Qiraj

Some questions in general

Why do people say that the server is dying?

If that's true, why are so many connected people wasting their time?

Is it just toxic people or really true Elysium close their doors in a few months?

Why do I ask these questions? 

Day by day I see people saying the same thing through the chat, and I do not understand what reason leads the players to come to that idea.

A large portion of the playerbase come from previous private server projects that for various reasons have been shutdown. As far as I know the people running Elysium are the same people that ran Valkyrie before and they've been going since 2009 during which time MANY private servers has been started and shut down. I would argue that Elysium is probably the most stable private server provider currently.

TLDR: They wipe their asses with blizzards CND letters.

EDIT: Negative toxic players and shills from other servers basically.

Many thanks for your answers, the vanilla version in world of warcraft is my favorite, I love vanilla, I hope the community lasts a long time.

Greetings to all. <3

While I am enjoying myself here on Elysium. This server is far from great, still has a lot of bugs and weird shit. That being said don't listen to the trolls in chat, with the amount of active people here the server is far from dead. 

9 minutes ago, csant said:

While I am enjoying myself here on Elysium. This server is far from great, still has a lot of bugs and weird shit. That being said don't listen to the trolls in chat, with the amount of active people here the server is far from dead. 

Oh sweet summer child. If you'd ever seen the bugged wrecks that early private vanilla servers where. This is heaven in comparison:D

I've played on a few private servers and this one is far from the best buddy. Plus, you play on Anethema (spelling) and Elysium is probably different. I have no idea about coding. 

these rollbacks arent helping neither. 

5 minutes ago, csant said:

I've played on a few private servers and this one is far from the best buddy. Plus, you play on Anethema (spelling) and Elysium is probably different. I have no idea about coding. 

these rollbacks arent helping neither. 

Yeah, Anathema isnt perfect either. Last night we had a crash during raiding prime time (8:30pm to 9:30pm). Either way, these servers are indeed eons ahead of most competition.

3 minutes ago, Storfan said:

Yeah, Anathema isnt perfect either. Last night we had a crash during raiding prime time (8:30pm to 9:30pm). Either way, these servers are indeed eons ahead of most competition.

Im sure it is. 

I'm going to make a post about damage being a little out of wack. I don't remember seeing mages cone of cold hitting for 1200+ (and not shattered) and frost nova being such a large radius. Last night a hunter would pop aspect of the monkey and I couldn't hit everything was a dodge. I ask a friend if that has happen to him before and he said far too many times to be right. We're considering going back to warmane because of the weird stuff happening so much.  

2 hours ago, Tijeritas said:

Many thanks for your answers, the vanilla version in world of warcraft is my favorite, I love vanilla, I hope the community lasts a long time.

Greetings to all. <3

Yes, the game is way better than the later expansions.

Zeth'Kur started with a great population, always 6K online for first month, but 4 months later and it is dead. I don't think Elysium will go like that though. It's a shame they split the community over 4 servers though.

I would argue the majority of the player base on Anethema reigns from original Nost and have been apart of this Nost/Elysium/Anathema community for years. Its safe to assume the server wont "die" unless prompted by a drastic change in server stability. If net pop drops across the multiple servers it surely wont be to other vanilla servers, there are none that come close to Elysium at this time. Worst case, they have to merge pop into one server.

I just joined and was stunned at just how bumping Northshire Abey was on Elysium last night.  It wasn't exactly fighting over camps busy, but there were enough people out and a about that i was able to collect my grape buckets at the Defias farm w/o aggroing all the theives. 

No idea how it will be as I level up, but the community looks impressive to me so far.