Sign in to follow this  
RonaldoR9

The blizzlike population

Hi,

I just read somewhere that the population on vanilla servers werent meant to be capped at 2500 players. it was raised soon after release in 2005. but im not sure weather this is true or not or if the cap was raised to a large extent or not.

dont worry about blizzlike pop just merge zeth'kur and elysium.

Edited by RonaldoR9

8 hours ago, RonaldoR9 said:

dont worry about blizzlike pop just merge zeth'kur and elysium.

If this happens, please let my zk character transfer to anathema, don't wanna play with elysium realm. Or delete the account, save me the work.

Do any of the people screaming for a merge actually play on the server? I do, and I don't see the issue. There are people around all the time, although it isn't over crowded. Based on the auction house, I'd say it has about a third of the population of Elysium, but it's still pretty active when I'm online. Personally, I have no problem with the population at all and don't see what you're so upset about. Please find a new topic for drama and move along. Go bitch about Ungoro some more and leave ZK alone.

Edited by Kuthela

There was a news article around the time of WoW's release where Blizzard stated that all of their servers were at capacity, supporting 100k simultaneous players.

There were 40 servers at launch.

100,000 players / 40 servers = 2,500 cap for each server.

It's not entirely too hard. You copy the char and recreate it on the other realm. It'll help Anathemas pop and help Elysium with overcrowding

Yeah but how much time does it take to do that vs a 2 server merge?  There's probably 10k accounts or more on zeth.  Im trying to look at it from the admins perspective.    

Also Elysium is not even close to over crowded in my opinion but I'm sure anathema could some more ppl.

Don't understand. What's the purpose to compare a server capacity with 12 years ago? I once had a custom workstation with 4-socket Tyan mainboard and 4 x AMD Opteron 885 for rendering purpose at 2006 and almost any laptop made after 2010 can beat it...

No. ZK crybabies should reroll. No way you get this much attachment to your character after a couple of months - if so go outside instead of playing this game.

People on Elysium has fought much harder for their levels, gear and proffesions. (Things like TC is a joke on zk where on elysium it's very hard to get)

It's in NO WAY fair that the people who chose the easy option upon launch should get free transfers to the realm where people have actually gone through alot of shit to advance a little bit. Yea sure it's harder to rank on ZK and maybe in past weeks at US times it's hard to find a group for certain dungeons but SUCK IT UP - YOU chose this realm. YOU had the chance to roll on elysium. YOU lacked the common sense to realize that the realm would shrink like nost pve realm did/many other new vanilla realms. It is ENTIRELY your own fault. YOU want to play on a populated server, then YOU reroll.

@slibzshady

Since launch the admins openly stated if a merge would be needed down the road they would be doing it.   ZK was an overflow fix due to queues.  Their choice to move their, you as well as all Elysium players benefited from as it reduced YOUR queue times, reduced YOUR leveling difficulties, and increased YOUR time in game vs fighting the queue boss.  It works both ways.

@OP

As I've pointed out in many other threads that discuss this (not sure why we needed another one but okay) the server lease for ZK expires in May.  I expect action to this issue to be taken before this expiration rather than renewing for 3+ months for the OVH services.  Just hold tight, and farm limited resources such as herbs/nodes while you can.

16 hours ago, slibzshady said:

YOU lacked the common sense to realize that the realm would shrink like nost pve realm did/many other new vanilla realms. It is ENTIRELY your own fault.

Nice example you got there. 

Using the only server that havent been dropping in population as example really show you got no clue.

Good job