Back to my original point. Why was NOPE's donation of 2000 dollars all that the server was riding on? There are 10 other well known guilds, and 12000 regulars on the server. You're telling me of all these people, 100 people didn't toss in 10 bucks each? Only point I'm trying to make is that NOPE was paying your fare. You aren't mad at anything besides "your" server being down. Your frustration will be forgotten moments after it returns.

Because the server admins here (and on Nost) allowed people to directly pay for server uptime with the host. This was done to increase transparency, rather than having the server staff with some unknown sum of money, but the catch was that people had to pay for an entire month at a time. Elysium opened up a Paypal donation that you could use for smaller donations, and have used that to pay for months on the server that weren't paid for in full by contributors.

If NOPE didn't pay for February, someone else could have, or the staff could have used their Paypal account for smaller donations to pay for it. Instead, NOPE decided to take advantage of that transparency and charge back a payment for a service that was already rendered, resulting in less transparency going forward as the staff here are forced to change how they use donations to pay for the servers. There was never an issue about people not donating enough money to fund the servers in the absence of NOPE's selfish entitlement.

Just now, Emptora said:

But they didn't.

How would they? The reason the servers are down is because someone charged back the payment for last month in March. How would you suggest that someone else go back in time to pay for last month's server time?

8 minutes ago, Emptora said:

You're saying that nobody donated anything? NOPE donated and everyone else washed their hands of it?

I'll try to use short words so you understand. Only one person can pay for a month of server time directly with OVH. Whether that comes from a single person, or from the paypal account of Elysium that they use for smaller donations than a month's cost doesn't matter. The fact that NOPE paid for February doesn't mean that no one else donated, but that their donations weren't used that month. When you charge back a payment, the other sources aren't magically billed for the difference.

Maybe an analogy would help. Let's say your office has a sandwich pool for lunch. Everyone chips in $5 and one person goes to the sandwich store to buy them all with a credit card (just because one person puts it all on their card doesn't mean that no one else chipped in). Now, let's say that your coworker throws a hissy fit and decides to chargeback his purchase from a month ago. The store doesn't have the ability to charge the purchase to someone else, obviously, but instead says that everyone from your office is banned.

Edited by Lorilay

OK, well since you can't understand, I'll reference the instructions from the Financial report, posted by Shenna:

You can help to contribute by:

1) The hosting company we are using allows for anyone to directly pay for server hosting. This way, you are able to renew the servers. However, if you use this option, you must pay for the entire month, and not just a portion of it. Go to the OVH and enter machine ID to renew the servers.

2) Directly to our Paypal account (the link is in the Control Panel: https://elysium-project.org/control/user/donate ).
3) Spreading the word!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read #2... Is that why numerous people on Elysium kicked in 10 dollars here, 5 dollars there... a few bucks here and there...

Right...

1 minute ago, Emptora said:

OK, well since you can't understand, I'll reference the instructions from the Financial report, posted by Shenna:

You can help to contribute by:

1) The hosting company we are using allows for anyone to directly pay for server hosting. This way, you are able to renew the servers. However, if you use this option, you must pay for the entire month, and not just a portion of it. Go to the OVH and enter machine ID to renew the servers.

2) Directly to our Paypal account (the link is in the Control Panel: https://elysium-project.org/control/user/donate ).
3) Spreading the word!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read #2... Is that why numerous people on Elysium kicked in 10 dollars here, 5 dollars there... a few bucks here and there...

Right...

That's exactly what I stated in my posts. I don't understand what you're trying to argue here.

OK so I'll dumb this down for you. If I really cared about the server, like so many people here who want to hate on NOPE do... I'd say "wow, NOPE really cares, they kicked in 2000 bucks... I could do without my pizza and 2 liter of Coke, I'll just kick in 10 bucks and get pizza next week... That way if something falls through, there is a pillow for the server to fall on and all the eggs aren't in one basket" *opens wallet, deposits 10 dollars into paypal*

*Shenna logs on and finds funds in the PayPal* "Oh my, I'll put this toward the server"

Make sense yet?

Theres an option other than case #1 in that... People could've (should've) donated via PayPal. But instead, all the eggs were in one basket. Now all the eggs are on the ground broken.

Just now, Emptora said:

OK so I'll dumb this down for you. If I really cared about the server, like so many people here who want to hate on NOPE do... I'd say "wow, NOPE really cares, they kicked in 2000 bucks... I could do without my pizza and 2 liter of Coke, I'll just kick in 10 bucks and get pizza next week... That way if something falls through, there is a pillow for the server to fall on and all the eggs aren't in one basket" *opens wallet, deposits 10 dollars into paypal*

*Shenna logs on and finds funds in the PayPal* "Oh my, I'll put this toward the server"

Make sense yet?

Theres an option other than case #1 in that... People could've (should've) donated via PayPal. But instead, all the eggs were in one basket. Now all the eggs are on the ground broken.

People did (and still do) donate through Paypal. If someone pays OVH directly (option 1) and then fraudulently charges back a server payment, there's no way for the Elysium Paypal account to be automatically billed to make up the difference.