Tenmillion

Level 40 gold help!

Hello friends. I just hit level 40! I also am nowhere near 90g for the mount. I did tailor and enchanting while leveling, both are at level 200. Just looking for some gold farm options. I even tried selling portals, both sitting and orgrimmar,  even going to Kargath last night. I ,adequate about 5g. Any advice on spots to farm where I won't get ass blasted from alliance? Low level dungeons I could grind? At 40 can I bypass the elites in smgy, to kill the ghosts? Thanks for any input, I'm at work right now trying to gather a list of ideas. Add me in game on elysium horde for all your portal needs!!      -Zapskie

Really thoughtful input to this conversation. Such contributions from a veteran such as yourself goes a long way.  Thank you so much! If you have any other ideas please don't let me know!

Ikr. On a more serious note, you could farm elemental earth. I dont know the prices on Eylsium or how much farmed it is, but on Anathema they go for around 3g each. Or just continue leveling without mount and buy it later, this is not uncommon in vanilla and might be even faster than farming gold.

Tigers and stuff in STV drop gray item that sells for a lot to vendor. Just grind those like everyone else does. Other than that there are some elementals in Arathi etc that you can go for, but they're not that plentiful and there are usually other people farming them.

The Rock Elementals in Badlands might make you some gold as well and there are many spots to grind them so that's highly recommended. If you had herbalism or mining you could really make a killing in Alterac Mountains, but since you're already 200+200 in your profs it's pointless and a giant waste of time to start leveling those now.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I haven't tried elemental earth farming, I'll check prices tonight and give that a go. Not a fan of killing Tigers in stv since it's a warzone there. Will definitely check out the earth elementals though

Farm elemental earth from rock elementals right next to kargath and grind there until 42. in the south there are also higher level mobs.

Just Google "vanilla database elemental earth" and look where it drops.

I hit up 40 with 100g thanks to farming turtles. You can farm the ones in the coast of dalaran or shimmering flats.

If I being ally could do it no problemo you being a dindu will have a easier time.

Leveling up tailoring and enchanting will help you later, but is hurting you now.

My advice would be to respec into aoe farm spec and consult this list for some good aoe farm spots. Mostly, don't get the frostbit talent and make sure to put points into imp blizz.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mage_area_of_effect_locations

This method is pretty good for leveling and will get you a lot of gold quickly.

Check youtube for some how to guides.

Good luck!

On 2/6/2017 at 2:01 PM, Tenmillion said:

I did tailor and enchanting while leveling, both are at level 200.

This was your mistake. Dont spend money on proffesions before getting your mount

Necros comment to say how I'm necroing to make fun.

+2

And for the ridiculous amount of mages it's one of the lowest thread count forume on the server, rip.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, Tenmillion said:

Necros comment to say how I'm necroing to make fun.

+2

And for the ridiculous amount of mages it's one of the lowest thread count forume on the server, rip.

To be fair, mages were a popular class to begin with. Which means there is just a ton of information already out there. Other than bugs and the occasional question there isn't much to talk about other than:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2z29Rk8814w

Spec Imp Blizzard and Permafrost and AoE profitable stuff like basilisks or turtles in shimmering flats.