wrathchild1971

roughly how much of a disadvantage will i be if i dont go human for fury endgame PVE.

hello all! first post here, just wondering if one of you tryhards have poured out the data on roughly how much dps one would lose at BIS end game raiding if you arent human for the sword skill racial. thanks guys!

I am not sure if I am a tryhard, <shameless self-promotion> but you could check my post from a few hours before and calculate from there ;) admittedly it's only for the Horde atm, perhaps I'd better make it an Alliance version too. </shameless self-promotion> human / orc for fury booyeah!

Depends on the reason. Human is very strong in PVE because most of the best weapons are either maces or swords. That +5 weapon skill is huge advantage and the extra reputation isn't bad either. Alliance don't have any other dps boosting racial for pve but human is no doubt strongest fury warrior race in game.

But of course I have to disagree based on my calculations and also because of the orc bloodfury boost. Human is the best warrior race for Alliance, but imho, if an orc fury warrior is maxxed-out properly (2 x axes, edgemaster's, goldminer's), an orc will have a slighty better DPS than a maxxed-out human warrior.

Edited by C0n0n
typos

59 minutes ago, C0n0n said:

But of course I have to disagree based on my calculations and also because of the orc bloodfury boost. Human is the best warrior race for Alliance, but imho, if an orc fury warrior is maxxed-out properly (2 x axes, edgemaster's, goldminer's), an orc will have a slighty better DPS than a maxxed-out human warrior.

I agree that orc has potential to do more dps than human warriors. Problem just is that without salvation you are usually threat capped and can't go all out where human warriors have 30% salvation buff. This ofc has nothing to do with race itself but salvation is probably strongest buff for furys and warlocks.

Ps. Don't ever use Goldminers helm over Lionheart Helm its not worth it.

Edited by Yoga

5 hours ago, Ironsides said:

go fury daggers and youll top meters m8

I remember your dagger posts from Feenix. Hillarious, (yet true) stuff I suppose:D

On 14.1.2017 at 2:32 AM, wrathchild1971 said:

damn thats pretty heavy. i guess no female night elf warrior for me :/

I'm a Dwarf, Prefox and Adelinemdr are Nightelfs. We're all 3 in the #10 BWL Ranking.

Obv. a Human is the better Choice tho.

Edited by Alrik

One thing my guild-master always told us while raiding vanilla was "A dead dps is no dps." 

That core idea is true in playing vanilla. I've killed C'thun pre-tbc. 9/15 Naxx pre-tbc.

Not dying is the most important thing. Dps will come after you get used to the fight and don't die.

Having racial advantage won't fix your dps if you don't know your class or the fight. 

Learn the class & the fight and racial bonuses won't matter. 

Is being human the difference between being a good dps and a bad dps? No, it’s not. The bad dps will die to boss mechanics, not consume correctly, and use poor rotations leading to poor performance regardless of race. The difference in being human is if you are a good dps, it makes you noticeably better in your damage output. The thing is with warriors, weapon skill not only directly increases your damage output, but also at the same time increases your rage generation to further increase your dps.

Yoga, you were absolutely correct, I forgot to stab the bosses in the back :P it was too good to be true! And in addition I obviously don't know anything about playing Alliance and the Salvation buff x)! Sorry about the misinformation, I will just stick to recommending Fetish of the Sand Reaver for everyone :P

all the best

Cono

Ye, it's a totally delicious trinket for classes that have no innate method of dropping aggro! Death Wish + Recklessness - no problem, let me just rub my Fetish a little, and theere it goes! Perhaps I should make an ally alt to experience dat crazy Salvation buff myself, it's like having a portable mini fetish with me all the time.. nasty..

I even chose a human for my alliance tank due to the bonus threat from the +5 swords. It's only like a 0.6% boost, but I decided in endgame that it's better than 1% dodge and stoneskin. Some alliance tanks will disagree with me though.

Hey!

Are you sure about the +5 -> +0.6% boost? I did some math, and according to my spreadsheet, the increase in threat is per the following for tanks:

skill 300 -> 305 you get +6.00% more DPS because of the glancing blows doing more damage. When you multiply this for Def stance and and 5/5 defiance, you get 1.3 (stance mod) * 1.15 (defiance mod) = 1.495 multiplier per point of damage done for white hits. 6 % more dps from glancing blows * 1.495 tanky modifiers = +8.97% more threat!

best regards

Cono

В 13.01.2017 в 09:10, Undertanker сказал:

14.82% for BWL current patch.

Could you please clarify what do you account for that percentage? Only the glancing damage reduction, removed by the 5 racial points? Small amount of extra hit? Just raidstats for the equally geared world-buffed/critcapped players?

Thats the exact theoretical basis about that estimate?

thanks in advance!

More white hit damage = more rage.   More rage = more damage.  I pulled this differential of 14.82% by reviewing guild members of different guilds top DPS ones that were human and ones that were not using the Exact same gear (of the same guild and raid ID).  R14 gear / weapons and no edgemasters.   Reviewing the same fights (with same buffs and fight duration) over a 3 week period for 5 different guilds across 3 different servers.

They all produced the same data, the human outperformed the non human R14 by 14-15% on each fight review.   Ebonroc and Flamegor were used for dps reviews.

Edited by Undertanker

2 часа назад, Undertanker сказал:

More white hit damage = more rage.   More rage = more damage.  I pulled this differential of 14.82% by reviewing guild members of different guilds top DPS ones that were human and ones that were not using the Exact same gear (of the same guild and raid ID).  R14 gear / weapons and no edgemasters.   Reviewing the same fights (with same buffs and fight duration) over a 3 week period for 5 different guilds across 3 different servers.

They all produced the same data, the human outperformed the non human R14 by 14-15% on each fight review.   Ebonroc and Flamegor were used for dps reviews.

As always - an exhaustive answer.

Thanks a lot for helping the community!

3 hours ago, Undertanker said:

I'm not sure if I missed it but we are talking about 300 skill vs 312 skill here? Impressive stuff nontheless.