Sign in to follow this  
lineupofpeace

Good rate of gold per hour while farming?

I can do about 25g per hour pretty consistently at level 60 as a poorly geared hunter. Seems low to me, but given population size lots of mats are going for really cheap on the AH so maybe it's not so bad.

Thoughts?

just solo farm maraudon(goblin - princess - croc, you need the scepter for it)

first id recommend you a tank pet like a boar and  get it to lvl 60 and loyalty 6. you can get a level 60 board with max rank charge in the eastern plaguelands(at the top left) and can just idle with it to get it to loyalty 6(dont forget to feed it tho, but once you reach loyalty 3 you can basically just afk and check in every hour or so to feed it)

both the attunement(scepter) and farm can be done with bad gear(done it myself), you just have to practice it a bit and probably want lots of mage food/water since you will need to feign/drink at princess often, since you cant dps her down quickly enough without healing your pet often. might not be a bad idea to start out with a few cheap buff scrolls and maybe pots, but you wont need anything once you get used to it.

i think even if you are slow you will def make at least that 25/h but once you can do it properly( about 5 runs/hour, but 4 are okay aswell) you will probably make 40-50g/hour on average(it depends on the itemdrops, some sell for more some for less, having disenchanting will help you a bit with the bad selling items or the ring that is unique lootable)

there should be a topic in the hunter forums, and raziya's topic(its a sticky) has a link to some tutorials for that. keep in mind you will need to adapt a bit since he has decent gear, but like i said its easily doable and profitable once you get the hang of it, even with starter gear.

Edited by Trales

21 hours ago, TTL said:

Roll mage, aoe farm BRD, collect 50g+ an hr.

I make more then that as restodruid selling 100hp headleg enchants :/

37 minutes ago, Spanishboss said:

i make 525g /hour atm, guess how.

blacklotus or some other high selling mat would be my guess

3 minutes ago, rajinsu said:

blacklotus or some other high selling mat would be my guess

you cant make even half as much with lotus if im not mistaken, good guess tho!

dont even need to sheep a certain anything tho, its all about organisation, ill put an example:

30 chinas from SMALL GROUP guild come down crater, kiled our 2 farmers, and before they could get a second leather we were camping them with 30 ppl and covering GY ress ( ye they ressed and got camped 40 more mins).

all of this isnt worth 25g/hour, but it certainly is 500g/hour. ppl always QQ and then wonder why retail became a shit kid game

2 hours ago, Spanishboss said:

dont even need to sheep a certain anything tho, its all about organisation, ill put an example:

30 chinas from SMALL GROUP guild come down crater, kiled our 2 farmers, and before they could get a second leather we were camping them with 30 ppl and covering GY ress ( ye they ressed and got camped 40 more mins).

all of this isnt worth 25g/hour, but it certainly is 500g/hour. ppl always QQ and then wonder why retail became a shit kid game

am i allowed to call your mr.bigdick?

17 hours ago, Justme said:

oh yes, sounds like so much fun.

Having gold makes everything fun, and all the chars you have fun with.

Edited by Xylon666Darkstar

42 minutes ago, Xylon666Darkstar said:

Having gold makes everything fun, and all the chars you have fun with.

If you spend 4 hours/week farming and 4hours/week raiding then there ain't much time left to have fun 

I spend only 2 hrs week raiding. Lol WTF wastes 4 hrs on MC/Ony in fucking 2017??? Don't need to farm when you have gold.

Also, PvP is the most fun. Don't just ignore one aspect of the game for the sake of the other. Play PvP and pve.

6 minutes ago, Xylon666Darkstar said:

I spend only 2 hrs week raiding. Lol WTF wastes 4 hrs on MC/Ony in fucking 2017??? Don't need to farm when you have gold.

Also, PvP is the most fun. Don't just ignore one aspect of the game for the sake of the other. Play PvP and pve.

Mage spotted

59 minutes ago, Justme said:

He said pvp was most fun.

yea, but he cant really have fun in pve as a mage unless he uses something like this and goes afk

schluckspecht-2.900x0.jpg

On 03/12/2017 at 7:03 AM, lineupofpeace said:

I can do about 25g per hour pretty consistently at level 60 as a poorly geared hunter. Seems low to me, but given population size lots of mats are going for really cheap on the AH so maybe it's not so bad.

Thoughts?

My first 60 in vanilla I was doing the same.

As a hunter, you'll maximize your gold per hour by solo farming mara.

If for whatever reason you cannot do it, you can 3man farm magistrate/unforgiven/hearthsinger/rares in stratholme. You can make upwards of 50 per hour and as little as 25.

Alternatively you can learn to monopolize the AH

On 3/13/2017 at 7:51 AM, Spanishboss said:

But you still have to be Spanish?

I know how to do 15 gold / 1 day only or even less. Need to make dungeons with random ppl. total waste of time and gold.