Lifealert

4 reasons to roll Nostalrius-PvP over Elysium

Just now, khalismur said:

Did not and it doesn't matter, as it has nothing to do with the discussion here. This is ressurected Nost full of bored 60s ganking lowbies, not 'Nostaltius Begins' whatever that was.

Actually I wonder why you quoted just that and did not attempt to answer my important point.

You're making it a bigger thing than it is. I leveled up my character to 60 in October 2015 when most players were level 60 and it wasn't that bad. Grow up. 

I'm on Nost PvP, do we need more attractive reasons?

Anyways, too early to tell how Nost PvP will do leveling population wise. One of the reasons older progressed Blizzard servers were always "Full" was because of the number of competitive endgame/PvP guilds and famous players marketing that server's name. Perhaps that is not enough for a project with only 2 PvP servers, one old and one new. We'll see.

Edit: You may have noticed modern "famous players" (streamers/YTbers) will follow their viewers/subscribers/donators instead of the other way around. So you never know, that "celebrity" factor may actually be a bad thing for the old server.

Edited by Walgrave

here is my reasons i will never EVER touch Elysium server.you wait for hour and hour in queue and when you finally log in and start playing for abit...random DC.now you cant even connect tot he server and you need to try again and again and when you finally connect ...queue again.and oo yes if you try to not log out and stay online afk....you get banned as what happen to 1 of my accounts.i wish i never touch this фекал realm.

here is my reasons i will never EVER touch Elysium server.you wait for hour and hour in queue and when you finally log in and start playing for abit...random DC.now you cant even connect tot he server and you need to try again and again and when you finally connect ...queue again.and oo yes if you try to not log out and stay online afk....you get banned as what happen to 1 of my accounts.i wish i never touch this фекал realm.

15 minutes ago, Skoobydoo said:

So you're too impatient to wait until the server is stable. Also you're a fucking cheater.

We won't miss you.

This thread makes me contemplate deleting my chars on old nost, being exposed to this amount of second hand beta faggotry can't be healthy

12 hours ago, Lifealert said:

NUMBER ONE - Queue

Elysium constantly has a queue, while Nostalrius only has a queue during EU primetime. At this very moment (Monday, Jan 9th) it's NA primetime (9pm EST, 6pm PST) and Nostalrius is at 7000 population and Elysium is at 12,000 with a 2k+ queue with a 2 to 3 hour estimated wait time. During EU primetime it's even worse. For most people the fresh launch experience is over and everyone is already above level 20. Sad to say but most people just missed out already. 

NUMBER TWO - Better leveling experience

Quest mobs on Elysium are constantly being slain with most people unable to complete quests in a timely fashion. Nostalrius PvP with its lower population of leveling persons provides a perfect leveling experience that is closest to what you remember. 

NUMBER THREE - Better raiding experience

With BWL/ZG out and AQ20/40 expected to be released within two months time Nostalrius PvP has a better raiding experience while Elysium will be stuck at MC/Onyxia for the next 7+ months. People always have concerns about playing catch up, but I assure you that if you make friends and/or roll an in demand class then catching up with current content is not as difficult as it is made out to be. 

NUMBER FOUR - Black Lotus

Elysium Black Lotus will be BoP until ZG. This means that those who do not have alchemy and herbalism will have to pay outrageous prices for flasks. People always try to downplay the usefulness of flasks when this point is brought up, but remember that there are several months between BWL's release and ZG's release. Flasks are useful in MC, but even more so when doing BWL. Nostalrius black lotus is at an all time low and players can create flasks at relatively inexpensive prices. 

Let me debunk you:

1- queue - the number of players is always going down. nostalrius now doesnt have queues because they have only 7000ppl playing there. soon, theyll have even less ppl there. enjoy the fun alone

2 - lvling experience - on elysium you can get party for ANY quest in the game because youll never be alone while lvling. unlike on nostalrius, where you can stuck at some harder quest and you wont be able to find any help...

3 - raiding experience - oh you want to do mc ony on nost? lol everyone is geared there and no one wants to boost you in mc, unlike elyisum where EVERYONE is going to play mc and ony! you cant find a better server for preraiding experience than elyisum at this stage.. even if u start playing on nostalrius right now, you wont be able to get a good gear and play end game raids asap... by the time you enter AQ, everyone will have it cleared and farmed !

4 - black lotus - you can make some SICK money with your alt who has herb and alch.. 

10 hours ago, RadiantRay said:

reason 5: get ganked by bored 60s 24/7 in your leveling zones for the optimal pvp server experience

If you're willing to continuously corpse-run or stay logged on while you get camped nobody can help you with that.
This was one of the major factors influencing people into having alts.

People on the fresh realm (Elysium PvP) will experience this all in good time. There is no escaping it on a PvP realm.

7 hours ago, judgejewdy said:

old server is for veterans of the vanilla realms while fresh is for retail noblets

This pretty much sums it up.

14 hours ago, Finalflash said:

oldcucks on suicide watch! lmaoing @ your life kid :D k1 all over again kek

nost belongs in a museum fresh 2017

>better lvling experience

*full T2 rogue sneaks up behind you*

ye nah kid, old is already dying

lol finalflash.  I remember u on elysium pvp i was triggerpopn tauren hunter.  What are playing on new elysium pvp?

4 часа назад, boonmike сказал:

Let me debunk you:

1- queue - the number of players is always going down. nostalrius now doesnt have queues because they have only 7000ppl playing there. soon, theyll have even less ppl there. enjoy the fun alone

2 - lvling experience - on elysium you can get party for ANY quest in the game because youll never be alone while lvling. unlike on nostalrius, where you can stuck at some harder quest and you wont be able to find any help...

3 - raiding experience - oh you want to do mc ony on nost? lol everyone is geared there and no one wants to boost you in mc, unlike elyisum where EVERYONE is going to play mc and ony! you cant find a better server for preraiding experience than elyisum at this stage.. even if u start playing on nostalrius right now, you wont be able to get a good gear and play end game raids asap... by the time you enter AQ, everyone will have it cleared and farmed !

4 - black lotus - you can make some SICK money with your alt who has herb and alch.. 

I agree with everything but the lotus,took herbalism first,but at lvl 9 with 1 skill decided to change.The amount of players don't leave you a chance to skill up herbalism.

Edited by Proxis

15 hours ago, judgejewdy said:

old server is for veterans of the vanilla realms while fresh is for retail noblets

I started playing on retail 2 weeks after game release while you were still sucking on your mommas  tits. Don't judge people who chose to play on fresh server.

9 hours ago, Vashinkt said:

STFU with your nonsense, your so fucking wrong dude.  acts like no one goes to MC for fucking bindings + eye and Ony for the bag every week.

Nost PvP is the far superior choice because it might actually get AQ40 sometime in the next decade.  lets not forget this is Valkyrie/Elysium we are on, in 6 years they have NEVER released AQ40

well then i guess it will be experimental and i know AQ will have BUGS on nost, by the time it comes to elysium it willl be polished

14 hours ago, KromKrush said:

lol finalflash.  I remember u on elysium pvp i was triggerpopn tauren hunter.  What are playing on new elysium pvp?

If he's using the same name then he rolled a mage and btw he's garbo, I split his buttcheeks a dozen times while he tried to gank lowbies at Maestra's Post. If he sees anyone at his level he blinks away in a pants-shitting frenzy.

I still can't quest on Nost PvP, it takes a lot of time on Pickup quests. Way less ppl than 10 days ago tho.

Arguing over wich one is better is foolish. Everybody at his first experience, or whoever didn't have chance to farm MC/ZG/BWL in the past should simply join Elysium.

Those who, like me, got tired to farm MC/BWL on retail shouldn't care (note: i didn't say ZG i ваууing luv ZG)

Before all the mess with authentication system, 2 days ago, i even had a queue of 1k players.

Both server are fine, will be fine and everybody should pick the one that fits their needing the most. Arguing is pointless.

I wanted to play on the fresh server, but it's impossible to login for the long que.

In addition, the Nostalrius token generator doesn't work and I can't get my Nost chars back.

But in the end, for the sake of -at least- playing some WoW, I reluctantly rolled another char on Nost PvP.

It feels so masochistic to play this game... sometimes I think it's just a Blizzard conspiracy so that ppl get tired with private servers and roll on retail

On 10.1.2017 at 6:52 AM, Lifealert said:

Yeah except you fresh fools never look at the other side of things:

Level 60s HELPING you level. 

yeah right...

20 hours ago, Blib said:

This thread makes me contemplate deleting my chars on old nost, being exposed to this amount of second hand beta faggotry can't be healthy

And deleting your characters based off reading opinions you don't like is nonsensical

25 minutes ago, Strahl said:

yeah right...

I sometimes help people. I know of others who do the same. 

19 hours ago, boonmike said:

Let me debunk you:

Yes and enjoy being alone when everyone realizes they have to farm MC for 7 months for little to no gain because MC gear is worse than most dungeon blues. 

Edited by Lifealert

The biggest reason why players don't want to roll in old nost, is because they feel they will be undergeared in comparison to most players. While this is a substantial reason, a lot of people fail to notice that most guilds are currently taking any player regardless of gear to MC/ONY/BWL.

This means that if you join a raid, 75% of the people in it will be already geared in T1/T2 equivalent gear and are only there to either support their guild, or get that one specific item they need.

In the few MC runs I've been, half of the items end up being disenchanted, and most undergeared people that go into the raid, come out of it with 3 or 4 epic items. Gearing is honestly really easy.

Edited by Dralek

But if you prove yourself to be a good player, not only in how you play but also how you behave, you CAN catch up easily. Guilds are looking for more people for AQ. SORRY, for example, is recruiting. Prove yourself to be an asset and you'll get your heart's desire. 

dude why would anyone want to play vanilla just so you can be boosted in mc??

i was boosted before in mc and it was so freaking lame.

no challenge, no fun, just follow and let them boost you....  its stupid

u call that vanilla experience? no thanks !

Edited by boonmike