Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mbd

Anathema's only population fix

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone.

I usually don't take my opinions or concerns to these forums much if at all, however recent weeks on Anathema have me close to quitting. I'm often seeing less than 1000 people online, and I'm happy if it reaches 2000, which is a far cry from the figures when I first started, or even from a few months ago. I play during the EU peak times mostly and from what I've heard the US peak time figures are worse. I know the Elysium Project have said they do not want to touch the Anathema community as it is the old Nostalrius, however if left untouched it will continue to dwindle and die.

It's getting very boring sitting in a group for several hours while it forms for raids such as AQ20/ZG, especially when you have a strange work schedule where pugging is your only real option on days off as you cant commit to a guild. Or even just finding groups for 5 mans is a nightmare at the best of times.

New players tend to lean toward Elysium, Anathema is at the AQ40 patch which some people may see as it being close to "the end", and would prefer Elysiums lesser progressed server. There is also the issue of population, it is no secret that Elysium has a much bigger population and Anathemas is now becoming an issue, which also deters players.

There is the option of opening transfer TO Anathema, but again I doubt many people would want to come from the well-populated Elysium server to Anathema, you'd be lucky if a single person took the transfer.

In my opinion the server has hit a point where it can only get worse, there are so few people that no one new wants to come here, regardless of the incentive, as for the current players they are getting frustrated and slowly quitting, the more that quit, the less want to join, the less that join, the more that will quit etc. I do realise that posts like this and comments such as "ded server" do not help, however I think we have passed the point of no return, Elysium is a no brainer for new and current players, regardless of these posts.

So, what can be done? Like I said, new player incentives and x-fers from Elysium most likely won't work, or will only give a temporary population bump. The only real option is to merge or offer a transfer away for those who no longer wish to be aboard the sinking ship. Obviously all servers are at different progression levels, so a merge logistically would be challenging to say the least. One option would be to halt further raid release on Anathema until another server catches up then allow a merge, in the meantime players could opt to transfer off early, however with the loss of any gear not obtainable on the other server, the players could be given the equivalent piece of gear from the respective patch on the server they transfer to. Heck at this point, I'd transfer to Elysium even if you just flat out delete any gear not obtainable on that server.

Basically I'm bored of waiting HOURS groups, world chat is mostly used for some light chatter nowadays opposed to the dungeon/raid group spam it once was, the server is going down no matter which way you look at it, it's time to face facts and take some action before too many people quit. I love Vanilla WoW and appreciate the work done by the Elysium team, but currently with the state of the server I dont think I can handle it much longer, and I doubt I'm alone.

 

Pls Elysium, halp?

 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you don't care about your gear, the easy solution is to re-roll on Elysium. It takes ~ 1 month to hit 60, then you got a character that you can experience a high pop realm with. If you're not willing to level for one month, sounds like a high pop isn't a priority for you. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely detest leveling in Vanilla but love the end game, done it on Nost, lost my char because of the small x-fer window and did it again here, would take ages leveling again to 60 alongside real life. The server is on the way out regardless, something will have to be done sooner or later, so would rather put my opinion out there and hope Elysium listen to the community and fix it, or at least attempt to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/7/2017 at 9:16 PM, mbd said:

Absolutely detest leveling in Vanilla but love the end game, done it on Nost, lost my char because of the small x-fer window and did it again here, would take ages leveling again to 60 alongside real life. The server is on the way out regardless, something will have to be done sooner or later, so would rather put my opinion out there and hope Elysium listen to the community and fix it, or at least attempt to fix it.

Agree.

Anathema and Darrowshire have serious population problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ProMeTheus112 said:

did you make poll to find out if players of anathema and darrowshire want a merge??

To be fair, all you have to do is play on Anathema for a day to know that the majority would be in favour, it gets talked about in trade/general/world/guilds/raids etc all the time, people are fed up. I'm sure some people are opposed to it but the majority I'm fairly certain would be for it. I've heard of some lag/crashes on Elysium which may deter some, but to be quite frank, I'd rather have a constant higher MS, lag spikes and server downtime than sit in Ironforge for 5-6 hours at a time trying to get a group for anything.

As for Darrowshire, I can't speak for them, never played on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mbd said:

As for Darrowshire, I can't speak for them, never played on it.

I might be wrong but afaik darrowshire have not been asking for an anathema merge. Even if some have it's no where near as loud as ZK was.  

But the way I see it darrowshire is not merging with anathema for the simple reason that people rolled on that server because pve. The people that server attracts is a different clientele to a pvp server and the amount of people on it and active now is probably a reasonable reflection of the demand for a pve server in the vanilla community considering it's one-of-a-kind.

Also demanding anathema to elysium transfers is delusional. There are countless threads and responses on this forum already that covers why that is. So you either stfu and keep playing or you reroll and start over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anathema to Elysium isn't delusional, lots of logic behind it, explain your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because opening transfers to elysium is an actual death sentence to anathema for those that want to remain. 100%. There is still a significant portion of people such as myself not interested in starting over again with vanilla and are content with a server peak population as is. 

Also you're asking staff to reallocate a massive amount of work into migrations and itemization limitations; gold capping, removing consumables as to not impact economy on target realm. This would apply to 100s, 1000s and possibly even more individual characters as the transfer effect would eventually snowball.

Leaving 3 options: 
Open up transfers the other way(elysium->anathema), i'm sure it would still be a lot of work but at least you would not have to limit/remove items/consumables assuming it would have a lesser impact on an older and more mature economy which might not be the case. 

Speeding up elysium timeline and slowing down naxxramas release so you can eventually merge. 

Reroll elysium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we all know that if a merge were to happen it wouldnt happen tomorrow. A post made a few weeks ago outlined a good plan to speed up content release on Elysium to that of what the Blizzlike release was, and have the servers merged within say 6 months with minimal impact.

I do realise the issues with allowing people to move early or transfering while at 2 different patches and wouldn't really expect that of them. However allowing Elysium to catch up is a very viable option, even if it does take 6+ months, at least if they told us now or soon that it were to happen there would be a light at the end of the tunnel for people.

Right now it just feels pointless with any effort put into my character with dwindling numbers. Lets face it, people such as myself who've put a lot of time into gear/reputations etc don't want to re-roll and its not really a viable option, the ammount of time it would take to get a new 60 then back to the point im at now would be very time consuming and to be honest, very boring doing all of that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Papete said:

Devs are a bunch of nerds who don't understand shit about how make community happy, they just think being a nerd like them self and farm shit 10h a day is the only thing that matter for make wow vanilla successful.

This is just moronic on so many levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mbd said:

Anathema to Elysium isn't delusional, lots of logic behind it, explain your point?

Very little logic, lots of rationalising. 

Par for the course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Papete said:

Another nerd who feel offended by the truth and think that doing  10 AQ40 twice a week make him a strong player.

Anathema dead, Darro dead, Ely infested by China adn russian scum and a bunch of western PVE nerd.

So moronic right .... so mornic that other private server have 13k online person per server.

Go farm some more consumable nerd and STFU

You could do with a dash of "nerd" - it's clear that thinking and communicating aren't your strong points. Go take some remedial language and culture classes.  When you've done that - assuming you manage to scrape a "pass" - practice engaging your brain before typing this dribbling lexical diarrhoea.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realms get old. The content is fun, but limited and we need people an all tiers to feel that Azeroth is alive.

Even on Elysium it starts to get difficult to run BGs in lower tiers " 'cause in WoW, the real game is end-game"... which is precisely the mentality which leads to Legion, the retail trail and all of its consequences. The first symptom is---> 80% of the population have at least 1 character at level 60.

Believe it or not, the very thing which keeps people playing WoW  is the same thing that people openly hate: leveling.

From time to time, as a community we need to start fresh servers.

imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fladrif said:

From time to time, as a community we need to start fresh servers.

Wrong.

What keeps people playing is NEW people join the server consistently. They are the ones that level and keep lowbie zones alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SchfiftyFive said:

I might be wrong but afaik darrowshire have not been asking for an anathema merge. Even if some have it's no where near as loud as ZK was.  

But the way I see it darrowshire is not merging with anathema for the simple reason that people rolled on that server because pve. The people that server attracts is a different clientele to a pvp server and the amount of people on it and active now is probably a reasonable reflection of the demand for a pve server in the vanilla community considering it's one-of-a-kind.

Also demanding anathema to elysium transfers is delusional. There are countless threads and responses on this forum already that covers why that is. So you either stfu and keep playing or you reroll and start over. 

I think there are many of us that are in favor of it. Rather have something, than nothing at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forest_ said:

Wrong.

What keeps people playing is NEW people join the server consistently. They are the ones that level and keep lowbie zones alive.

Apparently, we're limited in numbers.

You can't advertise Vanilla WoW as a brand new game. New players join Legion or modern MMORPGs.

There's a static number of vanilla lovers, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Azatos said:

I think there are many of us that are in favor of it. Rather have something, than nothing at all.

Well I suggest you start a rally then if that merge is to happen it's you guys that have to push for it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting a fresh character on Elysium is the solution. 

No one says you have to delete your Anathema Character to re-roll. If you care about raiding, then you can simply "raid log" as many people are already doing to enjoy the high end content on your Anathema character. While in your other time level an Elysium Alt for more player interaction. If raiding isn't your thing, but you like 5 man content or pvp, Elysium should be an obvious choice to re roll as there are many more dungeons and pvp events happening. 

Starting over is demoralizing, and can feel overwhelming I know. But it pays to have the long term perspective here. Anathema is dwindling, and will continue to do so. This is natural for a mature server. If you wish to play this game for the next 6 months, 1 year, or even longer: a couple months of pain to level new, and gear up is well worth the reward of more player interaction and longevity. 

If you don't re-roll your future is unclear and out of your hands. In my opinion a server merge wouldn't be realistic for at least 1 year but who knows.  So for the next year or so you have to play with your current circumstances, watch the server continue to dwindle, and have your playing experience get worse and worse over time, before maybe just maybe getting bailed out in the end by the merge. 

Don't wait for a bail out that may or may not come. Be in charge of your own destiny. Take action. Re-roll. Endure the short term pain, for the long term reward. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, foleet said:

Starting a fresh character on Elysium is the solution. 

No one says you have to delete your Anathema Character to re-roll. If you care about raiding, then you can simply "raid log" as many people are already doing to enjoy the high end content on your Anathema character. While in your other time level an Elysium Alt for more player interaction. If raiding isn't your thing, but you like 5 man content or pvp, Elysium should be an obvious choice to re roll as there are many more dungeons and pvp events happening. 

Starting over is demoralizing, and can feel overwhelming I know. But it pays to have the long term perspective here. Anathema is dwindling, and will continue to do so. This is natural for a mature server. If you wish to play this game for the next 6 months, 1 year, or even longer: a couple months of pain to level new, and gear up is well worth the reward of more player interaction and longevity. 

If you don't re-roll your future is unclear and out of your hands. In my opinion a server merge wouldn't be realistic for at least 1 year but who knows.  So for the next year or so you have to play with your current circumstances, watch the server continue to dwindle, and have your playing experience get worse and worse over time, before maybe just maybe getting bailed out in the end by the merge. 

Don't wait for a bail out that may or may not come. Be in charge of your own destiny. Take action. Re-roll. Endure the short term pain, for the long term reward. 

 

 

Re-roll? that's would be same think all Elysium staff, that's not a player's solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one would be 100% willing to accept a gear downgrade/deletion in order to be able to transfer my Anathema characters to Elysium.  Items rewarded from quests (eg zandalarian hero charm) could just be deactivated until the proper patch, pvp blues could be downgraded to their lvl 58 versions, etc.  Anathema has been a dead meme for months, it's time to officially make it so imo.

Edit: I say this as someone who played Nostalrius since day 1 launch day.  It's time to move on, if you love something let it go~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, QQsya said:

I for one would be 100% willing to accept a gear downgrade/deletion in order to be able to transfer my Anathema characters to Elysium.  Items rewarded from quests (eg zandalarian hero charm) could just be deactivated until the proper patch, pvp blues could be downgraded to their lvl 58 versions, etc.  Anathema has been a dead meme for months, it's time to officially make it so imo.

Edit: I say this as someone who played Nostalrius since day 1 launch day.  It's time to move on, if you love something let it go~

i think reversing patches/itemisation is quite hard to pull of and not possible with their current recources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 4:37 AM, flowqz said:

i think reversing patches/itemisation is quite hard to pull of and not possible with their current recources.

Just make all the AQ gear require lvl 61 (which Nost did with the quests for 1.10 in lights hope). Then when AQ is released revert them to 60. I'm sure if ANYTHING happens the elysium players will cry like they did when bwl got announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have zero problem taking every piece of aq gear I have and keeping it in my bank for the months until aq comes out on elysium. Heck it'd give me an actual reason to go back to bwl and run what I can to fill the slots. It's a small price to pay to be able to be on as active of a server as we were used to leveling up. And for some of us reroll is simply not an option due to time or investment or lack of interest and being on the original server shouldn't be a punishment for that mentality. I'm not saying we need to be catered to or given special treatment. But we should be given the respect of the fact that nost made vanilla as successful as it was. Before it 1k was an amazing server. Anathema is now sitting at 1k "dead" and I'm happy for the fact that vanilla is so popular but we are now being punished by circumstances.

Take the time you are spending working on naxx and move it to working on a db merge so that anathema joins elysium with all aq items locked as suggested above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, taladril said:

Take the time you are spending working on naxx and move it to working on a db merge so that anathema joins elysium with all aq items locked as suggested above. 

The Open Source devs working on Naxx are not developers who are working on the team. They're all dedicated to doing Naxx for their own reasons. There's no resource loss for attention being given to Naxx other than sysadmin tasks that take very little time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×