Alexensual

How to block all gold selling spam and channel invites (Very easy process)

Step 1) Download the addon SpamThrottle. Type /st in game to bring up config. Add key words of all websites being advertised.

Step 2) Add code listed below in any addon folder to disable being invited to chat channels.

I went one step further and uploaded the addon on its own with the code already included.

If you download the addon and put the multiple websites being advertised in the blocked words list, you should never see gold spam again (for now). 

Enjoy.

Addon with code included in folder already:

Original Nostalrius thread with the addon link:

Reddit thread with code thanks to user atterowins: 

The code itself:

CFOE = ChatFrame_OnEvent ChatFrame_OnEvent = function (e) if (e=="CHAT_MSG_CHANNEL_NOTICE_USER" and arg1 == "INVITE") then return end CFOE(e) end

Could anyone advise: the addon fails to parse/filter messages that should match my custom filter"=$" and "w.com"... why?

Edited by northborn

Can this be pinned please to the top of the subforum for ppl to find.

Untill the devs come up with anohter solution maybe.

I'm not sure the devs can make any solution for this. To my knowledge, there's no way to put a level limit on "inviting other people to a chat channel".

Now all we need is a way to filter that obnoxious system yellow text that they sometimes spam you with, and we'll be good.

Can this be pinned please to the top of the subforum for ppl to find.

Untill the devs come up with anohter solution maybe.

Pinned!

But we still working against spammers anyway for better anti-spam algorithm.

I installed OP's version.

However, I can't get it to filter out WVW and WWW.G4 messages.    They slip past the filter, no matter what I do/type.

What do I seem to miss?

There sure is a lot of it lately. Isn't it possible to detect and ban these clowns? Also, the characters often appear to be real, as though these guys are either hacking accounts or using the characters that they're power-leveling to do spamming also. I recall the original Nostalrius seemed to have spamming under control by the end.

Note,

if you download the addon in section "Addon with code included in folder already:"

Do not add the code manually again.  You will get a stack overflow error if the same code appears twice....

learned the hard way

Hey all, DON'T do what I did, and that was this:   Add a new filter word to the list, then send tells to a friend to test that new filtered word.  I sent a few whispers to one person to test SpamThrottle settings and now I can't whisper to anyone, nor can I talk in guild.