Shenna

Recent Issues & Future Plans

2 minutes ago, metagame said:

All servers have lost avg playercount because the hype of a new server launch is wearing off.

It's true that ZK is hurt the most by the population decline but I don't think the majority of people want the servers to merge. I'm sure when the dev team feels it is appropriate they will advertise the server through the proper channels and raise up the population again.

I mean, we are bottoming out at 700 now with new lows every morning, it was 900 just a few days ago. Jakira or w/e tried to put up the front that Zeth was getting all the new players a few weeks ago but that turned out to be blatantly false judging by these past few weeks events lol.

Outside of a server merge or locking character creation on Elysium there isn't much the staff could do to salvage Zeth'Kur.

16 minutes ago, indi said:

You're completely missing the point. Zeth'Kur was never advertised as the "Blizzlike" server, it used to peak 5k, now we are bottoming out with new lows in the triple digits each week. If the population was stable, sure, maybe 2.5k would be alright, but the issue is Zeth'Kur is losing players every single day. This will only get worse as most of the server is hitting level 60 and turning to raid logging because there isn't much else to do at the moment. The ranking scene is barely alive and you end up sitting in ques on both Alliance and Horde for significant periods of the day.

Both Elysium and Zeth have lost enough players to warrant a successful merge, as it stands both servers combined would struggle to break 10k and have lows of around 6k, very similar to what we had on Nostalrius.

Another issue is the matter of server funding, is it really viable to continue to pay 310 euros per month for a server that is sinking population wise? It seems extremely overkill to pay for that kind of hardware when your server is averaging around 1.2k people.

I wonder if this has anything to do with you and your guild constantly spamming that the server is dead for the last month?

1 minute ago, Onyxia said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with you and your guild constantly spamming that the server is dead for the last month?

As much as I enjoy the "Zeth'kur . . . dying" meme I find it hard to believe our worldchat shitposting is responsible for losing 3k+ players lol.

1 minute ago, indi said:

As much as I enjoy the "Zeth'kur . . . dying" meme I find it hard to believe our worldchat shitposting is responsible for losing 3k+ players lol.

I think if I was a level 25 and joined world chat to see people constantly mourning the server and saying everyone should quit, I would pack it up and not waste my time.  The "meme" is only a meme to people who are in on it.  It was a stupid troll meme, and to pretend that it didn't affect the population when you look at elysium population staying way more consistent would be delusional

Just fix some damn bugs already - and all the population dropping would slow down or even stop.   Best case - there could be starting to come players again, when they realize that bugs are indeed fixed and not ignored.

Just now, Onyxia said:

I think if I was a level 25 and joined world chat to see people constantly mourning the server and saying everyone should quit, I would pack it up and not waste my time.  The "meme" is only a meme to people who are in on it.  It was a stupid troll meme, and to pretend that it didn't affect the population when you look at elysium population staying way more consistent would be delusional

Once again, it isn't realistic to blame worldchat shitposting on a 3k+ exodus of players. Not to mention the population drop affected all servers, not just ours, we just felt it the most due to our already low pop compared to our peers at Elysium.

3 минуты назад, indi сказал:

What did you expect? It meant to be causal server, all of them went back to legion.

I'm with you concerning the hardware merge of servers. It is pretty much a waste if ZK runs on the same hardware configuration Elysium is on. But i can also understand that it gives some security to have the servers on different physical servers. All in all there might be some potential to reduce server cost when thinking about this. 

Merging ZK into Elysium will probably not hurt the Elysium community much but i think it will be a big deal for ZKers. ZK is more slow paced and chilled and an population increase of about 5 times will hit people like a truck. It is nothing to be done lightly.

2 minutes ago, Lihweja said:

I'm with you concerning the hardware merge of servers. It is pretty much a waste if ZK runs on the same hardware configuration Elysium is on. But i can also understand that it gives some security to have the servers on different physical servers. All in all there might be some potential to reduce server cost when thinking about this. 

Merging ZK into Elysium will probably not hurt the Elysium community much but i think it will be a big deal for ZKers. ZK is more slow paced and chilled and an population increase of about 5 times will hit people like a truck. It is nothing to be done lightly.

I agree to several of your points, however I believe merging the two servers will make most (see anyone who is level 60 on Zeth'Kur) happy. If Tom the level 32 dwarf hunter is upset because he went from an empty questing zone in STV to a filled one, then so be it. Would rather play on a server that is alive, and not a dying one at the expense of levelers being unhappy.

Good work keep it up , I agree with the grizzler (Self loathing kicks in) would like more advanced notice on the patch releases.

I, for one, a raider on both Anathema and Elysium, would prefer not merging Elysium with ZK. Elysium currently has the (in my opinion) perfect population-density: lots of ppl in both pve (pugs, raiding, etc) and pvp. I'd advice you to stop advertising your server are "dying", stop the memes along the same subject and try to make it a place where ppl WANT to roll a new character. GL, regardless.

Edited by Genuwinedk
Typos

As always, thank you for your hard work!

fuk the h8ers and shills.

6 minutes ago, Dragotix said:

Just one question YOU say patch 1.3 is incoming so do we get DIRE MAUL also?!

Patch 1.3.0 was Dire Maul release - and you said you do patches blizzlike

her the old notes to patch 1.3.0: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.3.0

check the timeline , it's actualy posted!

https://elysium-project.org/timeline

Edited by artan

Would be very interested in hearing about the war effort since Anathema's population is dropping quickly

Are there any Patch Notes for the March 25 (1.3)? Is it just the two world bosses and thats it or some minor itemization or BoP BoE changes?

I see the thing with Zeth'kur in a diffrent light than most here posted.

Actually the population is by far not as high, as on Elysium and Co. but much people there started when Elysium started and doesn't enjoy the queues, full places and population. There are much points WHY this could be so - but its mainly to these players to dont get merged because they would be not able to play here anymore.

The Community "here" at the server is more chill-based at Leveling Phase - mostly not interested to rush the game - every person have there own expections what "fast" means - and this should be allowed for each himself :-)

I for example dont want the places more crowded - i see people everywhere yet, have all time open PvP without a Problem and getting groups for nearly every elite quest or dungeon! But i dont have the time to wait in queues for the server entry at the time i have to actually play a game - thats a no go for me.

5 hours ago, Jabark said:

You forget that Darrowshire is a PVE server. I personally have no interest in getting my ass handed to me constantly while trying to level up.

I said 3.