Shenna

Anathema PvP — Unexpected Downtime

Just now, chase_le_mofo said:

Why don't you guys just use patreon for this and avoid all the bullshit that can happen?

this

Just now, chase_le_mofo said:

Why don't you guys just use patreon for this and avoid all the bullshit that can happen?

stop blaming the server its these charge backers

Yeah. I know how credit works. And how it works when they charged it back.

But how did they paid with this money to the server-hosting-company and didn't checked if they had the money.

Eitherway if you believe me or not; it's elysiums fault. They trusted they donations and didn't consider someone could charge back their donation. Hence they didn't checked if their payment was backed up with money...

You can make excuses, but this is how it is. Sad. But well, dicks are everywhere, you have to expect them.

Tried to donate on paypal, got an error saying cannot send payment at this time three times.  I have money in my paypal accnt so thats not the issue.  Anyone able to figure out the problem so I can donate?

I hope this gets sorted Quickly, to smooth out the ride.

And i suspect there was some Bullying before the whole recall of funds and the "Guilds" exit. Seems a really nasty thing to do to a server of 10.000+.

A comment on the payment methods for the Anathema server (also others), as it goes to show with this specific problem, having one source paying for an extended period is not a good way to have a server payed for.

Where Transparency is concerned i suggest you make a separate bank account, with max transparency of transfers and direct donations there. The admins can then pay for the server directly from that account, it would also encourage small donations, which can be considerable.

Cheers for your efforts admins!

1 minute ago, Phenex said:

But how did they paid with this money to the server-hosting-company and didn't checked if they had the money.

Eitherway if you believe me or not; it's elysiums fault. They trusted they donations and didn't consider someone could charge back their donation. Hence they didn't checked if their payment was backed up with money...

You can make excuses, but this is how it is. Sad. But well, dicks are everywhere, you have to expect them.

because they got charged back after they paid the company

Только что, WarlockMega сказал:

так, я ухожу на БК сервер играть, удачи с расследованием, и верните Valkuria wow, там такой херни не было.

Вот честно, тоже бы ушел ( уверен, что ты про hellground ), но все упирается в моё "отличное" знание английского. Перевели бы квесты там на русич... убежал бы мигом)

2 minutes ago, Silverstrong said:

And i suspect there was some Bullying before the whole recall of funds and the "Guilds" exit. Seems a really nasty thing to do to a server of 10.000+.

A comment on the payment methods for the Anathema server (also others), as it goes to show with this specific problem, having one source paying for an extended period is not a good way to have a server payed for.

Where Transparency is concerned i suggest you make a separate bank account, with max transparency of transfers and direct donations there. The admins can then pay for the server directly from that account, it would also encourage small donations, which can be considerable.

Great idea.. Is there an example of this somewhere? Someone who did this?

Just now, judgejewdy said:

because they got charged back after they paid the company

Sorry but it's still their fault. You can make up excuses for them. But I don't care. I donated a bit. And hope they will learn from their mistake and take things a bit more professional.

If i click on the paypal link i see a picture for the zeth kur realm.. Will my donations go to anathema ??

At the moment it is not clear. also in what currency do i need to pay? usd/eur? does it matter?

Decided to donate 5 euro (not knowing if it will end up @ anathema and how much is recuired), for the effort elysium staff has put in this project.

Will donate more if provided with proper transparency about donation needs.

Edited by mrsnappi

8 minutes ago, Phenex said:

Haha ^ this xD
"Eitherway if you believe me or not; it's elysiums fault." Do the people hosting this Server have some sort of magical foresight!?

"They trusted they donations and didn't consider someone could charge back their donation. Hence they didn't checked if their payment was backed up with money..."

^ my gut hurts. Lmao.

How could they have checked these guy's banks 2 see if they really had the money? They did donate real money. They just pulled out of it, an took their money back. (Again, how would the Server hosts have the foresight to know that specific Guild was going to pooch them..)

"You can make excuses, but this is how it is. Sad. But well, dicks are everywhere, you have to expect them." <<< Ur One Of Them!! Ahah!

Edited by Zekay

What about an option to copy our Chars to Darrowshire, that we could play on both Servers? 

That would be nice...

6 minutes ago, Silverstrong said:

A payment of this size was made directly to OVH and was accepted.  They've filed the chargeback a full 3 weeks after the payment was accepted and processed.  You CAN'T plan for that without having paid even further in advance.  Elysium devs always told us that the server was paid up through May....that was this individual's direct payment.

I would love to donate, but I don't feel like it's safe when you guys aren't showing the amount needed and the current amount donated.

Can you please be transparent about these numbers? How much do you currently need to get the server running again? Add a progress bar to the front page. I'm not going to donate until you do this.

Edited by Entorian

1 minute ago, Zekay said:

Haha ^ this xD
"Eitherway if you believe me or not; it's elysiums fault." Do the people hosting this Server have some sort of magical foresight!?

"They trusted they donations and didn't consider someone could charge back their donation. Hence they didn't checked if their payment was backed up with money..."

^ my gut hurts. Lmao.

How could they have checked these guy's banks 2 see if they really had the money? They did donate real money. They just pulled out of it, an took their money back. (Again, how would the Server hosts have foresight to know that specific Guild was going to pooch them..)

You can make excuses, but this is how it is. Sad. But well, dicks are everywhere, you have to expect them. <<< Ur One Of Them!! Ahah!

You see a donation of 2k and never ask yourself if it was fake?
Why didn't you had more money on your account then you need to pay for the server, in case someone charged back their money?

And i doubt they will put the server on hold, because of one missed payment after one day. As written it was paid till end of february. 

I have nothing to do with the guild or whatever; i donated a bit. Because i enjoy to play classic wow. And I understand that it's a private server, which is not backed up by a company or something like that.

Still the transperancy of all this lack on all ends. No viewable progress on donations, etc.. Several ppl posted solutions which should be thought about before this happened. 

I will not post again. Hope servers will be up again soon.

48 minutes ago, taladril said:

To the guild that charged back in an obvious attempt to make a statement: you're scum. Also please graduate from a child's maturity level and understand that donation means giving freely. You didn't "pay" for content and aren't "getting a refund" because you didn't like the product.

I completely agree with that 100% , if that happen earlier,  even Alex wouldn't mean anything in previous drama.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Just now, Phenex said:

You see a donation of 2k and never ask yourself if it was fake?
Why didn't you had more money on your account then you need to pay for the server, in case someone charged back their money?

And i doubt they will put the server on hold, because of one missed payment after one day. As written it was paid till end of february. 

I have nothing to do with the guild or whatever; i donated a bit. Because i enjoy to play classic wow. And I understand that it's a private server, which is not backed up by a company or something like that.

Still the transperancy of all this lack on all ends. No viewable progress on donations, etc.. Several ppl posted solutions which should be thought about before this happened. 

I will not post again. Hope servers will be up again soon.

Hahaha!

So your using multiple theoretical situations to justify your one point, that its the Server & Server Hosts fault.

"I will not post again. Hope servers will be up again soon."

^ bye Goofy!

The invoices should probably be posted in the announcement to help keep the tin foil hat nerds away. That said, hopefully you can set up donations through a service which allows us to see the donation balance in the future.

Wake up! Private Servers are illegal folks. Your asking for them to post a Direct Donate Link, and fucking Dollar Count on their Homepage is like begging for Blizzard 2 come shut this place down. They aren't even suppose to be taking Donations.

Pretty sure they try to make as few link between Elysium and the server payment for legal reason. As long as the server are paid by mostly anonymous people world wide, they have less chance on giving any ground to money base accusation. But , if people can withdraw payment, a new way need to be find. They should have learn when some stupid Youtuber did the same, now we are getting the copycat. Just by explaining it and showing the disastrous result, you ask for more copycat. 

Edited by Oudeis