Atoku

We should open up an other "fresh start" server

It is a lot of players from Nost PvE / PvP that went there honestly. The que will drop down over the next few days and weeks. What happened today was expected. 

No support, about 80% of those little kids will quite playing Elysium anyway, there will be no queue in 1 month or so. Prob 50% leaving after first week.

There's several possible reasons why Elysium hasn't done that. Perhaps they're at the limit of how much server space you can rent one month at a time. At a certain point, in order for the datacenter to agree to give you more servers, you may have to sign a plan like €10,000 for six months minimum because that's what it'll take in order for the datacenter to allot so much of their capacity to one host.

Or maybe there isn't any more server space available. The staff might have disabled donations precisely because they couldn't get more space at the datacenter, knowing that people would be furious if they donated and nothing happened.

It could also be that they just weren't expecting things to run so flawlessly that people who got online could stay on all day and cause the queue to move forward very slowly. Elysium hasn't crashed a single time and has needed only two restarts since launch. You might get disconnected from ingame once in a while but the grace period lets you log back in without a queue if you do it immediately, at least most of the time.

You can't necessarily call the datacenter on a Saturday night and ask for an upgraded plan on the spot.

Edited by Larsen

There is a post on the server maintenance costs on the website. They speculated that during the "current" (before the release of Elysium) that they were paying 900 Euro a month to maintain the two Nostalrius PvP and PvE servers. With the release of Elysium, they anticipated that the cost would rise to 1200 Euro per month.

Unless you are feeling quite generous and willing to donate another 300-400 Euro per month to maintain another server, i expect the opening of another server very unlikely.

The hype will disappear, people will be tired of queue and game, so the numbers will lower, the main problem it might take months before it goes to an acceptable value.

All of this makes me wish they had just ditched the old servers and only had fresh starts. Two pvp servers and one pve would have spread people out a bit more in my opinion. The interest in starting new obviously exists and I fear the number will not drop very fast. 

1 hour ago, Aniel said:

The hype will disappear, people will be tired of queue and game, so the numbers will lower, the main problem it might take months before it goes to an acceptable value.

I haven't been on the newly released Elysium PvP server.   I've only followed twitter, facebook and what little of the forum I was able to read..

But honestly - you don't want a server with a population of 20.000.

It may sound fun.   It may be cool to say.    But it will not work.

There -might- be a need for another server.

16 hours ago, Microdots said:

It is a lot of players from Nost PvE / PvP that went there honestly. The que will drop down over the next few days and weeks. What happened today was expected. 

Everybody wants to see whats new, over the next couple days/weeks population and queues will normalize again. Altough im sure there's alot new people aswell who came with the new realm. Ill stick to Nost PvP maybe in a couple weeks/months ill try fresh.

Edited by Kazuma

16 hours ago, Microdots said:

Not true. Yesterday there was a 12k queue on Elysium and at the same time both Nost servers had the usual amount of players, PvE full and PvP on 10k.

So according to these number only 2k players (4k max if you count the primetime queue) moved from Nost PvP to Elysium and practically none from Nost PvE.

Between the people in game, in the Q and peeps not even able to login I estimate there were around 20K players playing or trying to play on Elysium yesterday.

So that's around 15K that didn't come from Nost servers.

You're right that the Q will lessen over time but mostly because people will get tired of not being able to play, not because the shiny new effect will wear away

They could totally open another server and all 4 would be guaranteed max capacity.

4 hours ago, Lehman Russ said:

There is a post on the server maintenance costs on the website. They speculated that during the "current" (before the release of Elysium) that they were paying 900 Euro a month to maintain the two Nostalrius PvP and PvE servers. With the release of Elysium, they anticipated that the cost would rise to 1200 Euro per month.

Unless you are feeling quite generous and willing to donate another 300-400 Euro per month to maintain another server, i expect the opening of another server very unlikely.

300 Euro per month is a trivial amount for a population of say 8K which would be within reason given the queues.

If only half donated 1 Euro per year, then that would pay for the year and have some Euros over.

they rather leave cuz they wont deal with queue. i have friends who wanted to start there but they didnt even try because i told them how the queue is!

id say open up atleast 2more fresh realms

It is just because of the hype, as others have said in a few weeks/months it will go down. If not I'm sure they will consider adding another server.

I agree completely that there should be a new server. I started another post addressing potential strategies where we, the players, can help The Elysium Project achieve this goal. Elysium has already stated that they are interested in starting a new server, it is clearly just about the donations they need to be able to maintain it and potentially the amount of GMs they currently have. If you folks can give critical feedback, modified ideas, or specific strategies to help get more people to donate, that would be fantastic.

This link is to my other post, but reply here if you please. I'm not interested in garnering attention to myself. I am only interested in helping organize a new server.