Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Powerfulnoun

A guide to Feral druid PVE Dps - By me!

Recommended Posts

What's the reasoning behind powershifting for a ferocious bite? The conversion of bonus energy to ferocious bite damage is very bad. It seems like any energy past 35 would be better spent on shred. If you powershift, you wind up with +60 energy, much more than you need for a bite.

Also, since they fixed crit stones to only affect attacks by the weapon it's enchanted on, I very much doubt it will work in feral forms.

Edited by Lorilay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crit stones should work in feral whether you'd think they should or not. None of the weapon stuff is very logical. Or at least that's what I remember looking back at sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notes from watching it. Strength gives 2.4 ap with heart of the wild and 20 agility is 1 crit which is way different than your listed 57. You also say nothing besides strength, agility, ap, and crit are necessary. Hit is incredibly important for ferals, just like any other damage class. 

Talents: Ferocity is massively more important than feral aggression, however both should be taken for pure dps. Also bash is completely useless in pve environment. Those are wasted points. Feral instinct for dps is also useless for pve. The rest is fine. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0p0VhoZE0MsfbdtV is the best feral dps build you can have. Small changes needed for better tanking like switch feral aggression for feral instinct. 

Omen of clarity is a 10 minute buff.

Juju might doesn't stack with winterfall firewater. They fixed that bug. MP5 food is not as good as dumplings or winter squid. Do the math on it and you'll see for practically any boss fight the increased mana isn't even one shapeshift. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Pre Raid Bis is wrong. With this set, you've got 5% hit. You need 8-9%.

 

Abyssal Leather Shoulders of Striking (13 stam/13 agi/ 13 str) are way better than truestrike. Can be easily obtained with a farm raid.
Primal Batskin Jerkin is what you'll want as a chest. And Primal Batskin Wristguards is what you'll want for Wrists.
As for Rings, instead of the Mara Ring/Myrmidons you'll want the DM North Tribute Ring twice. Especially on alliance side, as all items have high agi. With Kings
giving you the needed crit to make feral work. With this set, you've got 8% hit and you're good to go MC/ZG.

2% critstone is the only one that is supposed to work in feral form, as it enchants the weapon to have "Increases your chance to critically strike by 2%".

Taladril is right. 20 Agi = 1%crit. On ally side, 18 Agi = 1%crit with Kings.

You also didnt talk about stat priority and capping out, so let me add that for ye.

Hit > Str/Agi > Crit

If you have less than 33% crit Raidbuffed. Agi > Str If you have 33% crit or more Str > Agi.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taladril said:

In his defense you might have missed it. He is giving a list for elysium (1.4 gear).

Oh, didnt notice that. My bad.

 

But trying to go dps feral prior to DM, is insane :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wortgewandt said:

With this % critstone is the only one that is supposed to work in feral form, as it enchants the weapon to have "Increases your chance to critically strike by 2%".

Has anyone tested this since they patched crit stones to only affect attacks by the weapon it's enchanted on? Warriors in my guild were not thrilled at having to put them on MH and OH now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, taladril said:

Notes from watching it. Strength gives 2.4 ap with heart of the wild and 20 agility is 1 crit which is way different than your listed 57. You also say nothing besides strength, agility, ap, and crit are necessary. Hit is incredibly important for ferals, just like any other damage class. 

Talents: Ferocity is massively more important than feral aggression, however both should be taken for pure dps. Also bash is completely useless in pve environment. Those are wasted points. Feral instinct for dps is also useless for pve. The rest is fine. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0p0VhoZE0MsfbdtV is the best feral dps build you can have. Small changes needed for better tanking like switch feral aggression for feral instinct. 

Omen of clarity is a 10 minute buff.

Juju might doesn't stack with winterfall firewater. They fixed that bug. MP5 food is not as good as dumplings or winter squid. Do the math on it and you'll see for practically any boss fight the increased mana isn't even one shapeshift. 

Hey man thanks for your reply, ferocity is 100% useless for dps since you're only using shred and ferocious bite I'm not sure how you can make that argument. Bash is incredibly useful in pve becaue most feral dps will end up offtanking in certain situations so the increased stun is worth, you lose no dps by taking it. Omen is 10, I didn't realize I said 15 until after I finished the vid but thank you for noting the mistake or me. I posted dumplings as the best food for dps but I couldn't confirm if they'd be in on elysium pvp or not since there's no list of available gear/enchants/items etc up and I thought dumplings came in a later patch, however they are in the video as best. I was still stacking juju might and firewater until just before the server went down on my hunter for dps, when was this changed? Also can you link me to a confirmation that 20 agi is 1% crit, even when stacking the stats myself it takes around 60 agi to get 1% crit.

Edited by Powerfulnoun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wortgewandt said:

Your Pre Raid Bis is wrong. With this set, you've got 5% hit. You need 8-9%.

 

Abyssal Leather Shoulders of Striking (13 stam/13 agi/ 13 str) are way better than truestrike. Can be easily obtained with a farm raid.
Primal Batskin Jerkin is what you'll want as a chest. And Primal Batskin Wristguards is what you'll want for Wrists.
As for Rings, instead of the Mara Ring/Myrmidons you'll want the DM North Tribute Ring twice. Especially on alliance side, as all items have high agi. With Kings
giving you the needed crit to make feral work. With this set, you've got 8% hit and you're good to go MC/ZG.

2% critstone is the only one that is supposed to work in feral form, as it enchants the weapon to have "Increases your chance to critically strike by 2%".

Taladril is right. 20 Agi = 1%crit. On ally side, 18 Agi = 1%crit with Kings.

You also didnt talk about stat priority and capping out, so let me add that for ye.

Hit > Str/Agi > Crit

If you have less than 33% crit Raidbuffed. Agi > Str If you have 33% crit or more Str > Agi.
 

Thanks for your post, I've seen a lot of your raid stats when looking for proper druid information, and the below poster is right this was for Elysium pvp, I'll update the stats accordingly in the video to properly reflect the agi for crit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would still take feral instinct over ferocity as a feral dps

since ferocity only lowers claw and rake cost and you will be mostly shredding and i guess keeping rake(not even sure if thats worth or not)

but as feral dps your purpose is also offtanking and thats why imo feral instinct>ferocity

Edited by szuszak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, szuszak said:

i would still take feral instinct over ferocity as a feral dps

since ferocity only lowers claw and rake cost and you will be mostly shredding and i guess keeping rake(not even sure if thats worth or not)

but as feral dps your purpose is also offtanking and thats why imo feral instinct>ferocity

As far as I can tell you should not be using rake at all, not only does it waste a debuff slot it scales pretty poorly making it not worth the energy in pve. Great for pvp though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Powerfulnoun said:

Hey man thanks for your reply, ferocity is 100% useless for dps since you're only using shred and ferocious bite I'm not sure how you can make that argument. Bash is incredibly useful in pve becaue most feral dps will end up offtanking in certain situations so the increased stun is worth, you lose no dps by taking it. Omen is 10, I didn't realize I said 15 until after I finished the vid but thank you for noting the mistake or me. I posted dumplings as the best food for dps but I couldn't confirm if they'd be in on elysium pvp or not since there's no list of available gear/enchants/items etc up and I thought dumplings came in a later patch, however they are in the video as best. I was still stacking juju might and firewater until just before the server went down on my hunter for dps, when was this changed? Also can you link me to a confirmation that 20 agi is 1% crit, even when stacking the stats myself it takes around 60 agi to get 1% crit.

So is it 60 agi or 20 agi for 1 crit. Can someone test it again on nost pvp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wortgewandt has said it's 20, I'll assume he's knowledgeable on the subject considering his raid experience as feral. I've updated the description in my video to reflect that it should be 20 agi per 1% crit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Powerfulnoun said:

As far as I can tell you should not be using rake at all, not only does it waste a debuff slot it scales pretty poorly making it not worth the energy in pve. Great for pvp though.

yep that would be my reasoning as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Powerfulnoun said:

Hey man thanks for your reply, ferocity is 100% useless for dps since you're only using shred and ferocious bite I'm not sure how you can make that argument. Bash is incredibly useful in pve becaue most feral dps will end up offtanking in certain situations so the increased stun is worth, you lose no dps by taking it. Omen is 10, I didn't realize I said 15 until after I finished the vid but thank you for noting the mistake or me. I posted dumplings as the best food for dps but I couldn't confirm if they'd be in on elysium pvp or not since there's no list of available gear/enchants/items etc up and I thought dumplings came in a later patch, however they are in the video as best. I was still stacking juju might and firewater until just before the server went down on my hunter for dps, when was this changed? Also can you link me to a confirmation that 20 agi is 1% crit, even when stacking the stats myself it takes around 60 agi to get 1% crit.

Having done plenty of feral dps I can tell you that there's more than one time that I am wanting to do a quick claw rather than waiting and trying to find the back of a mob. Any time energy is at 100 and I'm engaging enemies it's wasted energy. And bash is still bad. The talent increases the stun duration by 1 second. Who cares? If it lowered cooldown time it would be a great talent. Bash is only useful as a spell interrupt or as a threat gen - neither of which benefits from increasing by a second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×