Cetus

Crossbow of Imminent Doom vs. Rhok'delar

Greetings hunters,

Here's looking for input from the hunter community on an unresolved discussion I've been having. The title explains it mostly.

It is said hunter's opinion that the Ossi Xbow is a worthwhile upgrade from Rhok'delar, so much so that hunters ought to be on par with prot warriors, and by extension fury/rogue too.

It is my opinion that Prot Warriors benefit more from this Xbow, because it is best in slot in all current content, and afaik well into Naxx. The strength/agi/stam and hit are all very useful for prot warrs in terms of threat and avoidance. Also, since non-troll hunters still only need 6% hit from gear, assuming surefooted, make the +hit a fairly redundant stat for them to have on this particular slot. Rhok gives 1% crit, more DPS, higher high-end dmg and more RAP. Xbow gives higher minimum dmg and slightly lower max dmg so it does give slightly more stable DPS. Also the main argument in favor of hunters is of course the slower speed, clipping less of an auto-shot.

However, if this Xbow goes to a hunter they'll replace it with Chromie Xbow, which is miles better.

I'd like some informed thoughts on this. Any input is appreciated.

Imminent Doom is a downgrade from Rhok'delar, so I'm not sure why you'd go after it over a melee class if you've already done the leaf quest.  The main upgrade from Rhok'delar is Ashjre'thul.

Rhok'delar is already worse than the AV xbow so just wait until Ashjre'thul. The only other item comparable is the gun from AQ.

Rhok is your best weapon until the xbow off Chromag. This is your natural T1 best then T2 upgrade. The only reason to go for anything else is IF you can't get these. But I question how you'd be unable to get a Rhok because leaf is in 9/10 domo chests. If you can't get a Ashjr, consider the gun from Ouros, which is next in line for top.

The crossbos from AQ 20, which is decent, you will NEVER see because it'll always be reserved for melee. This is especially true for tanks, who need hit for rage/threat, but get almost zill off their tanking equipment. The easiest solutions are bows/rings with hit, which don't hog up more important slots. Band of Accuria is best for this, which is 2 hit on 1 ring slot. This should always be tank priority drop. You however get hit on your gear/talents/enchants/scope, making it a no brainer to cap.

"Rhok'delar is already worse than the AV xbow"
That guy is an idiot. The Bloodseeker isn't even the top blue anymore, as the repeater from AQ/ZG quest has replaced it. This quest is nearly effortless to do, and gets you the best blue, for stats or shooting.

6 hours ago, Narzilx said:

Rhok'delar is already worse than the AV xbow so just wait until Ashjre'thul. The only other item comparable is the gun from AQ.

lolwut 

Rhok'delar is better than Bloodseeker. 

Apparently Bloodseeker is better than Rhok'delar because of attack speed. Rhok'delar is too fast and messes with your rotation. (I am not a hunter but I have heard this from many top hunters.)

Being slower does not automatically make something better. Any "top" Hunter would tell you Rhok > any blue in game. Bloodseeker isn't even best blue anymore, as AQ 20 brought with it a better one, and it's easier to obtain as well. 1 pug run in ZG+AQ will tick the quest. HF trying to get a korrak kill on here.

9 hours ago, Annoying said:

Apparently Bloodseeker is better than Rhok'delar because of attack speed. Rhok'delar is too fast and messes with your rotation. (I am not a hunter but I have heard this from many top hunters.)

Rhok has both higher damage and faster speed, there's no way Bloodseeker can be better. Even if some of your autoshots get delayed, you still fire faster and harder with Rhok'delar.

12 hours ago, Annoying said:

Doesn't matter that the 2.9 causes delays, the damage output is still better than Bloodseeker.

18 hours ago, Bloodworks said:

The delay is the exact problem. Idk maybe you enjoy clipping but the easiest way to increase your dps is a clean rotation.

Please tell me how can the delay make Rhok'delar worse if each shot still does more dmg than Bloodseeker would. Thanks. Lol.

22 hours ago, Bloodworks said:

The delay is the exact problem. Idk maybe you enjoy clipping but the easiest way to increase your dps is a clean rotation.

The easiest way to increase your DPS is having a weapon with high DPS.

7 часов назад, Myllz сказал:

The easiest way to increase your DPS is having a weapon with high DPS.

u need pretty slow weapon as hunter and you know it. But it doesnt matter when we are talking abour Rhok vs Blood. Rhok>Blood anyway.

17 hours ago, lorthiras said:

u need pretty slow weapon as hunter and you know it. But it doesnt matter when we are talking abour Rhok vs Blood. Rhok>Blood anyway.

2.9 is slow.

Well for example if my guildie equips both weapons with his current gear self buffed  hawk+TSA.

white dmg

Rhok is 441-523

Bloodseeker is  483-529

weapon speed normalization doesn't apply to white damage so slower weapons hit harder. Yes Rhok will have higher Yellow hits.  White damage is a huge chunk of your dps.

18 hours ago, Bloodworks said:

Well for example if my guildie equips both weapons with his current gear self buffed  hawk+TSA.

white dmg

Rhok is 441-523

Bloodseeker is  483-529

weapon speed normalization doesn't apply to white damage so slower weapons hit harder. Yes Rhok will have higher Yellow hits.  White damage is a huge chunk of your dps.

You do realize this means absolutely nothing considering Rhok will fire more often, right?

Any hunter that hasn't taken elitist jerks' word as gospel should go ahead and reroll

https://forum.elysium-project org/topic/31461-hunter-damage-cycles-breakdown-ej-repost/

On 17.08.2017 at 3:01 AM, Annoying said:

If a weapon is faster than another but hits for more ( which Rhok'delar does ) it's nonsensical to say the slower weapon is better.

With Rhok'delar you hit for more with Yellows and might end up with an extra autoshot between yellows.

So how in the world would Bloodseeker be better?

On 8/27/2017 at 8:48 AM, alexinho said:

If a weapon is faster than another but hits for more ( which Rhok'delar does ) it's nonsensical to say the slower weapon is better.

With Rhok'delar you hit for more with Yellows and might end up with an extra autoshot between yellows.

So how in the world would Bloodseeker be better?

They're about on par with each other. I'd say BS probably outperforms because full clip rotations are easier to do with lag.