Jump to content
Link

The Gates of Ahn’Qiraj

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I immediately realized that the only scarab lords will be human. Could fix this by breaking human racial. #notblizzlike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the post.  Love the mount being a race and coveted like it was in Vanilla.  Not the... "hey let's all wait to turn so we can all get a mount" game that was brought about in BC with the last few remaining fresh servers to have the event.  It was a race.  It was coveted.  People got jelly of anyone on a scarab mount.  You guys want a Vanilla experience, human racials were active in Vanilla.  If you were that concerned over whether you would have a legitimate shot at the mount and deemed that Human racial was the only way to go, you could have chose human.  Get over it or nolife the chain and coordinate with other guilds.

 

I do agree with what others have mentioned about the turn-ins being so high, but I'll wait to see how it plays out before I judge.  

 

GJ Elysium.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have at least 3-4 weeks to reroll human it's all fine.

Your mistake to not roll the true master race of Azeroth with 12 years of game knowledge. x)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Basics said:

Love the post.  Love the mount being a race and coveted like it was in Vanilla.  Not the... "hey let's all wait to turn so we can all get a mount" game that was brought about in BC with the last few remaining fresh servers to have the event.  It was a race.  It was coveted.  People got jelly of anyone on a scarab mount.  You guys want a Vanilla experience, human racials were active in Vanilla.  If you were that concerned over whether you would have a legitimate shot at the mount and deemed that Human racial was the only way to go, you could have chose human.  Get over it or nolife the chain and coordinate with other guilds.

 

I do agree with what others have mentioned about the turn-ins being so high, but I'll wait to see how it plays out before I judge.  

 

GJ Elysium.  

you technically can still have the mount race by delaying the quest until war effort is completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

442f67ae.jpg

"Silithid Carapace Fragments will be group-dropped, but will be bind on pickup, so the player attempting to complete the quest line MUST BE PRESENT  in killing the mobs. (All Silithid Carapace Fragments will be unbound after the opening of the gates.)"

ЛОЛ что? Нахрена?

 

Edited by DezerT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are actually ok with all this, lul. You people have fallen way to far down the rabbit hole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Hype

But imo might be a little overboard with the nonblizz changes. I thought you'd just scale the resource requirements to fit the population difference. But limits on the number of players gaining mounts? What if more than 6 people did the work on time? Increased difficulty of events? And sucks for all those people who were stockpiling and thought they were being helpful, turns our Elysium staff just looked into your banks and made sure the requirements were higher...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you are going to realize the experience would be anything but "blizzlike" with 200 scarab lords runing around because ppl hold on to materials until they are done casually grinding fragments and will now have to turn in or nothing happens. Or with a war effort completed within 3 days ?

Get a clue about how things were during the release of this patch years ago. Every server had a super low amount of scrub lords for an average of 2 000 - 2 500 players on most populated realms. It's around 3x more players on Anathema and we will have 3x more scrub lords with the mount. You have better ways of achieving that ? You think every scrub lord wannabe should get the mount regardless of the commitment it is supposed to represent ?

Go ahead with the suggestions (instead of the QQ?) that would make sure things that matter end up matching what actually happened : an effort, as in war effort, and very few chosen ones able to be rewarded with what is to be rarest mount in the game.

Stop whining start fishing. 

Edited by Slicy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Healy said:

Awesome! Hype

But imo might be a little overboard with the nonblizz changes. I thought you'd just scale the resource requirements to fit the population difference. But limits on the number of players gaining mounts? What if more than 6 people did the work on time? Increased difficulty of events? And sucks for all those people who were stockpiling and thought they were being helpful, turns our Elysium staff just looked into your banks and made sure the requirements were higher...

Clearly you didn't read the post.... Some of the mats are stockpiled more then we set the limit to.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Link said:

Clearly you didn't read the post.... Some of the mats are stockpiled more then we set the limit to.....

I did! I just meant the population is x3 retail vanilla servers but some of the resources are +x20 retail requirements. Just an opinion, and I see the flip side, nobody wants the war effort to end the first day.

 

8 minutes ago, Slicy said:

Go ahead with the suggestions (instead of the QQ?) that would make sure things that matter end up matching what actually happened : an effort, as in war effort, and very few chosen ones able to be rewarded with what is to be rarest mount in the game.

Stop whining start fishing. 

People cleared MC first week of server launch and BWL within a few hours of the patch. That's not matching what actually happened! Should they make changes?

Not trying to flame, just having a discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difference between raid content and that kind of content is that the latter involves server wide features, events and whatnot which are not gonna be decided by 40 nerds blazing through an instanced raid. 

Wrong game / xpac if you are looking for hard content by the way. 

Also MC and BWL cleared day 1 by so few guilds you can still consider it is a challenge for the vast majority. Let's see how long it will take for a MAJORITY of guilds to entirely clear AQ40. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

I would like to know why the badge quests are being delayed too. 

they don't come out till after AQ is opened. that's how it worked in vanilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kolbasnik said:

Ehm, and where to see the progress for turn in?

-ironforge - Military ward - War effort commander. Talk to him --> see Alliance progress & combined progress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nadlek said:

did you guys add the 1.10/1.11 items? -.-

it's 1.9 patch as far as I can see.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Owondyah said:

it's 1.9 patch as far as I can see.... 

but 1.11 items are added. don hulious av band for example can be bought now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's what i was trying to say,

i wasnt scholo yet, but atlas says those blue sets are ingame which shouldnt be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 минут назад, Wortgewandt сказал:

but 1.11 items are added. don hulious av band for example can be bought now

It is patch 1.9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 минуту назад, Nadlek сказал:

that's what i was trying to say,

i wasnt scholo yet, but atlas says those blue sets are ingame which shouldnt be

Please report it on bug tracker. I will look over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting changes to the scepter quest. I'll be pretty damn upset if its all humans abusing their 10% advantage

Edited by Haestingas
reasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slicy said:

Difference between raid content and that kind of content is that the latter involves server wide features, events and whatnot which are not gonna be decided by 40 nerds blazing through an instanced raid. 

Wrong game / xpac if you are looking for hard content by the way. 

Also MC and BWL cleared day 1 by so few guilds you can still consider it is a challenge for the vast majority. Let's see how long it will take for a MAJORITY of guilds to entirely clear AQ40. 

Hmm good points, I guess since the quest line affects how long the entire server gets to experience the event, it makes sense to scale it up a little. I'm still sticking to disagreeing with mount limit though! If 20 people all go full no life mode and finish before the timer, they should all be able to get it. And the more people who get there the less likely they're all going to wait for their buddies to ring it. I can see a lot of people getting ripped off with this limit, doesn't seem fair imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×