<NOPE>

<NOPE> ALLIANCE [EU]

11 hours ago, TTL said:

They should have never charged back their donations, they were donations.... too bad if the circumstances have changed that's just life. Alexensual donated $1000 to Elysium which he advertised for on a stream... only to charge it back and use it for himself, money he likely would have never even got as a donation if it wasn't meant to go to Elysium so I'm surprised he even has 1 subscriber right now.

Alex's circumstances show he is the scum of the Earth. He took other people's money and ran with it. If any of those people chose to press charges he could easily be arrested for fraud, deception, and theft.

11 hours ago, TTL said:

My personal opinion is they planned to abuse and jump ahead of things and were extremely disappointed when they found out the war efforts were higher and the AQ items were changed to make it how it should have been made... this should have been expected since it should be blizzlike, having people stock up 100k of supplies before hand would defeat the purpose.

Abuse what how? Be the first to complete the entire Shifting Sands questline? Sure. Who doesn't? But abuse or exploit what? And I don't blame ANYONE for being disappointed about the war effort. There are some expectations that it could takes several several months, possibly a year to complete this on the player's parts alone. That isn't by any means Blizzlike.

11 hours ago, TTL said:

I would completely disagree with you. While I can respect their disagreements with Elysium I find throwing a tantrum and acting like your above everyone else will only produce negative results like Alexensual who thinks he can just boss around staff because he has a lot of influence, unfortunately a lot of high end guilds act the same way across many games.

NOPE's reputation and attitude may have changed since I left this realm. But when I was here, they were a quiet guild and choosy on their members. OK? Who isn't. Again, they may have changed since December when I went to Elysium. If so, so be it. But what they did and Alex did are two different things.

11 hours ago, Morathe said:

Can every <NOPE> member also upload a video where they show they delete gear and then characters? I'd like to be sure you are gone for good and its not just another attention whores move you guys apparently excel at. 

Hey Morathe!  Sure thing friend, I'll get our guys on it right away. Appreciate the support everyone's showing us in these dark times!

Edited by Sulg

Indeed, this is a poor reasoning to call it quits. I'm very disappointed to say the least.
I'd have understood the argument of lacking faith in the elyisum team, when they deliver an absolutely horrific AQ release. But having an inflated war effort is now almost tradition for private servers (of course this event is absolutely shit from a players perspective) - But why not just go with it?

After all the hardships one experiences playing private vanilla, this is a minor bump in the road. What makes your gameplay great is the company of your fellow players and the challenges to overcome. Seems to me like you ran from this one and it's just the result of a collective depression about a server that still provided a healthy number of active players, but lacked the feeling of excitement. (The result of an extreme alliance bias in the endgame that can be witnessed by checking out the amount of active guilds on realmplayers. I'm still wondering how anyone could be excited in that situation for such a long time.)

However I don't blame you personally, I would have done the same thing for different reasons.
Afterall I have always been wondering what it would take to stop tryhards /w good pvpers to play the dominant faction.

Now that I have the answer, I'm left sober about ever having a competitve environment in this game.( Ok I lied, I'm aware of that for years now)

Anyway this wasn't supposed to be a rant,

I enjoyed the occasional warsong clashes that were ever so rare. 
Because yes, it is a travesty how hard it was to get a good lineup to even do this once every new moon.

I wish you the best and good luck with your future endeavours.

so far,

Nuar

9 minutes ago, Nuar said:

Indeed, this is a poor reasoning to call it quits. I'm very disappointed to say the least.
I'd have understood the argument of lacking faith in the elyisum team, when they deliver an absolutely horrific AQ release. But having an inflated war effort is now almost tradition for private servers (of course this event is absolutely shit from a players perspective) - But why not just go with it?

After all the hardships one experiences playing private vanilla, this is a minor bump in the road. What makes your gameplay great is the company of your fellow players and the challenges to overcome. Seems to me like you ran from this one and it's just the result of a collective depression about a server that still provided a healthy number of active players, but lacked the feeling of excitement. (The result of an extreme alliance bias in the endgame that can be witnessed by checking out the amount of active guilds on realmplayers. I'm still wondering how anyone could be excited in that situation for such a long time.)

However I don't blame you personally, I would have done the same thing for different reasons.
Afterall I have always been wondering what it would take to stop tryhards /w good pvpers to play the dominant faction.

Now that I have the answer, I'm left sober about ever having a competitve environment in this game.( Ok I lied, I'm aware of that for years now)

Anyway this wasn't supposed to be a rant,

I enjoyed the occasional warsong clashes that were ever so rare. 
Because yes, it is a travesty how hard it was to get a good lineup to even do this once every new moon.

I wish you the best and good luck with your future endeavours.

so far,

Nuar

its funny because right after we quit

the server shut down for 48 hrs straight randomly, causing another strange donation beg post(how many in 3months now?)

they announced another shit fucking custom event then reneged on that instantly when it blew up in their face

the last vocal sign of nostalrius resigned(rip potters)

the pop dropped below 2k for the first time

looks like our decision proved to be the right one, huh?

4 minutes ago, disgusting said:

its funny because right after we quit

the server shut down for 48 hrs straight randomly, causing another strange donation beg post(how many in 3months now?)

they announced another shit fucking custom event then reneged on that instantly when it blew up in their face

the last vocal sign of nostalrius resigned(rip potters)

the pop dropped below 2k for the first time

looks like our decision proved to be the right one, huh?

I understand why you guys quit but why drag the rest of us down?

5 minutes ago, Plask said:

I understand why you guys quit but why drag the rest of us down?

I really wish I could figure out why our guild is being blamed for that donation shit. The fact shenna even worded it that way is downright ridiculous.

From what I know no one in NOPE has donated to the server. No one has claimed to donate anything, let alone to charge back a single thing. There was some american guild that quit the same time as us, might want to see if it was them.\

its disgusting that our guild is catching the blame for this shit when there is no reason to think it was us other than some bullshit wording from the moneymongering administration, maybe they worded it that way in an attempt to rile up some donations

Edited by disgusting

@disgusting
Not gonna lie, I'm not that involved to keep track of what happens here anymore.
But since those events followed up your decision and weren't stated as the cause for your breakup,
I won't /didn't take them into account.

Influental guilds quitting on a server, will draw major backlashes from the community we all know that.
Plask didn't accuse you of charging back the donation. - It's much rather the ongoing trash talk about a project that is "supposed" to be shady.
Yet, the arguments are all strawmans and rage fueled accusations.

However after all the drama around the project that was stirred by the community (cancerous reddit boys & alexensual) and blown up to be a huge thing, I'm not amazed by the resignments that happened in the staff recently. Once it gets that far, containment is nearly impossible - and I don't think Shenna is doing a very good job at it.

If you played vanilla projects for some time, you should be used to the process by now. Expecting flawless server hosting from any project is just going to set you up for failure.

As towards Pottus decision, I think it's a reasonable resign but also a reasonable new ban policy.
No drama ensued and very professional as it should be.

4 hours ago, disgusting said:

its disgusting that our guild is catching the blame for this shit when there is no reason to think it was us other than some bullshit wording from the moneymongering administration, maybe they worded it that way in an attempt to rile up some donations

Poor accusations, no proof, no facts. It's always the others and never you yourself of course. You must have voted for Donald Trump.

Who knew that 40 people chosing not to log in for 3 hours to clear raids once a week for the billionth time could invoke so much rage from seemingly random people that we never interacted with in any way previously?

Edited by Azuros

1 hour ago, Salz said:

Poor accusations, no proof, no facts. It's always the others and never you yourself of course. You must have voted for Donald Trump.

As someone who voted for Trump, it pleases me greatly when someone dishes that out thinking it's some kind of insult.

5 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

As someone who voted for Trump, it pleases me greatly when someone dishes that out thinking it's some kind of insult.

You mean the guy who not only committed High Crimes and Misdemeanours but also Treason?

28 minutes ago, Azuros said:

Who knew that 40 people chosing not to log in for 3 hours to clear raids once a week for the billionth time could invoke so much rage from seemingly random people that we never interacted with in any way previously?

Because that's not what you did.  You didn't say "we're mothballing the guild until AQ if it ever comes out because we're bored" you made a big statement about how you're quitting because the server is shit.

2 hours ago, Gardash said:

Because that's not what you did.  You didn't say "we're mothballing the guild until AQ if it ever comes out because we're bored" you made a big statement about how you're quitting because the server is shit.

No one made a big statement, an edit was simply made to the original post of a recruitment thread stating why we won't be around anymore. No huge "WE QUIT, CYA SCRUBS" threads or anything like that. The only people who see the quitting message are the ones specifically interested in our guild (otherwise why would they be on our recruitment thread). Rather than ending up with tons of people asking why we quit, a simple explanation like we did was in order. People like you are the only ones trying to blow things out of proportion. You couldn't project any more insecurity if you tried. 

On 20.3.2017 at 7:41 PM, Hurricane2 said:

of course you wouldn't, how could you? simple minded people don't understand intercontextualisation in the first place.