we are having worse Hyperinflation than that in germany from 1921

Shenna you get this wrong,population isnot shrinking due to your gold selling....

pop is shrinking because its crazy when flask goes 250 gold per and black lotus about 150 gold + when AQ40 isnot even out yet. give me a break

fix this stuff or server is fucked

Do you really think there is a solution to a problem created by players mainly like this one ?

I'd be glad to hear it. The only way to actually try to counter an inflation with no reason to stop is to print more money afaik x)

PS : Don't say "faster repawn on herbs" etc. There is already a custom feature added to the game for that. If it's not activated that's because pop is back to blizzlike numbers so respawn on herbs/veins go back to blizzlike.

53 minutes ago, Slicy said:

Do you really think there is a solution to a problem created by players mainly like this one ?

I'd be glad to hear it. The only way to actually try to counter an inflation with no reason to stop is to print more money afaik x)

PS : Don't say "faster repawn on herbs" etc. There is already a custom feature added to the game for that. If it's not activated that's because pop is back to blizzlike numbers so respawn on herbs/veins go back to blizzlike.

Ofc faster respown on herbs will fix the problem.  THE REASON why ppl are leaving server is because they cant afford consumables for raid. this is insane.

if they double or tripple herbs spown rate ,price will drop down to blizzlike cost ( 50 gold per flask)  ppl are not gonna buy more herbs than they actualy need for raid.

use your brain. if flask goes 250 gold per instead of 50 gold ,that means there is not enough herb for whole server to be consumabled for raid. it has to scale with number of ppl who actualy want to raid fuck sake

you might not wanna do it, as you wish, but this is the main reason why server is gonna get shut down in new future due to population

4 minutes ago, Drain said:

Just stop buying them. Then the prices will go back down.

only casual  who doesnot play top tier can say that.

its like if you said germans dont print more money just stop buying bread when they were allready dieing of hunger

My guild has all current content on farm status and has for months now. It's like if made crap up, you might be wrong.

33 minutes ago, Drain said:

My guild has all current content on farm status and has for months now. It's like if made crap up, you might be wrong.

first of all there is no content up yet. content starts witch AQ40 and naxx.

second you will eventualy dry out. by the time you do server will be dead anyway if they dont increase herb spown rate at least two times

Reposting from suggestion forum to here since some people are confused about terminology used in economics: 

"To those commenting on inflation, the ratio of ingame gold vs prices as a whole going up would be acceptable.

This is not an example of inflation though.   This is the most basic example of supply vs demand.

If it was simply inflation, this would never be a discussion, since all items would increase by a relatively same rate of value across the board, meaning the numbers are high, but the amount of farm time to purchase said items would be the same.  This is not the case.

The % of population that raided beyond ZG/MC was very low in 2005/2006.  The consumable consumption rate is out the roof compared to retail servers back then.  The amount of guilds clearing content is extremely high on the server compared to back then.   While the concurrent online population is getting around that of a full retail server, the amount of active players is higher, just a lot of people raid log.   With out paying that subscription, you don't have that feeling of "I need to play more to justify the cost".   

I played on Warsong - NA server back in 2005/2006 and even with AQ40 released, you could count the amount of guilds that had BWL on farm on 1 hand. There are 119 guilds that have cleared BWL on Anathema alone.   AQ40, 2 guilds, 2 guilds stepped into Naxx, 1 of which got Spider Wing down, other only Anub.   We had a 750+ queue every weekday raid night.  This point of the server, it was the two top guilds poaching the best of the MC farm guilds.

This is why in 2006 on patch 1.12.1 you could get a flask for 49-55g at most (with a 750+ logon queue ie: not a dead server), compared to 220+ gold here without even having content out that will need flask.

TL;DR:

25x the amount of successful raiding guilds on 1 server compared to retail vanilla, same spawn rate of resources.   Supply vs demand, not inflation.

44 minutes ago, Khree said:

first of all there is no content up yet. content starts witch AQ40 and naxx.

second you will eventualy dry out. by the time you do server will be dead anyway if they dont increase herb spown rate at least two times

So content that's in the game now, isn't content? Ok. If you'll excuse me now, I need to get back to my rainbow ship. I use it to farm them herb spowns.

7 hours ago, Khree said:

its like if you said germans dont print more money just stop buying bread when they were allready dieing of hunger

You're the casual if you can't bring your A-game.

If you wanna be #1 you better come up with a way to be #1. Giving everyone free pots is not gonna make you toptier.

Your bread example is dumb. Not everyone needs pots for raids. Only the toptier raiders do. If you're not able to get the pots then you're not a toptier raider.

In your example I wouldn't marry someone that can't afford bread when looking for a top quality wife. It's her responsability to get her shit sorted. If she can't then she's free to marry someone that doesn't mind marrying a starving lady (read: join a more casual guild if you can't get the pots)

Stop feeling entitled to chugging flasks, mongoose and shit when it's not even needed and yet you still wipe on current content.

Like I said, it's a problem created by players. Massive amount of players raiding and chugging through more than 1 or 2 mongoose stacks / week for instance is what makes the demand way too high compared to the supply.

Raising spawn rates just gonna make us herbalists richer or keeping more stacks for ourselves. There is no reason to list herb stacks at the AH for 25g when there are so many (dumb) players with thousand gold runing around willing to pay 50g+ for each stack on a regular basis.

The reasons server has population drops are mainly due to terrible decision making from staff when it comes to opening new realms (and how they renamed them) as well as the never ending delay for AQ and stupid af War Effort. Herbs costing more is merely a side effect of a NORMAL inflation before a content actually "requiring" stuff like flasks is released. This kind of inflation on raiding consums/herbs is happening before every content release. You're just stupid if you don't understand why.

Nerfing instances was a smart move.

Not adjusting spawn rates is another smart move.

Watching the resource prices rise - is a master plan, becoming a reality.

To buy, you need gold.  To get gold you need to farm.  Low farming options = low income.

So you buy gold.

8 hours ago, Khree said:

lol, top tier in a 12 year old game.

lol`ed so much. 

43 minutes ago, Gehere said:

Nerfing instances was a smart move.

Not adjusting spawn rates is another smart move.

Watching the resource prices rise - is a master plan, becoming a reality.

To buy, you need gold.  To get gold you need to farm.  Low farming options = low income.

So you buy gold.

Or you become less demanding. I don't steal banks because I need a ferrari

8 часов назад, Undertanker сказал:

Reposting from suggestion forum to here since some people are confused about terminology used in economics: 

"To those commenting on inflation, the ratio of ingame gold vs prices as a whole going up would be acceptable.

This is not an example of inflation though.   This is the most basic example of supply vs demand.

If it was simply inflation, this would never be a discussion, since all items would increase by a relatively same rate of value across the board, meaning the numbers are high, but the amount of farm time to purchase said items would be the same.  This is not the case.

The % of population that raided beyond ZG/MC was very low in 2005/2006.  The consumable consumption rate is out the roof compared to retail servers back then.  The amount of guilds clearing content is extremely high on the server compared to back then.   While the concurrent online population is getting around that of a full retail server, the amount of active players is higher, just a lot of people raid log.   With out paying that subscription, you don't have that feeling of "I need to play more to justify the cost".   

I played on Warsong - NA server back in 2005/2006 and even with AQ40 released, you could count the amount of guilds that had BWL on farm on 1 hand. There are 119 guilds that have cleared BWL on Anathema alone.   AQ40, 2 guilds, 2 guilds stepped into Naxx, 1 of which got Spider Wing down, other only Anub.   We had a 750+ queue every weekday raid night.  This point of the server, it was the two top guilds poaching the best of the MC farm guilds.

This is why in 2006 on patch 1.12.1 you could get a flask for 49-55g at most (with a 750+ logon queue ie: not a dead server), compared to 220+ gold here without even having content out that will need flask.

TL;DR:

25x the amount of successful raiding guilds on 1 server compared to retail vanilla, same spawn rate of resources.   Supply vs demand, not inflation.

there were more guilds that cleared bwl on warsong

on horde side alone there were 5-7 guilds, on alliance even more and Corp Hur cleared full naxx if i remember correctly

but i agree, compared to anathema there were much less players raiding high end content

I remember Corp Hur, Avatar the Hunter GM stealing ToeP was epic. 

I was in Damage Inc then Hell's Angels.  Epitaph or how ever you spelled it was furthest Naxx progression.  

This was part of the reason I stopped playing on Elysium.  It's also why I switched from Nost PvP to Nost PvE.  For me, gathering-crafting is 50% of the game.  When that ceases to be an option, 50% of my fun is gone.  On Nost PvP I would spend hours camping on one plaguebloom node...and I realized..this is fucking crazy.  On Elysium I would spend 1-2 hours each day, riding through zones to collect herbs and each time come away with a tiny handful.  I don't know if that's the way it was on Vanilla since I didn't play back in the day.  I do know, it's not fun or immersive, it's a drag.  Aside from that I found myself just waiting for ZG to come out for some entertainment and I found waiting isn't immersive or fun either. 

My guild is carrying on, and they're perfectly content.  Me, I'm moving on to more of a "fun" server with TBC.  Enough vanilla for me already.  Had 2 years of fun playing...I want to see TBC already!  Having it on the horizon to suddenly dissapear THREE TIMES NOW, tells me it's time to move on.

: )

15 hours ago, Khree said:

we are having worse Hyperinflation than that in germany from 1921

Shenna you get this wrong,population isnot shrinking due to your gold selling....

pop is shrinking because its crazy when flask goes 250 gold per and black lotus about 150 gold + when AQ40 isnot even out yet. give me a break

fix this stuff or server is fucked

This is not due to inflation. It has to do with low supply and high demand. With inflation you have normal supply and normal demand but the value of the currency goes down. I don't think the reason a Black Lotus cost 150g is because the value of gold is low, i think it's because the Black Lotus is very rare and the demnd is very high.

Also this is no way near the hyper inflation they had in Germany when they printed money to pay loans. They had 1 trillion - 1 000 000 000 000 decrease of currency value.

52 minutes ago, Shmigy429 said:

Seems like a pretty solid gold sink to me, which is actually healthy for the economy and not inflation... 

How is it a goldsink exactly?

10 minutes ago, Wrathran said:

How is it a goldsink exactly?

It gives players an option to spend their gold and the ah transaction fee removes gold from the player pool.

Well it's not really a gold-sink when you sell player2player, but yeah the Auction house have a small cut on everything and that's a goldsink.

17 minutes ago, Wrathran said:

Well it's not really a gold-sink when you sell player2player, but yeah the Auction house have a small cut on everything and that's a goldsink.

Yeah you're right, wasn't thinking that one through; was thinking of the AH as a black hole for money but most of it goes to the seller.

I heard there's not a lot of people on Zeth'Kur. You could easily reroll and farm for lotuses there. Less population = less competition for mats. Problem solved. /sarcasm

But seriously, supply and demand is a symptom of the disease. The disease itself is overpopulation. When a realm has 7.5k people online which is WAY more than Blizzard intended, but the spawn rates for mats don't change, there's a huge demand but little supply, which drives up the cost.

The solution isn't to increase the spawn rates, which would make the server further unBlizzlike. The solution is to decrease the population to be more Blizzlike.

We can go back and forth about how to do it, but in the end that's the solution. I suggest realm transfers.

At this rate, Elysium WILL die. 

A lot of the original Nostalrius players have quit this server, mainly due to the lies spouted by staff about AQ's release and the lies about the scripting ability of the development team. The non-blizzlike additions made by Elysium (possibly Nostalrius themselves) are also a factor, e.g. reduced chances to pickpocket in certain instances, mages are unable to farm DM for gold, other things like this. Took them months to fix fear+stun DC bug and it's back. The inflation, the gold dupes on Anathema, the custom-made Level 60's that are probably running around.

It's embarrassing how Anathema is now sitting at 2195. That's what the Nostalrius legacy amounted to, 2195. Even Darrowshire right now is under 1000. Zeth'Kur is sitting at a measly 600, Elysium is now at 4400. 

People are quitting more and more everyday and nothing is being done about it even with the amount of words typed about it.

Good luck Elysium, it's not looking good at all.