<NOPE>

<NOPE> ALLIANCE [EU]

9 hours ago, Emptora said:

OK so I'll dumb tNot down for you. If I really cared about the server, like so many people here who want to hate on NOPE do... I'd say "wow, NOPE really cares, they kicked in 2000 bucks... I could do without my pizza and 2 liter of Coke, I'll just kick in 10 bucks and get pizza next week... That way if something falls through, there is a pillow for the server to fall on and all the eggs aren't in one basket" *opens wallet, deposits 10 dollars into paypal*

*Shenna logs on and finds funds in the PayPal* "Oh my, I'll put this toward the server"

Make sense yet?

Theres an option other than case #1 in that... People could've (should've) donated via PayPal. But instead, all the eggs were in one basket. Now all the eggs are on the ground broken.

^ Being bossy, trying to tell people they had no clue while not understanding what somebody is trying to tell to YOU meanwhile. Maybe you start reading out loud one word afteranother, then start thinking and THEN start replying.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Edited by Salz

7 minutes ago, Emptora said:

Right, and I'm sure the lion's share of the donations are still sitting in PayPal... Sure...

A Chinese guild posted a spreadsheet of Chinese donations that totaled $3000 USD in Discord. One person donated $500 USD, and I personally know a bunch of people (including me) that have donated regularly. Just based on that, there's enough money to keep Anathema online for years.

You keep spouting off nonsense with no evidence to support it. You have absolutely no idea how much money was donated to Paypal, which is one of the reasons people are so pissed at the guild this thread is about. Thanks to their fuckery we will all be required to donate through Paypal, which prevents us from seeing how our donations are being used or how much is in there. When we could pay directly to OVH, it was transparent how our money was being used.

Edited by Lorilay

1 minute ago, Lorilay said:

A Chinese guild posted a spreadsheet of Chinese donations that totaled $3000 USD in Discord. One person donated $500 USD, and I personally know a bunch of people (including me) that have donated regularly. You keep spouting off nonsense with no evidence to support it. You have absolutely no idea how much money was donated to Paypal, which is one of the reasons people are so pissed at the guild this thread is about. Thanks to their fuckery we will all be required to donate through Paypal, which prevents us from seeing how our donations are being used or how much is in there. When we could pay directly to OVH, it was transparent how our money was being used.

OK so what you're implying now is that the donations occurred, but... server is still down? Don't know where you are going there but ok...

And did every single donation you are speaking of go to Anathema? Did any go to Zeth? or Elysium? Maybe Darrowshire?

1 minute ago, Emptora said:

OK so what you're implying now is that the donations occurred, but... server is still down? Don't know where you are going there but ok...

And did every single donation you are speaking of go to Anathema? Did any go to Zeth? or Elysium? Maybe Darrowshire?

You need to reread the summary thread in the announcements forum because you clearly don't understand what happened or why people are mad. Maybe have an English-speaking friend help you with any translation difficulties if there is a language barrier. I don't think I can do anything else to help you in this thread.

Here's a helpful link: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/41696-anathema-pvp-—-unexpected-downtime-update/

Again. I've read it. I get it. I understand. They donated, charged it back, now everyone is ass out. The point remains... If as a whole the population matched the 2000 dollars for Anathema, the server would've had a pillow to last until past summer.

Just now, wedemboys said:

lol @ people who still think it was NOPE. 

Yeah I have no idea if it was or wasn't. I'm only posting here since people are implying. Who it was is completely irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Emptora said:

Again. I've read it. I get it. I understand. They donated, charged it back, now everyone is ass out. The point remains... If as a whole the population matched the 2000 dollars for Anathema, the server would've had a pillow to last until past summer.

Ok so the community just did that in less than 24 hours. So this is not an issue of lack of interest to keep the project going. The issue is that OVH was given money as per the options to pay directly. They then provided the service (server hosting). Then the donator(s) charged back and because of that the server instantly became in the red.

Why did people pay directly to OVH? For transparency to know that the server wasn't making a profit. This option will no longer be available most likely so transparency is lost because of the rash actions of the very community.

Why did Elysium not just pay the difference? Combination of ignorance and situation. 2k is a lot of cash and they purposely were stopping donations as the servers were payed multiple months ahead of time. Because this is direct payment Elysium doesn't have cash on hand to instantly make up the difference. Why ignorance? Because they trusted the community enough to not think they'd get backstabbed like this.

Why didn't they keep asking for donations as a buffer for this situation? For the same reason that I mentioned. They didn't want the servers paid for many months ahead of time so that hosting changes could be made or moved or whatever. They don't want people to feel like their money is wasted on something that may happen down the road.

Is this Elysium's fault? NO. They had servers paid for and no expectation that someone would secretly charge back multiple months of server hosting. The transaction was between the donator and OVH. Elysium is only the holder of the account. However despite that Elysium is now labeled as a non trusted payer.

But maybe the person had good reason to charge back the money. Elysium's AQ is something a lot of people are mad at blah blah blah. No. Just NO. Direct payment to OVH may not be a donation. Because of that the charge back is even more of a serious scum move. What are you doing if you pay OVH? You are paying for server hosting. Has the server been on and running smoothly? For the most part, obviously yes. You may disagree with how Elysium is rolling out patches and their outlook on the war effort. Fine. Your opinion. But you paid money or donated, however you may look at it, to keep the server running. It has been running and the money was for services rendered - server hosting. Charge back of that is fraud. You stole that from OVH. They dedicated resources to that and removal of that money was theft.

So why isn't the server back on? Because OVH is now going through the motions to clear Elysium's defaulted account and getting back charges paid. And despite the circumstances Elysium is now on their list of the blame for why this happened and we all have to deal with the rigmarole of it. Hopefully it will be up soon, but it's not in Elysium's hands, it's in OVH's.

That's the summary.

For the record, I have NEVER wanted to be like the people in NOPE,

LOL at even the sheer thought of that...

8 hours ago, Emptora said:

Again. I've read it. I get it. I understand.

You think you do, but you don't

2 hours ago, itsurboymatt said:

I wish u all the best of luck and hope to see u in the future

Thanks matt, appreciate the support.

On 1/5/2017 at 4:57 PM, Sethzer said:

We are staying.

bump

lolz so NOPE made this post saying that all this stuff is wrong and you are all leaving. and now you're staying?

sounds like such a rock solid guild. mind if i join you guys for a day before you decide to flip flop again?

On 3/13/2017 at 1:23 PM, Bik said:

Bye NOPE. It's sad to see worthy competition go.

You stole OG from me for nothing.. 

dont worry, u will always have a piece of my heart

8 minutes ago, Maage said:

lolz so NOPE made this post saying that all this stuff is wrong and you are all leaving. and now you're staying?

sounds like such a rock solid guild. mind if i join you guys for a day before you decide to flip flop again?

Thanks for quoting my post from over 2 months ago and for referring to OP post that was edited a week and a half ago from our original guild recruitment post.

lolz indeed mr. Maage

gp5pt.jpg

Sad to see you go, even tho that I do play @horde side and you cucks wasted a lot of my wbuffs, still it was a challange to play against organized guild like yours. See u in AQ :)

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Emptora said:

All you people raging because of NOPE. Get over it.

When they got server firsts, all of you wanted to be them.

When you saw their speed clears, all of you wanted to be with them.

When you saw the feats they accomplished, all of you wanted to be part of it.

And now that they've said enough to all the commotion, broken promises, the entire situation as a whole, the only thing you cant say is that you disagree.

You are all upset only because they took their donation to keep the server going through the summer and left. Simple solution is to get out your own wallets and put money in the coffer. If you all donated 25 cents, there would be enough to keep the server going through this time next year. But nobody wants to open their own wallet up and fund it either. You'd all just sit here and complain and not find your own solution.

How typical.

I would completely disagree with you. While I can respect their disagreements with Elysium I find throwing a tantrum and acting like your above everyone else will only produce negative results like Alexensual who thinks he can just boss around staff because he has a lot of influence, unfortunately a lot of high end guilds act the same way across many games.

They should have never charged back their donations, they were donations.... too bad if the circumstances have changed that's just life. Alexensual donated $1000 to Elysium which he advertised for on a stream... only to charge it back and use it for himself, money he likely would have never even got as a donation if it wasn't meant to go to Elysium so I'm surprised he even has 1 subscriber right now.

My personal opinion is they planned to abuse and jump ahead of things and were extremely disappointed when they found out the war efforts were higher and the AQ items were changed to make it how it should have been made... this should have been expected since it should be blizzlike, having people stock up 100k of supplies before hand would defeat the purpose.

• Exodus of Nostalrius Development and Quality Assurance - Understandable complaint, but stuff happens in any game, deal with it.

• Name change from Nostalrius PvP to Anathema - This seems really silly considering Nostalrius broke ties with them.... does it matter??

• Questions over corruption - Agreed, but from what I gathered this didn't affect any items/gold being generated, just people getting unbanned.

• Server population decline - Who wouldn't expect this after the huge hype any game has? I just don't get it.

• Broken promises i.e. AQ40 release, PvP gear stats - AQ got pushed back because of the top reason/corrupt set back? Deal with it.

• Unrealistic Ahn'Qiraj War Effort requirements - How is it unreasonable when so many people stocked up massive supplies ahead of time?

• R12/R13 gear debacle - Yeah that sucked.

Really I understand some of their reasons here but 1/2 of them just seem like things they tossed on the list to make it seem bigger than what it is because if you quit for 1/2 of those reasons you'll be too high maintenance to be happy or play anywhere else.

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:45 PM, taladril said:

You are paying for server hosting. Has the server been on and running smoothly? For the most part, obviously yes. You may disagree with how Elysium is rolling out patches and their outlook on the war effort. Fine. Your opinion. But you paid money or donated, however you may look at it, to keep the server running. It has been running and the money was for services rendered - server hosting. Charge back of that is fraud. You stole that from OVH. They dedicated resources to that and removal of that money was theft.

So why isn't the server back on? Because OVH is now going through the motions to clear Elysium's defaulted account and getting back charges paid. And despite the circumstances Elysium is now on their list of the blame for why this happened and we all have to deal with the rigmarole of it. Hopefully it will be up soon, but it's not in Elysium's hands, it's in OVH's.

Exactly 100%, this is why I'll never agree with retards like Alexensual who try to blackmail staff into doing what he wants with his community influence of sheep just because he all alone disagrees with Elysium on a topic. Exactly why NOPE shouldn't have done a charge back. Ah well now.

Can every <NOPE> member also upload a video where they show they delete gear and then characters? I'd like to be sure you are gone for good and its not just another attention whores move you guys apparently excel at. 

Edited by Morathe

On 15.3.2017 at 0:31 AM, Lorilay said:

How would they? The reason the servers are down is because someone charged back the payment for last month in March. How would you suggest that someone else go back in time to pay for last month's server time?

When server was paid at this time it was not possible to pay more for the server. it was closed, since you were only able to pay 3 months in advance what they did. Then when 3 months have passed donation would open up again to pay max. 3 months in advance. Nope paid in advance did take away the possibility to do so for everyone else and i guess tried to use this as bargaining power when they talked with gms. Economically a good decission but if you consider the ethical-side it was a impudence. This is my pov on this drama.