ViBoNacCi

Best TPS enchant on Alcor's sunrazor on Elysium server (1.04)

Hi fellow tanks,

What is the best enchant to use on Alcor's Sunrazor (1.3 speed dagger) for max TPS? Lifestealing or Crusader? It seems crusader procs very rarely with this item. +15 agility is not available on this server (Elysium) yet.

Greetings,

Vibonacci

50 minutes ago, ViBoNacCi said:

i do not really understand that. What would be a better weapon?

Anything pretty much. Quel'serrar for example. Alcors is shit for anything except vael these days.

1 hour ago, ViBoNacCi said:

i do not really understand that. What would be a better weapon?

Are you horde or ally? If you are ally, then it's more about the stats and weapon dps, if you are horde then slower is better in general due to WF totem.

1 hour ago, Storfan said:

Anything pretty much. Quel'serrar for example. Alcors is shit for anything except vael these days.

Agreed

Well Elysium does not have quel'sarrar as Dire Maul is not out yet. And I'm still in preraid state so Alcor's should be the best right.

But I still wonder about whether Crusader or Lifestealing would be better on the Alcor's for threat. And on the Elysium server itself I see most ppl walking around with crusader on their 1.3 daggers but on my Alcor's the crusader procs so rarely. Thats why I'm wondering if lifestealing is better on Alcors

40 minutes ago, ViBoNacCi said:

Well Elysium does not have quel'sarrar as Dire Maul is not out yet. And I'm still in preraid state so Alcor's should be the best right.

But I still wonder about whether Crusader or Lifestealing would be better on the Alcor's for threat. And on the Elysium server itself I see most ppl walking around with crusader on their 1.3 daggers but on my Alcor's the crusader procs so rarely. Thats why I'm wondering if lifestealing is better on Alcors

Alcors is still not a good choice. The best threat weapon you can get is Ironfoe, it's FAR superior to anything else available to you currently. If you for some reason still want to use Alcors, go 15agi or Lifestealing. Crusader is indeed a terrible choice for a fast weapon.

Its amazing how almost every tank on Ely is still using a dagger. Go check realm stats. Do you guys even read the forums or patch notes? Ony isn't that hard to kill, you could get deathbringer... or like almost any other slow weapon with decent stats. Even if DM was out, you don't need Quel, its a mitigation weap. you could use on like 2 bosses.

5 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Its amazing how almost every tank on Ely is still using a dagger. Go check realm stats. Do you guys even read the forums or patch notes? Ony isn't that hard to kill, you could get deathbringer... or like almost any other slow weapon with decent stats. Even if DM was out, you don't need Quel, its a mitigation weap. you could use on like 2 bosses.

Most players, (even tanks whom I normaly hold in higher regard when it comes to theorycrafting) will blindly follow any guide regardless of changing circumstances and mechancs as long as they dont have to do any work themselves. I do not know if they do this because of my gear guide (It is quite possible) but I fear I have created a monster, and now that I dont hold ownership of the threads anymore I cant edit them. Personally I use Quel'Serrar because it's pretty and when threat is a non-issue and Ironfoe the rest of the time.

haha yeah, people aren't thinking, or  not reading info posted past 2 posts in the sub-reddit.

And lol yeah, it is a beautiful sword to have and actually not that bad for threat, every tank should get one, just cause :P (although honestly not necessary, guess it just depends on your tanking philosophies) . And IF is one of the best weaps. to have even with nerfs and a great feeling to have once it drops. Deathbringer/Crul'shorukh should be sought after for tanking though. BiS is r14 swords/axe but that's a grind for the select few lol

This is vanilla. You do not expect 'changing' circumstances in the way you gain rage.

What I've learned from you guys:

-Rage generation is based on DPS, unrelated to weapon speed apart from the first hit (which ignores weapon speed).

-Exception with this is tanking with windfury totem: the windfury procs scale better with a slow weapon.

-Another exception is when you have unlimited rage: a faster weapon becomes better. A faster weapon does NOT grant you more rage though.

-Ironfoe is the best TPS preraid weapon because of the proc: 2 extra swings on a slow weapon is huge.

-Crusader is crap on fast weapons. Lifestealing is better.

-Do not follow guides. Always test every aspect of the game yourself. Never trust anything or anybody. ehmm... What else is new? Defense doesn't grant mitigation? Armor increases damage taken? ;)

Thx for your help guys.

Edited by ViBoNacCi

1 hour ago, ViBoNacCi said:

This is vanilla. You do not expect 'changing' circumstances in the way you gain rage.

What I've learned from you guys:

-Rage generation is based on DPS, unrelated to weapon speed apart from the first hit (which ignores weapon speed).

-Exception with this is tanking with windfury totem: the windfury procs scale better with a slow weapon.

-Another exception is when you have unlimited rage: a faster weapon becomes better. A faster weapon does NOT grant you more rage though.

-Ironfoe is the best TPS preraid weapon because of the proc: 2 extra swings on a slow weapon is huge.

-Crusader is crap on fast weapons. Lifestealing is better.

-Do not follow guides. Always test every aspect of the game yourself. Never trust anything or anybody. ehmm... What else is new? Defense doesn't grant mitigation? Armor increases damage taken? ;)

Thx for your help guys.

Sounds about right. And about the last paragraph we have a saying within my line of work (IT): "Trust; But verify". Meaning you can absolutely trust guides to some extent, but trying stuff out on your own and verifying is always a good idea.

13 minutes ago, Alrik said:

Vis'kag is an option too.

Absolutely, especially as human.

Just to answer the OP, greater Impact (+5 damage). 

Use sharpening stones, and tank with gift of Arthas on.   +damage greatly increases the DPS of a fast weapon.

Also to ViBon, slower weapons give a higher average uptime on crusader giving more AP.

VIS'Kag is best pre-Crul for human. (Ties with Ironfoe raid buffed, Ironfoe wins full world buffed).

Deathbringer is best pre-Crul for everybody else.  Ties with Ironfoe raid buffed, Ironfoe wins full world buffed).

Alcor's is a fire resist and Val item, period.

Want an easier to get weapon than Ironfoe when farming? Bone Slicing Hatchet.  12 agility 5 stamina.

Crusader is just slightly worse for fast weapons if you're tanking since revenge is the only special attack that can actually proc something on this server and you only use it every 6 seconds. I never did the math comparing crusader to other enchants, since lifestealing and +5 damage enchants benefits from having fast weapons, but just saying that crusader is shit for fast weapons isn't true on the current state of the game.

8 hours ago, Cornholi said:

I blame you Storfan :p for your guide, I mean seriously fucking Alcor's still gets sold for 800g...

Yes, and it looks like such a professional guide and its stickied and says its updated! It can be confusing :P

Impale only works for Abilities, not auto attacks.

So to get any use out of that, you'd have to time the proc window of 3 seconds with a 6 second cooldown ability that you need to be using on cooldown, not waiting for a Felstriker 2.6% proc.

1 hour ago, Ektelion said:

The proc chance is 5%

You just keep your normal rotation though, sometimes rng helps you and the odds are that some abilities when felstriker procs wont be on cooldown on that moment, in the most cases you'll get a heroic strike being one of the crits ? but revenge? shield bash? those are abilities also, maybe not so good for impale bonus but they're definitelly abilities that when they crit they do more aggro.

but afterall if you dont have it you definitelly shouldn't go around and do 141 jed+red runs lmao, you can get something equal outside of that damn place i bet.

its feels to me its my best tank weapon so far when it comes to threat, its just that feeling that it gives me and i have quel'serrar,ironfoe,maladath,felstriker to use when tanking

RIP the TF dream!

9 minutes ago, Ektelion said:

, but as a true warrior you should be knowledged about all the aspects of your class ;)

So we will use an inferior weapon to hope RNG lines up with 6 second cooldowns?  One being extremely weak (revenge).

Shield bash shouldn't be apart of TPS rotation, and Heroic strike isn't used very often.  Normally sacrificing the usage of shield block to use, with the exception of Chromag and Nef as they do enough damage to use both. (Not a 1.3 HS spam though).

Aim better when you take shots...

Crit does not double the base threat of an ability.

So yeah revenge is weak.  Shield bash is as well when looking at it from a damage stand point.  If the bosses had zero armor, sure a crit shield bash would compete with a sunder.

That doesn't justify using Felstriker for 12 second Cool down shield bash to be a tiny bit better and only when timed with RNG.

2-shots, 2-misses.

12 hours ago, Shevy said:

Undertanker do u even tank bro?

NA, never a day.

@retarded who keeps failing at knowledge.

Crits do not effect the base threat of an ability.  It is base threat + damage done. Crits increase damage done only.  It does not magically double the base threat as well.  Fact.  Not opinion.

That's 3 strikes, you're out.

1 hour ago, Undertanker said:

NA, never a day.

@retarded who keeps failing at knowledge.

Crits do not effect the base threat of an ability.  It is base threat + damage done. Crits increase damage done only.  It does not magically double the base threat as well.  Fact.  Not opinion.

That's 3 strikes, you're out.

If u never tank please don't post stuff mate!

EDIT: Shieldslam generates 250 flat threat, plus extra threat from damage, modified by defensive stance + talent aggro multiplier! Revenge same stuff, 315 plus dmg! On AQ release, u get next rank for HS and Revenge! So those 2 abilities MUST be on cd at all times!

Edited by Shevy